THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

DE in local store tournament - 1850 points.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jbaidacoff
Slave
jbaidacoff

DE in local store tournament - 1850 points. Empty
PostSubject: DE in local store tournament - 1850 points.   DE in local store tournament - 1850 points. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16 2014, 20:39

Here's the list I took to a local store tournament.  Came in fourth, but actually did better than that as I will explain.  The list did well and proved very resilient.  It was an 1850 point tournament.

Kabal of the Pale Total:

HQ: Lady Malys
Elite: 4 Incubi
    1 Venom, + Splinter Cannon

Troops: Wyches
 4 + Haywire Grenades 2)
    1 Hekatrix,  + Haywire Grenades + Phantasm Grenade Launcher + Power Weapon
    1 Venom

Troops: Wyches
4 + Haywire Grenades 2)
   1 Hekatrix,  + Haywire Grenades + Phantasm Grenade Launcher + Power Weapon
   1 Venom

Troops: Kabalite Warriors
 10  + Splinter Cannon
    1 Raider+ Splinter Racks + Night Shields

10 + Splinter Cannon
    1 Raider + Splinter Racks + Night Shields

5  + Blaster
    1 Venom+ Splinter Cannon

Elite: Kabalite Trueborn
 5  + Shardcarbine + Blaster x4
    1 Venom+ Splinter Cannon

Heavy Support: Ravager

Troops: Wracks
 1 Haemonculus + Stinger Pistol + Power Weapon  + Crucible of Malediction
 7  Wracks + Liquifier Gun
    1 Acothyst + Agoniser
    1 Raider + Night Shields

Game 1 was against Grey Knights.  Grandmaster with Paladins and Apothecary making it a really tough squad. Vindicaire assassin, Stormraven and Dread Knight. Three sqauds of Grey knights and two Rhinos. Mission was purge the Alien. Secondary was Slay the Warlord. Set up was Vanguard Strike.  No night fighting, Grey Knights had first turn.  He shunted his Dread Knight and Interceptor Squad to my side of the table and generally did little damage turn one except to stun one Ravager.  I managed 10 shots on his Dread Knight on my turn one and and only did one wound.  Much fighting ensued.  I made the mistake of taking on his Paladin squad in hand to hand combat and suffered terribly.  Nonetheless, my mass poison fire did the job (including taking out the Dread Knight).  The Stormraven did not have spectacular results and got taken out when it went into hover mode.  We managed 5 turns by which time he was down to 2 models - a Paladin and his Grandmaster. Alas, even though I still had six units on the board, he won as he had taken out 15 of my units and my Warlord.

Game 2 was Emperor's will.  Secondary objective was Linebreaker. Set up was Dawn of War, I had first turn and night fighting on turn one.  My opponent fielded a beautifully painted Tyranid Army.  However, he had only two synapse creatures.  Enough said.   I killed his synapse creatures by my turn two.  Much hilarity ensued.  On his turn 2 one of his Mawlocs came up in my deployment zone.  I had yet to go into his deployment zone.  Play was slow (lots of leadership tests by him) and the game ended after two turns.  I won the primary objective, but his Mawloc got him the secondary.  Kind of a rip-off for me, but it was a fun game.

Game 3 was Crusade and secondary was Slay the Warlord.  Set up was Hammer and Anvil.  i was up against a Sisters of Battle Army with Coteaz and friends as allies.  St. Celestine was commander and there was a Cannoness with Celetians in an Immolator, 2 squads in Repressors, a Dominion squad in an Immolator, a heavy support squad with Heavy Bolters, 2 exorcists and a Valkyrie (which never made it onto the board) and Aegis defence line.  I went first with night fighting. He put put his two Exorcists in the far corner of the board behind an Aegis defence line.  This meant I could put my Ravagers in the opposite corner out of range.  I picked off things that came into range  and offered up a Raider for his Exorcists  to shoot at while I picked apart his army.  Pulled out the Crucible of Malediction in turn 3 and Coteaz rolled 12 - too bad, so sad.  Eventually moved in with my Wyches and Blasterborn squad and took out the Excorcists.  Major victory for DE!

A fun tournament with good result for the DE (and I was wearing my Dark City T-shirt - represent!)
Back to top Go down
Mayk0l
Hellion
Mayk0l

PostSubject: Re: DE in local store tournament - 1850 points.   DE in local store tournament - 1850 points. I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03 2014, 23:26

Congratulations, sounds like uou should have won the first game as well! Nice read. Can you tell us a bit about the rest of the field?
Back to top Go down
jbaidacoff
Slave
jbaidacoff

PostSubject: Re: DE in local store tournament - 1850 points.   DE in local store tournament - 1850 points. I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 22:31

It was a mixed bag. Stand outs were a Chaos army with Hell turkey, space wolves with a half dozen characters it seems, Tau, and a couple of others. It was over two weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DE in local store tournament - 1850 points.   DE in local store tournament - 1850 points. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DE in local store tournament - 1850 points.
Page 1 of 1