THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)

Go down 
+8
Nepenthe
GrenAcid
Jehoel
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Jack Russel
Xelkireth
Rangrok1k
Sky Serpent
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) Empty
PostSubject: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 01:48

Is anyone else excited about this book? And the return of Andy Chambers, a good thing in my humble opinion. 2012 seems far away for me.

What would you like to see Dark Eldar wise from the Black Library? I think most of the visitors here would kill for the release of a DE Jes Goodwin sketchbook. A trilogy chroniciling Vect's rise to power? How to train your slave girl? All in all, this should be an exciting release.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems

Last edited by Sky Serpent on Wed Feb 01 2012, 20:30; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 02:30

I didn't even know of that book. I've been waiting on Path of the Seer by Gav Thorpe to bother looking into Dark Eldar literature. The only book I have read with Dark Eldar in it is Dark Imperium, but that's just because it is a compilation of random short stories (Although, Path of the Warrior did have one Dark Eldar technically... ).

I would be interested in reading it. I cannot stand the amount of Imperium books there are. When an author bothers to drift away from that trend, it's worth a good look.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 04:50

I would like to see a novel taking place in Commorragh. Either from a slave's perspective or someone that makes their own climb to power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 12:50

What is Path of The Renegade about? I couldn’t see any information listed about it?

A sketch book from Jes would be incredible, although I've been downloading all the sketches posted on the GW site since November

Just looked on the Black Library site and there is a book coming out next month by Andy Chambers, which takes place in Commorragh!--> Midnight on the Street of Knives (e-Book)

Last edited by Ariensis on Fri May 20 2011, 12:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Half Posted :P)
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 12:55

Ariensis wrote:
Just looked on the Black Libary site and there is a book coming out next month by Andy Chambers,which takes place in Commorragh!--> Midnight on the Street of Knives (eBook)
I know! I found that today too! Ask and you shall receive, no? I went ahead and shelled out the $2.99. I am going to read it over the weekend if I can. It's only 25 pages so I think I can manage. I'll write a review when I'm finished.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 13:39

I've just downloaded it as well, so we will have to compare views on Monday. (If I can open it... thought it would be a PDF or something... I don’t have an E-Reader...)

Fire Drake is supposed to include a huge fight in Commorragh against the Salamanders chapter but I haven’t read it yet. I actually went into my local store to pick up a copy, but got convinced into buying The First Heretic as Fire Drake is the second book in a series, I think...

The book I'm most interested in at the moment is Deliverance Lost as I’m a big fan of Corax and his Raven Guard.

Last edited by Ariensis on Sat May 21 2011, 08:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 22:52

Ariensis wrote:
I've just downloaded it as well, so we will have to compare views on Monday. (If I can open it... thought it would be a PDF or something... I don’t have an E-Reader...)

Fire Drake is supposed include a huge fight in Commorragh against the Salamanders chapter but I haven’t read it yet. I actually went into my local store to pick up a copy, but got convinced into buying The First Heretic as Fire Drake is the second book in a series, I think...

The book I'm most interested in at the moment is Deliverance Lost as I’m a big fan of Corax and his Raven Guard.
Adobe Digital Editions took me less than a minute to download and install.

As to Fire Drake, while I am interested in the Dark Eldar combat, I don't want to read Salamander fanboy crap.
Back to top Go down
Rangrok1k
Hellion

Location : The Spires of upper Commorragh, amongst the Scourges

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 01:52

On a sidenote, Dark Imperium has a short section on Dark Eldar, from the perspective of a trapped Commissar. I was enjoying it, until the Commissar killed a Wych in cc. From that point on it goes into the same old Imperium iz awesomeness stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 10:46

Xelkireth wrote:
Adobe Digital Editions took me less than a minute to download and install.
Thanks for that link, I've got it downloading now.

Xelkireth wrote:
As to Fire Drake, while I am interested in the Dark Eldar combat, I don't want to read Salamander fanboy crap.
Fanboy Crap!? I can understand if you're not a fan of Space Marines or that chapter but I'm sure its well written material which adds to the 40K universe regardless...

From what I've read online Fire Drake seems to be about the battle that was an important turning point in Commorragh society as it marked Vects rise to power, as described in Codex: Dark Eldar pg 13-15 inclusive. I would love to read a detailed account of this, even if it is from an Astartes viewpoint! Its a must buy for me at some point.

Last edited by Ariensis on Sat May 21 2011, 10:59; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting & Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Jack Russel
Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 23:13

If they did a novel from the slaves point of veiw I imagine it would be like Septimus story in the night lords novels.

Path of the renegade might be good but if anybody should write somthing that is set in Commorragh it should be Henry Zou.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 11:53

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/Alien-Ninja-Pirate.html

You can now see the cover for the forthcoming DE book at the Black Library website.

I'm not a fan personally, I think the head looks very off.

Also it is confirmed that it will feature Vect.

The Black Library wrote:
For millennia, Asdrubael Vect has ruled the dark city of Commorragh, crushing any who dare to cross him. His reach is long and his position unassailable... or so he thinks. Yllithian, an ambitious archon with the desire to unseat the tyrant, joins forces with a twisted haemonculus in an attempt to revive a long-dead warrior and challenge the might of the overlord, both racing to achieve their goal before Vect discovers their treachery. But a cataclysm is coming, and Yllithian’s actions may in fact be the cause...

Seeing as BL books often tie in with army releases, what's the odds on a small wave next March with this book?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 08:14

Sky Serpent wrote:
Really? Granted, the jaw area looks a little too narrow and Necron-esque for my tastes, but the helmet looks very much like the helmets shown in the Dark Eldar Codex. Granted, it looks a little small relative to the minis, but that scale doesn't work well life-size. I like it.

The Black Library wrote:
For millennia, Asdrubael Vect has ruled the dark city of Commorragh, crushing any who dare to cross him. His reach is long and his position unassailable... or so he thinks. Yllithian, an ambitious archon with the desire to unseat the tyrant, joins forces with a twisted haemonculus in an attempt to revive a long-dead warrior and challenge the might of the overlord, both racing to achieve their goal before Vect discovers their treachery. But a cataclysm is coming, and Yllithian’s actions may in fact be the cause...
Wait, Yllithian? The Yllithian of the big three? The one that Vect had 'accidentally' vaporized by darklight during the Salamander assault on Commoragh? The Black Library has some explaining to do and fast.

Still the basic idea seems really solid, but I hope it takes place in tandem with a story about raids on realspace. The evil vs. evil Warhammer story-lines do tend to better hold onto the lethality and 'anyone can die' feel of 40K, but it really gets tiring to read if that treatment only applies to evil characters even if it is their story. I don't read 40K books for simplistic 'badworse people die and ultimately fail' morality tales. I want to see a 40K villain protagonist who's victory came from kicking ten kinds of crap out of the Imperium instead of other villains.
(Why yes, I did love Storm of Iron, how did you guess?)

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 14:21

I have high hopes for this book and I hope they don't get dashed.
Back to top Go down
Jack Russel
Slave
Jack Russel

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 15:43

Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH! wrote:
Sky Serpent wrote:
Really? Granted, the jaw area looks a little too narrow and Necron-esque for my tastes, but the helmet looks very much like the helmets shown in the Dark Eldar Codex. Granted, it looks a little small relative to the minis, but that scale doesn't work well life-size. I like it.

The Black Library wrote:
Wait, Yllithian? The Yllithian of the big three? The one that Vect had 'accidentally' vaporized by darklight during the Salamander assault on Commoragh? The Black Library has some explaining to do and fast.

Still the basic idea seems really solid, but I hope it takes place in tandem with a story about raids on realspace. The evil vs. evil Warhammer story-lines do tend to better hold onto the lethality and 'anyone can die' feel of 40K, but it really gets tiring to read if that treatment only applies to evil characters even if it is their story. I don't read 40K books for simplistic 'badworse people die and ultimately fail' morality tales. I want to see a 40K villain protagonist who's victory came from kicking ten kinds of crap out of the Imperium instead of other villains.
(Why yes, I did love Storm of Iron, how did you guess?)

How can you reveiw it before you have even read it ?
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18 2011, 18:17

Jack Russel wrote:
How can you review it before you have even read it?
That was only musing on what the synopsis implies. Not a review.

Kabalite Warrior
Jehoel

PostSubject: Dark Eldar novel in 2012   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2011, 18:47

I for one am very exited by this novel!!

Hopefully it will provide a insight on a race that hasn't been shown a lot of love. ("Brothers of the Snake", I'm looking at you! Evil or Very Mad )

'bout time black library explore other races than the armies of the Emperor and the occational chaos novell.

The readiness is all: since no man has aught of what he leaves, what is't to leave betimes?

- Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

Kabal of Eternal Torment/Cult of Last Caress/Coven of Wasted Tears
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 21:48

Quote :
Hopefully it will provide a insight on a race that hasn't been shown a lot of love. ("Brothers of the Snake", I'm looking at you! )
I know your pain.

Picture is awesome(his hed is ok...its just funny angle), I want form PoR to be tale about someone like Malus Darkblade but without
Quote :
'badworse people die and ultimately fail' morality tales.
as Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH! said...let him be true DE not evil guy who kills worse guys ect. Oh and I wanna him to be inteligent and cunning...hate when you can feel that "fate" saved protagonist butt all over and over. Ufff...till march.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 23:14

Sky Serpent wrote:

Seeing as BL books often tie in with army releases, what's the odds on a small wave next March with this book?
Hopefully with new unit types in the WD. I'd get 3d6 pain tokens just from the collective SW and Tyranid player head explosion... Smile
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06 2011, 07:53

Sky Serpent wrote:
You can now see the cover for the forthcoming DE book at the Black Library website.

?

Not too impressed either, just looks like a 3D image of a Raider passenger model to me. Also, if they are going to bring back a long-dead warrior, wouldn't he look a bit more interesting than random-Kabalite dude?

Sky Serpent wrote:
Also it is confirmed that it will feature Vect.

This is often what happens, but I wonder what they could still have to release 6-8 months from now? Would they wait that long to release Vect himself?

I'm actually quite interested in the long-dead warrior too, he must be someone special to even get mentioned, and chosen over fresher meat?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2011, 07:57

Small snippet from the inside cover of Path of the Seer - Path of the Renegade will be the "first instalment in the Dark Eldar series." Woot!

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Cam300
Slave
Cam300

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2011, 14:56

Heres my two pence;

Blood Gorgon's: otherwise a great book, but I was reduced to a frothing rage by the outright impotent portrayal of the DE in this book. At one point a CSM racks up a kill count of fifteen plus Kabalite Warriors and six (yes SIX) Incubi in the space of about five pages, apparently armed with only a bolter and an angry disposition... Needless to say that was book ruined pretty much.

Fire Drake: The DE manage to put in a better performance in this book, coming across as genuinely devious and lethal in the first few engagements, and it is later explained in our 'Dex that they were allowed to enter the Dark City as part of one of Vect's machinations, so all in all not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2011, 21:57

I might check out Fire Drake then.
We should have some sort of General DE review for BL books thread though.

Back to top Go down
Cam300
Slave
Cam300

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2011, 22:04

Yeah, like I said they are both worth a read, but Fire Drake more so. I'd recommend the first one too. I just got the new Andy Chambers one, I've got high hopes! However, I just started re-reading Ravenor so it will be a little while before I get a look at it...

I for one would have a few reviews to write if there was a dedicated thread/subsection. Although, it would be a fairly short list if it was only DE-centric fiction though, which is unfortunate! I think there might even be more 40k literature with Necron's making an appearance now! Shocking really.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 04 2012, 22:30

If you go to your local GW they have a new edition of the book that previews the BL novels coming out from Jan to April and there is a small excerpt from Path of the Renegade.

It's only three pages but it has really whet my appetite for the book.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16 2012, 22:45

Path Of The Renegade will be available at the Black Library stand at the 40k Throne of Skulls on January 29th...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)   BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BL: Path Of The Renegade (preorders now shipped)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next