THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Vehicle ideas. CC please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Vehicle ideas. CC please Empty
PostSubject: Vehicle ideas. CC please   Vehicle ideas. CC please I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 06:35

So I will slowly start painting my army and posting them here, I use a Badger Patriot to paint and I am really excited to start painting DE, Currently I have 2 ravagers Haemon and Archon and DE will be my project for the year and much longer hopefully. So i have some ideas.

The army will be painted a nice matte black with *green* highlights, I am not sure yet if i want to build the armor up to the highlights or just do the edging TBD. (ill mess around on some hormagaunts that i have) However the vehicles i want to paint poison on them (the iconic dripping green poison, which for the life of me i cannot find a picture of) here is my conundrum and I need help from you guys...

1. Should the poison be starting from the front and dripping to the back

2. Should the poison be on the bottom as iff it was dipped and dripping up and back

3. Or should the poison start at the back and dip from the front.

Since you all have much more experience with DE than I do i was wondering if you have any pictures of similar stuff or whatever. Discuss!!

*I'm also not 100% on the green i keep seeing blue and it looks great. The blue looks a lot like midnight which is awesome, although i could do it blue and have the green poison anyway the colors would work very well together and it would give the model high contrast as opposed to too much green and whatnot.

Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle ideas. CC please   Vehicle ideas. CC please I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 20:13

You'll find a mantra repeated over and over here.
"With DE, there is no such thing as too much contrast"
Do the thing

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle ideas. CC please   Vehicle ideas. CC please I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 20:27

I would tend to go towards option 1 or 2 for the poison drop. 3 doesn't sound like it would look good. I, personally, tend to favor 1.

I don't think contrast is an issue with DE, one of my favorite of the new style paint jobs was one done with a vibrant orange, and it looked amazing.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle ideas. CC please   Vehicle ideas. CC please I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 20:52

I'm gonna do some mock ups on cardboard within the next week or so. I'll post em here

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle ideas. CC please   Vehicle ideas. CC please I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 01:06

I think that I will be doing Kabal of the poisoned tongue. Its Green and blue which matches what I was devising in my mind. Plus I am a snake guy and the whole green poison thing really works into it. So here goes nothing!!! Ill start a log once I start painting, still have some technique and such that I want to work out so stay tuned.

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle ideas. CC please   Vehicle ideas. CC please I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09 2014, 01:15

Gonna go for this look

Vehicle ideas. CC please Overview_01

Minus the red, plus the green.

PostSubject: Re: Vehicle ideas. CC please   Vehicle ideas. CC please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vehicle ideas. CC please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: