THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How to get the most out of wyches

Go down 
+9
Thor665
Vasara
Azdrubael
Silverglade
Crazy_Ivan
ligolski
commandersasha
Cavash
Grub
13 posters

Best Wych squad line up?
5 men with haywires in Venom?
How to get the most out of wyches Voteba1350%How to get the most out of wyches Voteba15
 50% [ 22 ]
10 man with hekatrix, agoniser PGL and HWs in raider
How to get the most out of wyches Voteba132%How to get the most out of wyches Voteba15
 2% [ 1 ]
10 man with HW in Raider
How to get the most out of wyches Voteba135%How to get the most out of wyches Voteba15
 5% [ 2 ]
9 men with a Haemocules in a raider
How to get the most out of wyches Voteba132%How to get the most out of wyches Voteba15
 2% [ 1 ]
10 men with all wargear options
How to get the most out of wyches Voteba130%How to get the most out of wyches Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
6-8 Wyches in a raider with HW, Hekatrix, Venom blade
How to get the most out of wyches Voteba1327%How to get the most out of wyches Voteba15
 27% [ 12 ]
other?
How to get the most out of wyches Voteba1314%How to get the most out of wyches Voteba15
 14% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 44

AuthorMessage
Grub
Wych
Grub

How to get the most out of wyches Empty
PostSubject: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 13:09

How do people think that wyches are best used? 5 man haywire unit for tank hunting? 10 man with hekatrix, agoniser and PGL for a bit of CC potential? Smaller squads in raiders?

What is the most effective way of using them? How do you like to use them? What is the most point for point effectiveness?

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 14:17

Use Warriors. Wink

If I do use Wyches I tend to go for a Haemonculus with V.B and Liquifier and a Hekatrix with a Venom Blade, just to get a bit more killing power in.

I've not used them as an anti-tank suicide squad before.

How to get the most out of wyches YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 14:21

Other: Mini-maxed: 5 in a Venom with HWG AND VB Hek.
I find that Wyches work best as MSU, and if I have 2-3 squads like this in a 1500, they can keep popping up and solving problems.
The Venoms do the shooting whilst the girls hide in the early game, then they start spreading out and going for objectives mid-late.
They can hide behind scenery that 5 fat Marines would poke out from; they can tarpit weakened enemy units, they can finish off vehicles.

I don't deploy them in their vehicles, and will only bring the Venoms back to the wyches if there is nothing left to shoot.

I love sexy women with big swords. That's why I got into this army. I would rather play a Wych-heavy force that looks awesome, than an optimised list that might leave them at home.

MSU Swiss Army Knife squads works best for me!
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 15:03

5 wyches with HWG in raider...I like my venoms to stay are range with warriors in them...no need to get so close! Raiders are just boats to me that happen to have a gun...run them in there pop out and blow something up.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 15:34

5-7 in a raider with haywire grenades, plus aethersails in case you need the extra movement. Boost right up into their face turn 1  Twisted Evil 
I normally run 2 squads so I have some redundancy, works really well if you have a boat of grots as well really makes your opponent think about what to shoot at.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 16:09

I like using 10 in a raider with HWG.

The nice part is that you can then spread out to pop 2 tanks rather than 1. The loss of the extra attack on the charge for multiple units is irrelevant when you're each only using 1 HWG anyway.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 18:23

Where is the option 5 wyches x haywire x hekatrix with venom blade in a venom?
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 18:34

First 5 choises are all wrong because most wyches are women Very Happy I mostly use suicide venoms but raiders would be better for them.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 18:49

I voted for the first one and the last two.

My wych build of choice is actually - 7 wyches, Liqui-Haem, in raider, w. power lance and HWGs.
I find it a highly multi functional unit without being so expensive as to be prohibitive.

Back to top Go down
Grub
Wych
Grub

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 21:23

Azdrubael wrote:
Where is the option 5 wyches x haywire x hekatrix with venom blade in a venom?
I forgot Razz

A very slow, 30K Salamander Distraction Log: VULKAN LIVES
Back to top Go down
Lahcimus
Hellion
Lahcimus

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 22:20

I usually go with 9 wyches, heka with ago HWGs, and Succubus with ago and V.B.
It's because my opponents usually play those f****** marines, plus one of them play only with plague marines...
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 22:42

Tried a whole lot of variations in the past few months and honestly... five with haywire grenades in a venom are the best.

First of all, you get a venom, secondly, for 60 points, provided they don't get blown out of there transport, you can delete any vehicle in the game. Landraider *poof* Monolith *poof*. Sure, the odds are even better with more wyches, but the odds they'll be alive after destroying 200+ points of your opponents list in one assault is a good deterrent not to inflate the party.

I had a group of five wyches tarpit an imperial knight for two turns, was funny. Come to think of it, when superheavies become a bigger thing, I'll be able to justify bringing ten.

Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 23:00

I think the way to get the Wyches to do good work is tyo blob them and outflank them.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 22 2014, 02:00

The second to last (6-8 with Hek and VB) if their are points add a shard-net.

The extra numbers make makes them versatile enough to tar pit and I've beginning to have some rotten luck with just 5 wyche squad against vehicles as i'm seeing people remembering to over-watch from their transported troops and and vehicle upgrades allowing the vehicle itself to over-watch.

Additionally, local meta is still experimenting with imperial knights and the 5 wyche squad just is not doing it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to get the most out of wyches   How to get the most out of wyches I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to get the most out of wyches
Page 1 of 1