THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldars Sigils

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arbaletos
Slave
Arbaletos

Dark Eldars Sigils Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldars Sigils   Dark Eldars Sigils I_icon_minitimeWed May 14 2014, 23:48

Greetings, Dark Brothers!
Our Codex is full of many interesting sigils on banners or sails. But, for most part of it (not counting icons of Kabals and Cults) is not declared anywhere! Actually, i havn't found even name for this Sigils. I mean Japaneese-style hieroglyph, drawed on three colors: red, black, white in different compositions. I found description only for one symbol in codex: it is Sigil of Discord.
Spoiler:
Archons! help me with this and tell anything u know about this Marks. I'm very enjoy them, but don't know meaning of it, and it is pity.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Dark Eldars Sigils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldars Sigils   Dark Eldars Sigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 08:45

As far as I know, these sigils doesn't have any rules or effect on the game at all - they are just there for the sake of fluff and aesthetics.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Arbaletos
Slave
Arbaletos

Dark Eldars Sigils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldars Sigils   Dark Eldars Sigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 12:41

Saintspirit wrote:
As far as I know, these sigils doesn't have any rules or effect on the game at all - they are just there for the sake of fluff and aesthetics.
Yea, I agree with you totally. But, if you drawing symbols on your sails and banners, i think you must know it's meaning. Or it will be stupid, Just like making a tatoo with random foreign word. And when anybody asks u "What means this tatoo?"u answer "I don't know, ha-ha, lol! Just word."
It's pity, that Phill Kelly added many icons to codex, but don't give even name for them.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Dark Eldars Sigils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldars Sigils   Dark Eldars Sigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 12:54

Like the Kanji for soup?  Very Happy

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Dark Eldars Sigils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldars Sigils   Dark Eldars Sigils I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 12:56

Moving this to DE Discussion as no rules issues involved - Count Adhemar

Sponsored content

Dark Eldars Sigils Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldars Sigils   Dark Eldars Sigils I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldars Sigils
Page 1 of 1