THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Secrets of the Third Reich - USA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

Secrets of the Third Reich - USA Empty
PostSubject: Secrets of the Third Reich - USA   Secrets of the Third Reich - USA I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2011, 14:36

Got a little burnt out on 40k recently, various reasons don't get me wrong I still love my DE but the jibes of overpowered and cheesy have begun to pee me off more than a little. Now if I were a bandwagon jumper or had an unpainted army I could take it in my stride but I put a lot into my armies they are all fully painted and I won't field a unit till it is. So looking through my cupboard of half done projects and games I've never played (Mostly RPG's) I found my copy of 'Secrets of the Third Reich' by Grindhouse and Westwind Games and after lending it to a friend (who is a massive WW2 nut) and together hooking in a couple more we finally got our first proper game in and it ROCKS. So much more tactics and flexibility as well as a pretty cool backstory led to a couple of epic games. Here for your viewing is my 35RP army

Army Shot
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 001-24

Command Squad
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 002-29

and yes all the models have names and nicknames (sad but borded at work with access to google)
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 003-28

Bazooka Teams
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 005-21

Chameleon Snipers
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 006-21

APE Squad (Armoured Personal Exoskeleton - diesel powered terminators)
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 007-16
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 009-10

Infantry Squad
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 011-5

and last but not least a picture from the start of the game I played showing off our local clubs beautiful WW2 Terrain.
Secrets of the Third Reich - USA 26072011027
Back to top Go down
dizylizy
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Secrets of the Third Reich - USA   Secrets of the Third Reich - USA I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 16:18

This looks like a really interesting game. Whats the concept? Alternate ending WW2?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Secrets of the Third Reich - USA   Secrets of the Third Reich - USA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29 2011, 05:22

Yep most stuff is just as our history but towards the 'end' of the war things diverge (germans develop V-gas which as well as killing you reanimates your corpse to kill more people; USA manhattan project is cut short with the team being butt and the plans being stolen) so in current game time the year is 1949 and the war has descended into a stalemate broken only by small engagements. The system has all the normal WW2 stuff as well as various 'fantastical' units mecha, vampires, cyborg, werebears etc and of course zombies!

http://www.westwindproductions.co.uk/catalog/secrets_of_the_third_reich.php
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secrets of the Third Reich - USA   Secrets of the Third Reich - USA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secrets of the Third Reich - USA
Page 1 of 1