THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

minimum vehicle requirement

Go down 
+4
Omnicide
Dark_Kindred
PowerFromPain71
melkorthetonedeaf
8 posters
AuthorMessage
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

minimum vehicle requirement Empty
PostSubject: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 13:58

I'm working out how to build up my army, and I'm reading a lot of stuff about DE needing vehicles to survive. I'm not trying to build a foot army, but I want to avoid taking minimum units just to get the vehicle.

At 1000pts, what is the minimum number of vehicles you would take?
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 17:07

Depends on if you will being using Venoms or Raiders. In 1000 points, I'd have 2 Ravagers and 2 Raiders or 3 Venoms. And that's with full units in the transports. Are you thinking about using Kabalite Warriors, Wyches, or Wracks? And what transports would you use?
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 17:22

Kabalites mostly. I prefer to play keep-away. I have two Venoms (or will soon!), so each with take Wyches I think.

Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2014, 09:32

6-7 w/ Jetfighter and Wych or Incubi unit.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2014, 09:45

You can run lists with little to no vehicles, I think this is the most competitively successful DE list there has been in recent years

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/484661.page?userfilterid=35545

No DE vehicles in that list
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2014, 10:50

Omnicide wrote:
You can run lists with little to no vehicles, I think this is the most competitively successful DE list there has been in recent years

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/484661.page?userfilterid=35545

No DE vehicles in that list

I honestly have no idea how that list works but it clearly must do as it won a GT vs the guy who just walked the Las Vegas Open.

melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2014, 13:20

Absolutely crazy. I think that has a lot to do with skill, of which I have little.

Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2014, 16:11

I feel like that army would get decimated now. That list was made before I believe Tau or new Eldar came out.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12 2014, 18:08

Dethdispenser wrote:
I feel like that army would get decimated now. That list was made before I believe Tau or new Eldar came out.
If you're referring to Sean's list you'd be wrong, foot DE/E usually trashes Tau/Eldar unless you fail to get fortune AND are going second/are playing hammer and anvil. Obviously he's updated it for new eldar (and now goes Eldar primary with spiders and wraith knights) but the core is still very similar. I played with him at this years Onslaught GT and we both got knocked out by Daemons of all things. Him in round 4 to a plauge drone-star with 3 soulgrinders, me in round 5 to a fast assualt 20 seeker/20 hound/6 drone/belakor/LoC list.
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13 2014, 02:09

Is there an updated version of that list floating about? I'm still going to build as needed (copy-pasted lists are for humans), but it would be nice to see a viable DE/E foot build.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13 2014, 19:07

That list obviously rely on a deathstar with a rerollable 2++.

Lots of deployment schemes there.

And old dirty last turn denying-scoring with Eldar Jetbikes.
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 16:18

I don't know his exact list but this is close enough to get the gist of it.  For 1850:

Eldrad
Farseer, bike, Spirit Stone
3 x 3 Windriders
8 Warp Spiders
8 Warp Spiders
Wraithknight

Vect
20 Warriors, 2 Cannons, Sybarite
5 BMs, 20 Khymera, 2 Razorwings

I haven't played him since eldar got updated, but his results at the tournament last weekend sort of speak for themselves.  Despite not getting Fortune in something like 3/5 of his games he was still on the top tables all of day 1 and finished 4th overall out of 50-60ish people (so it certainly doesn't rely on a re-rollable anything, Sean is an amazing player which has a lot to do with it also).  Eldrad's redeploy plus Vect's Seize make for a pretty powerful combo since there aren't any easy choices for your opponent.  If you give him first to deny Vect's seize it's impossible to refuse flank since Eldrad will just redeploy half the army (and you're letting him cast all his buffs), and if you take first you run the very real risk of letting him deploy second AND go first.  The only real vulnerability it has is that the pack can get bogged down, his one loss was becasue a triple nurgle soulgrinder list got into combat and the beasts never got unstuck.  Didn't see the game but there were enough ruins on the table that the grinders probably always had 2+ cover (explaining why the knight\spiders didn't deal with them at range), and there was a huge plague drone unit (9 w/champ and banner, FNP herald, LVL1 herald, Epidemius) that kept the Knight/spiders from wanting to get close/get rear armor shots.

I'm currently running Foot DE/E for 1850:
Baron
5 Warriors
5 Warriors
20 Warriors, 2 cannons, Sybarite
5 BMs, 10 Khymera, 6 Razorwings
5 BMs, 10 Khymera, 6 Razorwings
Talos, TL-Liquifier
Talos, TL-Liquifier

Farseer, Bike, Shard, Stones, Both runes, Spear
2 x 3 Windriders
8 Spiders
Wraithknight

I had 3 wins and a draw going into the final (including almost tabling a Serpents + Tau list, I rolled fortune and went first, he never really had a chance).  But dropped the ball big time in my last game and got a big fat "0" so ended up 8th while my opponent won the tournament.  

They're fun and powerful lists and it's a nice break from Venom Spam but things can go horribly wrong very quickly if you make too many mistakes (although most DE lists are like that), and it used to be kind of unique. Going all foot is still a bit unusual, but it seems like everyone is allying a beastpack into eldar these days.  As you can see from the link above Sean's been running beasts since well before the new Eldar dropped, and I've been loving my Baron + Beasts since our new codex came out (although I used to take Lady Malys instead of a Farseer for Psy-defense and re-deploy tricks).
Back to top Go down
melkorthetonedeaf
Hellion
melkorthetonedeaf

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17 2014, 13:08

I really like Warp Spiders, and I've heared awesome things about Beastpacks. I suppose I'm really just trying to avoid spamming vehicles.

PostSubject: Re: minimum vehicle requirement   minimum vehicle requirement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

minimum vehicle requirement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: