THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines

Go down 
+3
Count Adhemar
Squidmaster
Dragontree
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines Empty
PostSubject: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 11:35

So as well as slowly going through my dark eldar I have a Night lords force in the works which is about 50% done.

Its designed to conform to my local tournaments rules which rewards not duplicating units outside of troops with fairly heavy soft scores.

Anyways I have settled on a 9 strong bike squad with a chaos lord on bike, I'm using regular CSM bikes with warp talon wing gubbins to spice them up but I'm stumped for my lord.

Can anyone recommend a cool bike or mount that would be a counts as bike that would fit either a chaos or night lords theme suitably?

I've had a whiff at thunderwolf alternative thinking I could justify it if there was an example of night lords and space wolves fighting but no such luck in the fluff!

Any help would be greatly appreciated Smile
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 13:19

Large bats?
Ok that implies flight, but as counts as Bikes might look quite nice.

Otherwise there's always converting the Bikes into different styles - Choppers, Sports bikes, maybe Jetbikes?

Or, if you're an amazing modeller and can figure out a way to make it happen, how about modelling the riders inside/coming out of/partially part of a large black shadow drifting over the battlefield (I'm thinking along the lines of the Necromancer at the beginning of the second Hobbit film....)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 13:47

Yeah I did think of bats but couldn't find any base models that looked workable and I was slightly put off by the flight aspect.

I've had a look at bikes as I could find them, not a fan of jetbikes for marines, reavers are how they should look god damn it! Have a loathing of choppers also....

I have been looking for an Akira styled bike to chaos-ify but all the ones ive found are 28mm truescale looking..

NOW that is an idea... how to do on the other hand with base sizes correct too boot... Hmmm definitely something I will look at, though amazing modeller I am not by even the slightest margin.... Yourself on the other hand oh master of squids...

Thanks for the ideas, If you see any link to feel free to bombard me Smile

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 14:16

If you're completely minted you could always go for some of these:

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Winged-Nazg%C3%BBl

Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 14:33

Oh how I wish I was minted....

But that would be fantastic in night lords colours I feel... I may have a hunt for dragons crawling in the ground now....

I think I have been thinking too small

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 15:54

What about using some fantasy cavalry? The Chaos Knights set would give you some cool bits for conversion, and you could paint up the horses to look more daemonic, toss in some 40k bits, and suddenly it's Night Lords riding hell mounts around to sow terror.

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 16:07

I've already picked up dirt cheap bikes for the squad (currently soaking in acetone free nail varnish remover for stripping) its mainly the lord that I'm thinking off.

In order to facilitate this decision I've mocked up a second list where he is on a steed of slannesh (I know night lords aren't really all about worship but I want the list to be slightly competitive) so fantasy cavalry and hero mounts are currently looking the best way to go.

If I had the money however Thor I think night lords on hell mounts would look incredible.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

My current favourite is a vampire counts terrorghiest (same kit as zombie dragon),,, the ghoul rider also look like he'd make a good hameonculus ancient with conversion

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ghoul-King-on-Terrorgheist

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 20:14

Bike conversion done with DE bits:Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines 20130122_194604

But MORE IMPORTANTLY, THIS BEAUTY;
Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines Shark11

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 20:24

Excellent conversion but not keen on jetbikes for space marines sadly, the dark eldar prow would look great on a regular bike though I think... hmmmm.

Space shark is fantastic!! If I give it bat wings....

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28 2014, 22:43

Laughingcarp wrote:
Bike conversion done with DE bits:Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines 20130122_194604

But MORE IMPORTANTLY, THIS BEAUTY;

Marines riding flying sharks into battle..... Magestic as heck!

Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines Xp62s7

I want marines riding those. Fire Breathing Unicorns
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 12:08

Laughingcarp wrote:

THIS ONE!

DO THIS ONE!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 20:45

Space Shark Jetbike..... I've decided it needs an Aqua Man chapter master
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 21:08

@Dragontree; the first pic I showed (the serious one) was meant to be the inspiration of the two. Modeling a CSM bike with DE bits is easy as pie, the spikes fit both cultures, and looks as groovy as Sean Connery doing an Elvis impersonation at a Disco party.
Chain snares and the blades from the bottom of raiders/venoms fit very nicely onto the struts on the front of the bike, on the sides, and on the back shelf. As you've seen, the shock prow fits as well.

I'm going to throw out some ideas I've liked for Chaos mounts, maybe something will stick with you;
Goblin Spider
Dark Elves Cold One
Forest Elves Warhawk Rider
Empire Master Engineer/Mechanical Steed
Ogre Mournfang Cavalry

Or a Warjacks Cryx Cankerworm http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cryx/warjacks/cankerworm
just strip the top exhaust thing and toss on a saddle.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 22:59

Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines Wow_in_progress

This is all I see.

Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 23:30

Laughingcarp wrote:

Or a Warjacks Cryx Cankerworm http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cryx/warjacks/cankerworm
just strip the top exhaust thing and toss on a saddle.

I had completely neglected the PP range in my services, this is a most excellent ide Mr Carp (or do you have a title? Like Dr Carp or Sergeant Carp?)

Thanks for the help Smile
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 23:46

Ive wanted to convert the goblin spider into a Talos.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:15

Its_Rumble wrote:
Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines Wow_in_progress

This is all I see.

I'll take ten
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:18

Best I can do is 3.50

Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:32

Mr. Carp will do fine, thankee. Or Ancient Carp, if you insist on formalities.
You're most welcome! I get the feeling you weren't too hot on that cankerworm; did you find anything in the PP line you're into?

Rumble, if I didn't already have 2 Taloi and a Cronos I'd currently be looking into that goblin spider-talos thing.

Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:44

yea I think it could work out really nicely. I'll be sure to make a thread with my WIP army as I do it, I have some fun ideas.

But back on the original topic, i personally am a huge fan of the 30k floating SM bikes try to find a way to make some of those, that raider/bike conversion is really great. A piranha might be a nice platform to work with?

A buddy of mine has converted his bikes into Quads, i believe you have the materials and you could really spruce it up with bits.

Sybarite
Its_Rumble

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:57

https://2img.net/h/i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss118/JaghataiKhan/White%20Scars/Project%20Log/quads1.jpg

that is something similar to what he had.

Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 09:38

@ Mr Carp (foervermore thee shall be known) I absolutely love the Cankerworm! Sorry if my enthusiasm didn't show Razz my only reservation is avoiding anything overtly demonic looking as though I am giving y night lords marks for competitiveness (and they have a heldrake...) traditionally they are none demon orientated so I don't have any daemonic units in my army really even my helbrute is an old CSM dreadnaught model cause they look more like the traitor marines I feel night lords really are.

Cankerworm is a definite maybe - also I have £36 spare atm as I overpaid my council tax so thats going on a model...

@ Rumble - whilst I can see how the jetbikes look cool, they really aren't my thing I think they look way to clunky to be floating! I am however going to deck out my wheeled squad in extra spikey dark eldar bits to make em look super nasty!

The lord is my real sticking point as I want him to be a centrepoint but equally not overally large, steeds seem to sit on a 60mm base so that still gives me plenty to work with

Keep the ideas coming guys Smile , I'm planning on ordering it this weekend then I'll get some wips up by weekend after hopefully!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 14:26

Dragontree, check THIS out!

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 14:32

THAT IS WHAT I WANT I WANT IT NOW WHY IS IT NOT HERE.

Damn that is good. Looks expensive just from the parts I can identify in it... either to have them lying around or order spec...

I may well have to get in contact with them though.

On another note I found a very cheap cankerworm on ebay so bought one to play with Very Happy

Good job Mr Carp!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitimeThu May 01 2014, 19:50

Nurgle Worm's what I heard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines   Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cool mount/bike models for chaos space marines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: