THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
the_red_Dane
Slave

Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. Empty
PostSubject: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 11:37

Last week, I was playing against my friend, who has a Daemon force. It was going pretty great, shooting, moving, shooting and moving, keeping away from his Skarbrand and other nasties.

We were playing with two objectives, one in each deployment zone, mine was kept safe by five kabalites with a Dark Lance... long story short, every single Kabalite except for the Dark Lance had died, the objective he was keeping safe? A Skyfire Nexus. Great, he had no flying.

Long story short, my Razorwing comes in, fails to hit anything, my friend uses his Keeper of Secrets to puppetmaster my Dark Lance, using the skyfire Nexus to down my own Razorwing, then kill a few other models as well.

By the end, this one single Dark Lance had killed in total 213 points... and they were all my own. He had managed to wound Skarbrand, but not kill.

Finally, after the fight was over, I gave the model to him, declaring that he had clearly betrayed me for Slaanesh. xD
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 21:37

That's a cool story; I don't care if I lose a game with something so interesting and 'narrative' is the cause.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 22:01

Unless you lose it to filthy Slaanesh!

Back to top Go down
the_red_Dane
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07 2014, 22:18

Well, I've learned my lesson, stay away from Skarbrand... and kill the Keeper first. Always kill the keeper first.

It was however, amazingly hilarious during the game, the whole FLGS was having a roar at it. xD

... and of course, today while I set and painted, one guy walks over. Sits across for me and starts to question me about why I would ever, ever give a model I own away... to someone who does not play that army. He was utterly incapable of understanding my reasoning behind such an act.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 10:51

Well done for not rage-quitting, and I hope Karma gives you your next game! Giving away a model is very cool, and your name will enter legend in your gaming club!

As for getting spanked by a Slaanesh force, well...to be fair...Phil Kelly did kinda hint that we ought to be steering clear of him/her/it in the first few pages of the codex; there is a bit of previous...!
Back to top Go down
the_red_Dane
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 13:24

It's a weird force he's fielding...

Plague bearers, plague drones, seekers, Daemonettes, A Soul grinder, a Keeper of Secrets and Skarbrand as leader.
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08 2014, 18:55

commandersasha wrote:

As for getting spanked by a Slaanesh force, well...to be fair...Phil Kelly did kinda hint that we ought to be steering clear of him/her/it in the first few pages of the codex; there is a bit of previous...!

That's why I'm expecting our next codex to give us Ancient Doom or something equivalent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.   Oh, how I hate Slaanesh. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, how I hate Slaanesh.
Page 1 of 1