THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord Commander
Slave

Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list   Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22 2014, 04:55

There is a practice tournament tomorrow for a huge tourny coming up, and I am really rusty, I played mostly in 5th, and at the 1850 points level. This is my attempt at a competitive 2000 point pure DE list.

HQ:
Baron Sathonyx- 105
Haemonculus, Venom Blade- 55
Troops:
10x Warriors, Dark Lance- 100
5x Warriors, blaster in Venom, Additional Splinter Cannon; Night Shields- 135
5x Wyches, Haywire grenades in Venom , Additional Splinter Cannon; Night Shields- 135
5x Wyches, Haywire grenades in Venom , Additional Splinter Cannon; Night Shields- 135
10x Hellions- 160
Heavy Support:
Ravager, 3 Dark lances; Nightshields – 115
Ravager, 3 Dark lances; Nightshields - 115
Voidraven Bomber, Flickerfields- 155
Voidraven Bomber, Flickerfields- 155
Fortification:
Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun- 100

I think its pretty straightforward. The Haemonculus will leave the Hellions+Sathonyx leaving the paintoken to chill with the 10x Warriors in the ADL. Sathonyx is there for boosted chances of first, as well as giving more survivability to a scoring objective capture" squad. The Warrior- venom squads are a staple, they HURT infantry. The wyches are there for really tough vehicles, and as a tarpitting tool against things that get close to objectives.

The ravagers are in multitude, because some will likely die. The voidraven jetbombers are great AA in addition to the Aegis, and the bombs can be useful against Deathstars.

Any suggestions/ recommended changes? I was thinking about finding points for some missiles somewhere, and I am not sold on the idea of the Aegis defense line and warriors, although they may be useful as a home objective holder.

C&C appreciated, be brutal!
Back to top Go down
JackKnife01
Sybarite
JackKnife01

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list   Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22 2014, 05:56

Is your tournament going by Force Req? If so you are going to have to drop either 3 of something in the Heavy Support.
Back to top Go down
Lord Commander
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list   Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 22 2014, 05:59

Its double force org, as per 2000 point rules in 6th edition.
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list   Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24 2014, 18:24

I'd check the points or equipment of the 10 man warrior squad as the current load out isn't 100 pts and this list is 2100 pts not 2000 pts. To drop it down to 2k I'd get rid of the 10 man squad, Drop night shields on the venoms and take a unit of 5 wracks with a liquifier gun instead as they can do just as well behind the aegis line and are tougher.

I think the list is a competitive one and hopefully will work well in the tournament (or at least be fun to play).

Hopes that helps.

Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list   Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 07:41

As a Caveat, disregard anything I suggest that you don't like.

I agree with Nullus suggestion as you can deploy the Hammy with the Hellions to give them a pain token then move the hammy to the wracks on the Aegis.

I would add that the wyches are kinda gimmicky and redundant in lieu 4 ravagers and 2 void ravens. As an alternative to the wyches I would take a beast squad (opening additional deployment options for the baron) or some reavers... something that supplements what the Hellions are doing on the offense and so that the hellions don't end up being alone in absorbing the first couple turn of anti-infantry fire.

(Albeit if the tourney is using super heavies make sure to double check the rule on the effectiveness of haywire grenades on super heavies and if no change, your wyches will be the way to go).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list   Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting back into the groove, 2000 point tournament list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: