THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Lackluster's Project Log

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lacklusterdrachon
Slave
lacklusterdrachon

Lackluster's Project Log Empty
PostSubject: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 07:33

Hi guys. This is my first post on the forum and I wanted to go ahead and start a project log for my budding force. The concept behind the army is a force that is comprised of a banished Dark Eldar Kabal and a Craftworld that was on the verge of collapse after several tragic events. The two desperate and bedraggled forces have merged together for the sake of survival, and in doing so have formed a fairly efficient and lethally effective Corsair force.

My goal with the army is to put together a flavorful and fun to play army, and paint them to at least tabletop quality.

Here are a few pics of my first Venom (about 85% complete):
Lackluster's Project Log Fb_img12
Lackluster's Project Log Fb_img13
Lackluster's Project Log Fb_img14

... and here it is alongside my first first Razorwing Jetfighter(about 95% complete):
Lackluster's Project Log 15081010

Comments and critiques welcome. I do know that it's not the cleanest and crisp paint job ever, but I'm not exactly going for that anyway. Just want it to look decent on the tabletop and not take me forever to get it done.

[EDIT] (also totally realized I didn't post this in Project Logs... fail)

That's what mods are for! -ESE
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 14:25

Off to a great start. They almost have a CWE feel with the stripes, but the sinister nature of the DE models still shows through. Can't wait for more!
Back to top Go down
lacklusterdrachon
Slave
lacklusterdrachon

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 15:52

I'm glad to hear you say that about the stripes making them appear to be CWE, because that's actually exactly what I was going for. I picked a color palette that fit the DE, but tried to apply it in a way that would remind people of CWE to show that the two forces were truly blurring the lines and becoming one unified culture.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21 2014, 16:24

lacklusterdrachon wrote:
I'm glad to hear you say that about the stripes making them appear to be CWE, because that's actually exactly what I was going for. I picked a color palette that fit the DE, but tried to apply it in a way that would remind people of CWE to show that the two forces were truly blurring the lines and becoming one unified culture.
Mission accomplished cheers 
Back to top Go down
lacklusterdrachon
Slave
lacklusterdrachon

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 20:51

So, for a fairly hefty commission job for a friend (He's having me paint and assemble about 120 Craftworld Eldar models for him) he's given me his entire Dark Eldar army.

In total, (no old models btw) I have been given-

5 Raiders
3 Venoms
3 Ravagers
1 Razorwing Jetfighter
3 Reaver Jetbikes
40+ Kabalite Warriors
30 Wyches
15 Incubi
2 Archons
1 Lelith Hesperax

Pictures to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 22:06

What the What.

What did I just read
Back to top Go down
lacklusterdrachon
Slave
lacklusterdrachon

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitimeWed May 21 2014, 23:28

Oh yeah, got a lot of stuff.

Lackluster's Project Log 20140513

This is just the stuff that was assembled, I have more still in boxes unassembled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster's Project Log   Lackluster's Project Log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lackluster's Project Log
Page 1 of 1