THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Couple of questions regarding corsairs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Couple of questions regarding corsairs Empty
PostSubject: Couple of questions regarding corsairs   Couple of questions regarding corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 14:49

So I'm starting a corsair allies force, already have 3 hornets.
I intend to use the dark elf corsairs as the models for my corsair squads with kabalite heads
And a corsair fleet master for my prince.

Have been reading the doom of mymeara book, I know can take one hornet squadron as my fast attack choice. Can I take another squadron in the elite slot? As hornets are a fast attack choice for Eldar and I can take an eldar fast attack in an corsair elite slot.

Do we use the updated points costs for the war walker and falcon weapon upgrades etc. that are in the new eldar codex or the points costs from the doom of mymeara book? I assume it's the later and we will need to wait for a forge world update to bring them in-line.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions regarding corsairs   Couple of questions regarding corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 15:58

Glad to see you jumping on the Corsair Crazy Train! Play them myself a bit and might be able to help.

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
So I'm starting a corsair allies force, already have 3 hornets.
I intend to use the dark elf corsairs as the models for my corsair squads with kabalite heads
And a corsair fleet master for my prince.
Nice Twisted Evil 

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Have been reading the doom of mymeara book, I know can take one hornet squadron as my fast attack choice. Can I take another squadron in the elite slot? As hornets are a fast attack choice for Eldar and I can take an eldar fast attack in an corsair elite slot.
You could, assuming that you are using the other two FA slots for your Corsairs for something else? (Nightwings/Night Spinners I assume?)

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Do we use the updated points costs for the war walker and falcon weapon upgrades etc. that are in the new eldar codex or the points costs from the doom of mymeara book? I assume it's the later and we will need to wait for a forge world update to bring them in-line.
As I understand it you would pay the points listed in the Corsair list. After checking the book this morning it appears that you will benefit from the updated rules for Scatter Lasers and Shuriken Cannons as their rules and profiles are not listed in the FW book. I haven't played my Corsairs since the new Eldar book came out, but would be a little on the stoked side to have these rules updated Mad 

Hope this helps.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions regarding corsairs   Couple of questions regarding corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 16:44

Cheers that helps a lot Smile.

I wanted two squadrons of two hornets outflanking so if a i can take them in elite I'm laughing when I take corsairs as allies.
Will be building a full corsair army in time so will definitely be taking nightwings/night spinners when I have some money!  Smile 

Just picked up 30 dark elf corsairs on eBay for 30 quid that includes the command units so looks like I will be able to build the prince a retinue squad using those as well.  Smile 

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions regarding corsairs   Couple of questions regarding corsairs I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20 2014, 17:11

Make a project log here when you get them started! I'm going to get back to mine this summer once I hit the 4,000pt mark with my World Eaters.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions regarding corsairs   Couple of questions regarding corsairs I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 08:23

Good luck Ivan! I can't wait for them to update the list, got a lot of Falcons waiting...

p.s. I like your thinking on adding 2 squads of Hornets to DE armies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of questions regarding corsairs   Couple of questions regarding corsairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple of questions regarding corsairs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: