THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Noise
Slave
Noise

Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?   Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 00:18

Hey all, I was just curious to find out if there have ever been incidents of Dark Eldar choosing to live outside of Commorragh. Reason I want to know is I have some random fluff ideas for an army that won't make sense otherwise. Thanks for the help! Smile
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?   Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 00:35

Well, Duke Sliscus left Commorragh when he hijacked a bunch of ships; he's been living as a pirate king ever since.

I suppose it's not impossible, but leaving the Webway makes one vulnerable to She Who Thirsts' soul-sucking, which means more raids to get more soul-stuff to keep her at bay.

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
Noise
Slave
Noise

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?   Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 00:54

Thanks for the speedy reply! I will share the little bit of fluff I've come up with then to see what people think. Mind you, I haven't put a whole lot of thought into this yet. And I know nearly nothing about Dark Eldar, except what people have told me... Razz

So the basic idea is that a group of Dark Eldar on a raid are infected with one of Nurgle's diseases. These Dark Eldar, knowing they would be destroyed on returning to Commorragh, decide to just not go back. I've been told that Dark Eldar are really into drugs, combat and recreational. If this is accurate then they devise a drug, made from the processed immune systems of countless sentient beings, that stops the advances of the disease for a short time. When not on raids to gather more bodies for their drug and to appease slaanesh, they dwell on a planet of ice and snow, far enough from any sun that it is a constant night. Just how thet like it.

I don't know if any of this is too far fetched. I hope not! Razz
Any suggestions to make it more plausible? I just like the idea because it offers a lot of different modeling options and is rather unique. I'm new to Warhammer 40k and modelling in general, so I would like to do something interesting. What do you think of the idea? Thanks for the help! Smile

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?   Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 03:05

Your idea sounds interesting, unfortunately I'm not that big of a lore buff, however in the short story 'Mistress Baeda's Gift' in the 'Fear the Alien' book, it mentions other cities in the Webway besides Commorragh.
Commorragh is just the main one.
Back to top Go down
Nomic
Wych
Nomic

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?   Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 20:30

Those cities and subrealms are technically a part of Commorragh tho, as they're all interconnected and their rulers bow down to Vect (well, some try to renounce him every now and then, but are usually brought back in line by Vect's military might or Tatical Genious). The only webway city that remained truly independent was Shaa-dom (which has also appearred in the pe-5th ed codex fluff as shaadom and shaddom. For some reason nobody seems to know how you spell the place's name), which was evntually destroyed when it's emperor tries to overthrow Vect. There are Dark Eldar living outside Commorragh tho, as several Kabals are entirely fleet-based (the Severed is an example of such a Kabal given in the codex).

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?   Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar living outside of Commorragh?
Page 1 of 1