THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snakeman
Slave

1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill? Empty
PostSubject: 1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill?   1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 08:36

My fellow Archons,

I have a league coming up for 1850 points where there will be a wide variety of opposition and I will need to take a single TAC list for the whole thing.

I could really do with some thoughts, especially on two questions: 

1.   is 3 ravegers overkill?
2.   2 units of 9 bikes vs 3 units of 6?

One of the best players I will be up against plays CSM and loves to take lots of fearless marines as troops (noise marines, Zerkers etc.) so that is one known problem I have to deal with.

I'll bring back a slave for whoever makes the best suggestion Razz

Dark Eldar 6th Ed (2010) (Primary Detachment) Selections:

HQ (110pts)

Archon (110pts)
Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain
Agoniser (), Kabalite Armor, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field (), Splinter Pistol

Elites (205pts)
4 Grotesques
Raider ()
Disintegrator, Enhanced Aethersails

Troops (450pts)
10 Kabalite Warriors (180pts)
Splinter Cannon, sybarite
Raider ()
Disintegrator, Nightshield

5 Kabalite Warriors (135pts)
Blaster
Venom ()
Flickerfield, Nightshield Splinter Cannon

5 Kabalite Warriors (135pts)
Blaster
Venom ()
Flickerfield, Nightshield Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack (406pts)

9 Reaver Jetbikes (198)
Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Skilled Riders

9x Jetbikes (198pts)

Heavy Support

Ravager (115)
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshield

Ravager (115)
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshield )

Ravager (115)
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Nightshield

HQ 
Farseer (115)
Singing spear
Eldar Jetbike 

Troops (210pts)

Dire Avengers 
5x Dire Avenger 
Wave Serpent 
Holo-fields (*), Serpent Field, Shuriken cannon Twin-linked brightlances

I had to edit this, it made me sad.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t1132-posting-lists-from-army-builder-and-simular-programs

^^^
This link, read it, learn it, love it.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill?   1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 15:35

Snakeman wrote:
1.   is 3 ravegers overkill?
2.   2 units of 9 bikes vs 3 units of 6?
1. No.
2. Depends on the purpose of the bikes - I tend to suggest 3 of 6 though, personally for overall functionality. That said, with you running the Farseer, the bigger one might serve better as ablative wounds.

Snakeman wrote:
Troops (450pts)
10 Kabalite Warriors (180pts)
Splinter Cannon, sybarite
Raider ()
Disintegrator, Nightshield
What's the purpose of the Sybarite in this build?

Snakeman wrote:
HQ 
Farseer (115)
Singing spear
Eldar Jetbike 
What synergy are you going for here? In other words - describe what you're going to have him do.
I kind of feel like you just read that Eldar Farseers are good (they are) ad are a good DE ally (they are) and then just tossed himinto this list based on that alone. So I'm curious if I'm missing something.

Snakeman wrote:
I had to edit this, it made me sad.

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t1132-posting-lists-from-army-builder-and-simular-programs

^^^
This link, read it, learn it, love it.
Also that was me.
You still even have some generic stuff in there that should be edited out - the rules are pretty simple, a lot of that is just for readability issues but, seriously, I don't even know any forum that doesn't have a rule about the point thing - GW has flat out come out with a vengence on sites that did that. As in, threatening letters from lawyers and the whole shebang. Please don't do it, it's a pretty simple rule and is quite important.

Back to top Go down
Snakeman
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill?   1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 16:58

Thor, please accept my apologies for not editing thoroughly enough and thank you for doing so on my behalf.

Wrt to the plan and use of the Farseer :

Early game the Farseer will twin link 2 Ravagers while moving with the reavers somewhere threatening - the bikes have great intimidation value. Target priority is long range anti tank first, then pop transports to get the infantry vulnerable to blade vaneing and splinter cannons. The bikes are all vanilla and their job is to crisscross the battlefield killing infantry. The Farseer adds hopefully 2 things: reliability to the Ravagers, and potentially extra utility or resilience to the bikes or other units(depends on spell rolled).

You will notice that most of the army is set up to stay long range - night shields - with the exception of the archon and Grots who are a 'finisher' unit. Hence the plan is to remove the mobility from one flank of the enemy army, then switch sides and concentrate everything on the other flank (out of range of support from the original targets). Then rinse and repeat until everyone is dead. So it's all about using movement and superior range to apply force in an asymmetrical way.

Tbqh I am not sure about the wave serpent in all of this. It is highly resilient which is very useful and if I am going second it can provide extra cover for more important vehicles like Ravagers. The dire avengers are just a Farseer tax that can hold a backfield or midfield objective while the rest of the army does the killing.

I hope that makes more sense than the original?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill?   1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 TAC league - is 3 Ravagers overkill?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: