THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Infiltrating questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

Infiltrating questions Empty
PostSubject: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2014, 06:55

If you have a warlord that allows you to infiltrate D3 units, can you inflitrate the dedicated transport with the unit inside and it count as one unit for the infiltration purposes?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2014, 09:14

Are we talking Chaos here?

If Chaos - you give Infiltrate to a D3 infantry units of your chosing. Those units will confer Infiltrate to a Dedicated Transport they are embarked on. Transport therefore doesnt count for a D3 limit.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2014, 18:43

Thank you. And yes my opponent was using chaos. Trying to help with his tactics and figured it carried but wanted to consult the pros.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23 2014, 19:50

Heh, no pro by any means. Was playing with the idea myself for Thousand Sons list and Ahriman.
Huron is probably better choice for this Warlord Trait, i realise.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24 2014, 06:31

Yeah I'm setting up a fluff based tourney at 2k.  I have a cult themed army with reavers and a maxed out khymera squad as my star units.  He is using the pirate band theme of a hodge podge of nurgle, and regular CSM.  We have a first place trophy and a last place in our group.  The last place is a huge ridiculous sombrero we call the shame-brero.  He has had the shame-brero for the last 2 tourneys.  Trying to help him get out of it lol.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 14:53

Nurgle and regular CSM with a mix of marks seems like the most competitive way to go from my list experimentation. Nurgle bikers are solid and fast, Plague Marines are able to wound everything and stay put, then you get the rest of the codex to pick from. A Nurgle Lord isn't a bad choice either to make the Plague Marines score, you don't feel like you're wasting a slot. Heldrakes are the way to go for the win though (but I personally don't think the Chaos codex is nearly as bad as people make it out to be).

Of course, I'd never take my own advice. I'm going to get me some World Eaters.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 16:27

Im still waiting for this Long War suplement to have a truly fluffy Night Lords.

Im starting to see Hades Autocannon on Helldrakes. Since Baleflamer do nothing to serpents.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 21:18

Azdrubael wrote:
Im still waiting for this Long War suplement to have a truly fluffy Night Lords.

Im starting to see Hades Autocannon on Helldrakes. Since Baleflamer do nothing to serpents.

A Night Lords supplement is well overdue, especially with the new Forge World Raptors kit for them. Is tasty  Smile 

I wouldn't think people would go too crazy over swapping out the baleflamer for the autocannon though, they can still vector strike the vehicle then flame the occupants. The vector strike has the potential to do as many hits as the autocannon, albeit at one lower strength, which will hit automatically (rather than 50% of the time, as is the case with the Hades Autocannon). On top of that, the Vector Strike ignores cover, and therefore those pesky holofields are useless. I'd think any advantage gained by swapping it out would be pretty minimal for the loss of such a good anti-infantry weapon too. Maybe if you magnetised it and tailored your list it'd be useful, but most of the time you're swapping out a great weapon for a merely good one. If you glue it, what happens when you don't face Serpent spam?  Embarassed 

Perhaps I just like scorchy scorchy dragon robot too much. But I'd be kicking myself if I faced off against something like a Saim-Hann list with an autocannon equipped Heldrake...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 21:43

Mr Believer wrote:
I wouldn't think people would go too crazy over swapping out the baleflamer for the autocannon though,

I agree. Every time I've played against someone who has got rid of the baleflamer I've won. Why anyone would willingly get rid of the best weapon in their arsenal is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infiltrating questions   Infiltrating questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infiltrating questions
Page 1 of 1