THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparksliner
Slave

1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player   1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 02:27

Hi all,
I haven't touched the game since 5th edition. Back then I played a standard venom spam with blasterborn, warriors, ravager, baron and beasts.

I am going to have my first 6th edition game in near future, and I want to try a Wych Cult.

This is my attempt at an all commers list

HQ

Succubus on Skyboard (Baron Sathonyx)

TROOPS 625 points

5 Wyches, Haywire grenades
Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

FA 642 points

9 Reavers, 3 Blasters

9 Reavers, 3 Blasters

3 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing flocks, 5 Khymera

HS 475 points

Razorwing Jetfighter, Splinter cannon Flickerfield, Night shields

Razorwing Jetfighter, Splinter cannon Flickerfield, Night shields

Ravager, Flickerfield, Night shields

1847points.

The basic plan I got in mind:
Hold back and shoot with the venoms, until an opportunity to assault present itself.
Have the beaststar soak fire while advancing trough cover (baron and khyms tanking cover-ignoring fire)
Not sure what to do with the Reavers it seems they can be played in a variety of ways. I am inspired by Mushkillas battlereports and jetbikes seem fun in 6th ed. I am hoping they can be my heroes who show up and "get it done" when other parts of the army fails.
The Razorwings will be my primary anti-air,

Concerns:
The beast unit needs to be bigger? The points would have to come from a Wych unit or the Reavers.
The jetfighters are there because I like the models, they fit the cult theme and I want to try playing with flyers, I don't know if they would perform their role better as voidravens (maybe one of each?)
Night shields on heavy support, worth it? The ravager only has them because I had 13 points left over.

The ravager goes against the pure wych theme, but I don't really mind it.

I moved countries last year, so I don't have access to any of my models. I plan to buy a new army, I will use vassal for my first couple of games before I invest in new models.
My opponents both at the local club and on vassal will be using competitive lists (double riptide and the works).

Comments, critique and suggestions welcome!
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player   1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 09:25

Thats a neat list, the only part i dont like is that you dont have first turn long range AV, one Ravager doesnt count.

Against all mech list that might be trouble, you will wash in blood.

Possible solution - exchange one Razor for a Ravager. Razors wont be good AA anyway ). I'd also drop their defense and pump some points in Reavers, take champeion for them.

People like to take wyches naked with nades, i also like to take Heka with Venom Blade. Quite a nice thing for MC out there.

The beastamsters probably want some more Khymeras.

Back to top Go down
Sparksliner
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player   1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 16:58

Thanks for your feedback  Smile 

I have to agree with the lack of first turn anti-tank.

Swapping a jetfighter for a ravager makes it look like this:

HQ ??? points

Succubus on Skyboard (Baron Sathonyx)

TROOPS 625 points

Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

Venom, Splinter cannon

FA 722 points

9 Reavers, 3 Blasters, Arena Champion

9 Reavers, 3 Blasters, Arena Champion

4 Beastmasters, 4 Razorwing flocks, 9 Khymera

HS 395 points

Razorwing Jetfighter, Splinter cannon Flickerfield

Ravager, Flickerfield

Ravager, Flickerfield

1847points.

I could get the hekatrix upgrade with venom blades if I ditched the last fighter, but I want to keep him.
Having never tried a flyer before I am afraid my remaining jetfighter will just appear and get shoot down by interceptor without his buddy to support him.
Regardless I like the look of this list also, it seems a bit more resilient now that the beast pack is bigger and the reavers got their ld9
I could give the Arena champs venom blades in place of the 9th khymera, but I am not sure if I want to assault with those guys.
Back to top Go down
perhow
Hellion
perhow

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player   1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03 2014, 21:12

I like this list, agree with champions for the reavers and extra ravager. I think venom blades are a worthwhile investment for them too. If they are shooting rather than bladevaning they may well end up in an assault position and with the bikes its much better to assault than be assaulted (hammer of wrath etc). With their drugs, T4 and I6 they are pretty good assault units.

The wyches are all disposable so I wouldn't bother with any hekatrix.

It's possible to get your razorwing on and in a good attack position our of LoS/range of intercepting units but don't be too prissy about it. If it's going down it's going down..
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player   1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 17:42

It starts to look good.
I'd change Ravagers flickers for 10th Khymerae and venom blades for arena champions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player   1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Wych Cult, returning 5th edition player
Page 1 of 1