THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 pts vs Chaos

Go down 
+2
Its_Rumble
Kung Fu Hamster
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:56

I'm taking part in a campaign at my FLGS, and Team Eldar (4 Eldar players and myself) have been attacked by the tainted mon-keigh in the thrall of the Ruinous Powers. Due to the size of the forces involved, the games have been broken into smaller battles. I've taken it upon myself to deal with the smaller forces, as the Dark Eldar cab bring an inordinate amount of pain at smaller games.

I've come up with 2 separate lists, to keep the Chaos side on their Warp-deformed toes. One is primarily assaulty coven based, and the other is primarily shooty kabalite list.

Coven List:

HQ:
Haemey w/liquifier gun, venom blade

Troops:
Wracks x4, Venom w/splinter cannon

Heavy Support
Ravager w/Night shields, dark lance x3

Kabalite List:
HQ:
Archon w/venom blade, shadowfield,

Troops:
Kabalite Warriors x7, Raider w/Flickerfield, Splinter Racks
Kabalite Warriors x7, Raider w/Flickerfield, Splinter Racks

Heavy Support:
Ravager w/Night shields, dark lance x3

I'm not too sure if pure dark lances are the way to go, or if I should add in some dissies as well. I don't know how much armor I should expect at 500 points, as CSM is a rare sight at my store. The plan with the Night shields is to stay back as much as I can to avoid getting shot and relying on jink saves for protection, as dealing with anything that ignores cover seems like a long shot.

Suggestions

Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 03:06

I Dig the coven list the best. you have the dakka and the staying power. The most armor you will be seeing is probably from IG who can pack two Leman russ in under 500. Other than that I would expect MCs because they are powerful at that level.

Wych
Mr Believer

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 10:25

I would go with putting the Warriors in Venoms in your position. Maybe two squads of them, one squad of wracks and the Haemonculus. Simply because you get more shots and still get to bring a good objective holder with the Wracks.

At 500 points, I really wouldn't be surprised to see Chaos bringing a Heldrake just because they know so many lists will have a hard time dealing with it. They could have a practically bare bones lord, two units of cultists, a heldrake and a Vindicator, potentially. That's probably how I'd run them, just go for a couple of really destructive units and hope I don't have to claim objectives on the other side of the board. To each their own of course, you might see a unit of cult troops but they can get very pricey. Noise Marines are the ones to watch out for if they've been kitted out, they can put your entire army in lockdown if deployed properly. If they bring a Heldrake, just spread out to minimise the damage it can do and try to get to their deployment zone as fast as you can so it either has to hover or fly over you.

Monstrous creatures I wouldn't be so sure about, they can be amazing but they're expensive to bring at that level and Dark Eldar deal with them really well, even if they're flying.

I think either list would fare reasonably well against most armies, but I would put more anti tank in. A Warrior squad with a blaster is always useful. I think the Ravager should probably stay with triple lances too, if they bring a tank you want to know you'll be able to get the drop on it and put it out of commission.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 20:43

I like that coven list but I would have to say putting kabalites with blasters in venoms with two splinter cannons would be more efficient
Back to top Go down
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeSat May 03 2014, 15:44

I made a few quick adjustments to my coven list last night for the game. I dropped a Wrack from each group and swapped out the Ravager for a Razorwing. It was all in vain, however, when I realized he'd brought 2 Heldrakes to a 500 point game (his army was 2 Heldrakes, 2 groups of cultists, and a barebones sorcerer lord). I gave it my best, however, and managed to destroy a little over half his force before being tabled in turn 5.

There's still a few more smaller games to knock out, so I'll give the coven list another try as the T4 and FNP really helped out against everything but the Baledrakes.

Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeSat May 03 2014, 17:55

Haha I mean, what else could you ask for amiright? In the grimdark of the far future there is only grimdark.

Kabalite Warrior

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeSat May 03 2014, 22:43

Make sure to use your mobility to your advantage if the guy decides to bring a Hellturkey (They usually do  Sad ), you can stay out of his arc of fire.

On topic:
Coven list. 3 Venoms at 500 points will make people cry, and Wracks and Liquifiers are pure terror at that points level (FC with the haemy, rerolling to wound Very Happy )

Wych

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeSun May 04 2014, 20:52

Who takes 2 heldrakes at 500 points?! *shakes head*. Spam the venoms. Put down the cultists in turn 1 and make him auto-lose, that's what I say!

Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitimeTue May 06 2014, 00:00

Panic_Puppet wrote:
Who takes 2 heldrakes at 500 points?!

That guy.

Sponsored content

500 pts vs Chaos Empty
PostSubject: Re: 500 pts vs Chaos   500 pts vs Chaos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 pts vs Chaos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA