THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts Empty
PostSubject: VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts   VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 09:37

A fairly fun game yesterday against Imperial Guard at 1800pts.
I was fielding my pure(ish) Kabalite force: four Venom-mounted warrior squads with a Blaster, a Ravager, 10 Scourge, 2 Voidravens stacked with Shatterfield Missiles, Drazhar on a Raider with nine other Incubi, and the Baron with a full unit of Beasts (5 Beastmasters, 1 Clawed Fiend, 4 Razorwings and 10 Khymera).
He was fielding nothing by Veterans, all tooled up in Carapace and with heavy weapons everywhere. They were backed up by three Leman Russes and a Vendsetta (containing more Veterans and a Lord Commissar).

In brief:

Emperor's Will - Hammer and Anvil

I got first turn and a fairly uneventful opening, simply moving through the terrain, finding cover and getting closer. I did manage to immobilize the Russ totting lots of Plasma though. His opening faired better, taking down two Venoms and the Ravager.

My second I got some luck, the Scourge and both Voidravens arrived (though I had the Warlord trait for rerolling reserves....) however the Scourge did mishap, and my opponent placed them way at the other end of the table. The Voidravens didn;t do incredibly well their first turn, scoring a few hits on two of the tanks but not killing them. Turn two though I was close enough to get Drazhar and friends into combat, where they killed a nice mushy unit of Guard, though lost two to Overwatch.
His second his Vendetta arrives. His other fire managed to take down a few Beasts, and further Venom, and immobilized both a Voidraven and the Incubi's Raider. A lot of fire (Leman Russes and a few Guard squads) knocked the Incubi down to 2 models, one of whom was Drazhar (with but a wound left).

Turn three, and a Void Bomb knocks out a Plasma Cannon on a Russ, and a few Shatterfield Missiles take down a Guard Squad. The Beasts get closer, and the Scourge make their way halfway across the board at last. More general Guardsmen die here and there, their left flank collapsing from fire after the Incubi split them from the main group. Drazhar makes into combat with his Command Platoon and wipes them out, giving me the Warlord, but leaving Drazhar and one Incubi in the heart of many Guardsmen.
Heis response, three Guard squads and a Plasma-totting Leman Russ, take Drazhar and friend down at last. One of the Voidravens also goes down as a Vendetta comes up behind it.

My fourth, and a Warrior squad take advantage of a hovering Vendetta to shoot it with a Blaster. Failure.
The last Venom gets in behind one of the Russes and its passengers get a good Blaster hit to its rear, destroying it. Another Warrior squad manage to get themselves onto one of the objectives (in my own half) and the Scourge edge ever closer, now directly beneath a Vendetta. The Beasts get into combat, and kill a Guard squad.
His fourth and the Vendetta moves to take care of nearby warriors, but doesn't get past their cover. It disgorges its Veterans and Commissar who do serious damage to the Scourge, with fire elsewhere bouncing of the Khymerae. The final Venom is also immobilized.

My fitth, and a Voidraven completes its turns to head back towards the Vendetta, where it swiftly does nothing useful. Scourge and Warriors fire at the Veterans and knock a few down, whilst two Warrior squads bring their Blasters on the Vendetta and fail to hit it (despite hovering). The immobilized Venom and passengers open fire on the few remaining Guard on their left flank, but don't quite kill them all, whilst the Baron shows how its down on the Guard's right flank. The Beats, being a big enough unit, spread out and charge headlong into TWO Guard Squads AND the plasma-Russ. The Baron himself takes care of the Russ single-handed, taking away its last Hull-Point for the kill. The Beats meanwhile slaughter one of the other Guard squads and reduce the other so much it flees, and it then run down. The Scourge also take a chance and charge the Commissar and Veterans, doing very little.
His fifth, and the Scourge have the last veterans tied up and the Vendetta has limited targets. It shoots Warriors, but doesn't do very much damage because of the cover. The last Russ suffers a bit too, finally killing the last Venom but not much else.

The game ends there, final score is a 5 - 1 victory for the Dark Eldar (one objective, Linebreaker and Warlord, against his First Blood.

All in all, I'm enjoying this list. The Incubi continue to be great as ever, as do the twin-cannon Venoms. I've only recently started taking the Blasters in the Venom passenger squads, preferring to add their Splinter fire to the Venoms own Anti-Troop fire, but it's worked out fairly well. I'm down on fire elsewhere, but the benefit of being able to take a tank here and there is with it.
I'm loving thew additions of the Beasts, especially running around with the Baron. The current mix of Beasts I'm working with seems to be going quite well, but I guess time will tell on that one.
Ravager didn't make a great showing of itself this time around, but it has in the past so I think it'll stick around, as will the two Voidravens.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts   VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 10:01

Sounds like an excellent match up! With lots of killy goodness! What was the comparative model counts out of interest?

Do you feel the scourges would have done more had they not been mishapped?

Do you use stock GW models for razorwings or conversions? (I can't recall from your plog if you have shown them...)

Also, did he not get Warlord for killing Drazhar as he has higher leadership than baron so should be warlord? Or am I missing something which means he can't be?

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts   VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 10:19

Model count, about even I'd say. He had more Troops than me, but overall fairly even.

The scourges would have done more if they hadn't of mishaped, but on reflection what the would've done would have left the Incubi with nothing to assault! So it worked out I think.....

The Voidravens are a scratch-build. I haven;t put them in the Project Log yet for two reasons: 1) they're awkward to photograph, and 2) I'm planning to rebuild them. They were a cheap build, and now that I have some better materials I want to redo them a little bit stronger. I'll put them up eventually I think....

Warlord, I think maybe I missed something? Does the Warlord HAVE to be the highest Leadership in the army? I was using the Baron as the Warlord (Drazhar seems wrong as an army leader somehow) but if I got that wrong it's still a 5-2 victory.....

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts   VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 10:46

I'm pretty sure if you have 2 HQ's it has to be the one with the highest leadership but at work so can't check (working hard as you can tell...) Don't worry I wasn't questioning your awesome victory, just wondering if Drazhar had a rule that I'd missed was all Smile

I know what you mean about photographing Voidravens scratchbuilds mate! Based on the quality of your previous work I look forward to seeing what you have/come up with next!

What were your scourges equipped with by the way? I currently have 5 with 2 haywires and was planning on doing 5 more with heatlances.... Was wondering if you had any advice on either or?

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts   VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VS. Imperial Guard - 1800pts
Page 1 of 1