THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

archons.. how.to kit out and why???

Go down 
+10
commandersasha
Martinman
Expletive Deleted
Athalkar
Crazy_Ivan
Dogmar
whiskeytango
Braden Campbell
Squidmaster
warlock
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 12:55

Squidmaster wrote:
Athalkar wrote:
An additional (more crazy idea) for a Archon kit is to replace both the cc and the splinter pistol with two blast pistols and take advantage of the gunslinger rule.  While I have never done this, and would not recommend for competitive game- having now thinking about it sounds like it could be fun.

Is Gunslinger not a USR? I didn't think it could be used unless the specific model had the Gunslinger rule.

Nope, it's a weapon rule. Any model with 2 pistols can use the Gunslinger rule.

BRB, Page 52 wrote:
All models with two pistols can fire both in the Shooting phase. This follows the normal rules for shooting

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 14:43

Count Adhemar wrote:
Squidmaster wrote:
Athalkar wrote:
An additional (more crazy idea) for a Archon kit is to replace both the cc and the splinter pistol with two blast pistols and take advantage of the gunslinger rule.  While I have never done this, and would not recommend for competitive game- having now thinking about it sounds like it could be fun.

Is Gunslinger not a USR? I didn't think it could be used unless the specific model had the Gunslinger rule.

Nope, it's a weapon rule. Any model with 2 pistols can use the Gunslinger rule.

BRB, Page 52 wrote:
All models with two pistols can fire both in the Shooting phase. This follows the normal rules for shooting

OOOoooooo!!!
I'll remember that.....

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 15:36

I don't have my rulebook handy at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it says "models" with grenades strike in initiative order when charging through terrain, not units. There is also no majority rule as far as I'm aware. Therefore the Archon always strikes in Ini-order as he has grenades. The PGL just lets the whole unit count as being armed with assault / defensive grenades. Therefore every model in the unit (including the archon, obviously) benefits from them.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 16:27

I was not aware of the errata. My "group" told me that's how it worked and I made the mistake of believing them. Ha!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 16:46

You should always have a printed rulebook FAQ as well as your codex FAQ. I keep mine in my books.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 19:28

If not using the Duke I use an Archon with a Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, a Huskblade and the normal Splinter Pistol. Sometimes he'll have a Blaster, but that's just if I really want to make sure what I'm shooting at dies.

archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
warlock
Slave

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 08:08

Thx guys.. i have like a.megaton data to process haha gunslinger archon sounds fun :-p ill try it some day hahaha maybe ill model a few archons eh? Sounds like fun
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 08:20

Why do you get Drugs for Archon. 50% of the time they are nearly useless for him. Allthough the reroll is very powerful. Same with +1S. But running coach, +1WS and +1A not so great.

I usually only take Shadow field and Huskblade and acomppany him to Grots to get benefit of T5. I don't like Soultrap ether as the game is usually too short for it to really matter.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 08:46

I run a tooled Archon, and Sliscus too. With that second drug roll, you end up with a good chance of the Archon being improved significantly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: archons.. how.to kit out and why???   archons.. how.to kit out and why??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

archons.. how.to kit out and why???
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2