THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Beastmasters in formation?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Beastmasters in formation? Empty
PostSubject: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 13:30

Hey guys, I've read a part in our codex, that says, you can take up to five beastmasters as a single fast assault unit.
Sounds great to me, but do they have to stay in formation with each other, or just with their beasts?
I couldn't find any rule, that explains this to my satisfaction...
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 13:47

It's a one unit. So yeah it needs to stay together.

Or you could by it as three different units (2 BM + 2 BM + 1 BM)
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 14:07

They are bought as a unit. Any beasts added are of the same unit. So they have to stay within 2" of any model (master or beast) in that unit. beastmasters DO NOT have to be within 2" of other beastmasters unless they are all that is left.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 14:22

Zenotaph wrote:
Hey guys, I've read a part in our codex, that says, you can take up to five beastmasters as a single fast assault unit.

So all members of the unit are, erm...member of the unit.

Quote :
but do they have to stay in formation with each other, or just with their beasts?

With any member of the same unit.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 14:34

Yeah, I thought so. I just hoped, there could be a backdoor...
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 17:56

Skulnbonz wrote:
beastmasters DO NOT have to be within 2" of  other beastmasters unless they are all that is left.

When they are bought together? How so? If one takes only Beastmasters then they could separate to max 5 unit from beginning?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 09 2014, 20:59

no. Of course not. All models in a single unit have to stay within 2". It never even occurred to me that the OP was looking to buy them all as a group, then separate them on the field. I was under the impression he thought that if he bought 5 beastmasters and 25 khymerae, do the beastmasters have to stay within 2" of each other.

Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beastmasters in formation?   Beastmasters in formation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beastmasters in formation?
Page 1 of 1