THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay Empty
PostSubject: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 15:54

The time has finally come for me to actually do what I said I would some time ago and post the details of the Live Action Roleplaying group that I have a hand in running and have been 'hired' to write for.

The official blurb and a link to the website itself is below, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me or put them in here. But in short No Rest is a non-profit, contact nerf and foam weapon LARP set in a homebrew sector of the 40K universe. We are located in the United Kingdom so most of our current player base is British - however if you wish to travel to our events from elsewhere we would love to have you. Our events have been primarily based in Scotland so far, however we are always looking for other sites elsewhere in the country, so if you're interested or know somewhere you think we might want to use, do get in touch.

No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay Header

No Rest for the Wicked is a full-contact LARP inspired by the Warhammer 40,000 setting with a focus on exploration, swashbuckling and intrigue. The game is focused around the ever changing world of the Rogue Trader Dynasties who are caught up in a quest for wealth and power on the edges of Imperial society.

Our players take on the roles of major figures in the dynamic world of the Ruhrort Sector, a partially explored area of Imperial space on the Eastern Fringes of the Galaxy. Characters can be anyone from an exceptional Imperial guardsman to a member of the sector nobility.

We run major events on a regular basis throughout the year as well as ad-hoc events throughout the year for smaller groups. For our next event, please see our calendar.

http://www.norestforthewicked.org.uk/
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri May 16 2014, 16:07

No Rest for the Wicked Events 2014

Some info on the event's going on this year for No Rest for the Wicked. Our first will likely be of most interest to the Dark City, and is the one I'm writing. A link to the booking pages - when they open - & available information , is below as well as a brief summary of each event. We are always looking for people interested in crewing our events, and if you'd like to try the game out before creating a character we would always recommend coming to crew for a game - it's how they got me.

26th September - 28th September: Fair Met By Midnight
Our 5th event, Fair Met By Midnight follows a once in a 'cycle' event that the Eldar of the Ruhrort sector hold. Rogue Traders, unknown Xenos and multiple varieties of the Eldar themselves are guaranteed to be present. Tales of these gatherings and the mysterious 'Saturnalia' who seem to arrange them are interwoven with the legends of the sector and all who leave have a story of their own to tell...

http://billetto.co.uk/fairmetbymidnight

28th November - 30th November: Xanadu
The 6th major event of No Rest for the Wicked, will feature exploration, mystery and survival on an unknown world deep within the Ruhrort Sector.

Booking not open yet.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04 2014, 18:11

Do you need kit? Cause Im good at finding odd stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04 2014, 19:33

Trying to bludgeon and coerce my finances into somehow making this trip up from sunny Chester Smile It sounds like amazing fun ...
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 10:55

Apologies for the delayed response, I blame being in a field near the German border with limited to no access to electricity and even less access to the internet, for a week.

In anycase to try and recreate the post I began previously in response to the above....

Tengu, to confirm are you querying whether we - the society of No Rest for the Wicked - are looking for kit that we could use, or are you asking whether you as a potential player or crewman would need to bring kit to the events?

To answer the first option, we - the society of No Rest for the Wicked - would be more than happy to accept any donations of kit that people are willing to give us. Likewise if people would prefer to lend us things for specific events or in a semi-permenant basis we're more than happy to do that too, though we'd rather you keep track of what you've lent to us etc, lest we end up in even more miles of paperwork.

As to the second, as a potential player we'd ask you to bring as much of your own character kit as possible, we may be able to lend you bits and pieces of the societies kit here and there at event, if we're not using it however we can't necessarily promise anything, and there's the slight chance we might need to nab it back mid event. As a potential crew member all you need to bring are vaguelly black or non-descript clothes that we can use as a basis for multiple costumes and that you're happy getting wet and or muddy in. However equally if you turn up to crew with a massive kit bag of stuff to use or lend to the society we'd be incredibly happy!

LadyMalys, not to over-egg the omlette... but in true understatement form I shall inform you that you are correct in your estimation of it being rather good fun. Finances-wise you don't need to worry about getting from Dundee station to the site - no idea whether there's even any kind of public transport options - as usually prior to the event everyone on the No Rest forums starts scrambling organising lifts from the station and there are usually at least 3 crew member cars on site - mine will definitely be there - so we make sure everyone's covered for lifts the last leg. Dunno if that helps at all... but it's sumat to be aware of. Other than that you might find that there are people in your area who are coming already and might have space in motor vehicles of one kind or another. I can't remember who off the top of my head, but the No Rest forums may have useful info there too.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06 2014, 18:00

And because I never did post these previously, some links to photos from previous events.

Events 1, 2 & 3: In For a Throne, In For a Titan & A Council of Angels
Event 4: Vox Populi
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 25 2014, 23:57

Just a reminder that there are now only 32 days until 'Fair Met by Midnight' the 5th Event of No Rest for the Wicked.

We're still taking bookings, but are approaching the point where we run out of tickets with accommodation, at which point all subsequent tickets are camping tickets, so if you're interested in coming book soon!

https://billetto.co.uk/fairmetbymidnight
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 29 2014, 20:45

And so the curtain sets. Ce chomch dearmadach na slabhrai bog agus ciuin codlata arsa falls quiet once more, not even the sound of lilting mocking laughter drifting on the wind. The webway gates are cold again, dark, the pulse of activity now passed and the respite of isolation their just reward. The orbitals are empty, the landers gone, just the black of scorched grass marking their passing. The pulse of the world is slow, it sleeps, the unheard breeze gentle, cool, not yet cold and the daylight fixed. The dancers, those that knew it and those that did not, have taken their leave and their stage is empty. The story has been told, and it has spread and spawned and a new story was born. The tale heard, the dance danced, the roles played, it was completed, succeeded. This time. And so the cycle begins anew....

Fair Met by Midnight has now been and gone and though I'll probably do a fuller write up at some point the important thing to say is that from it's original incarnation as an Exodite-centric event came something else entirely. And with it the Dark Kin went from being intended as running the side-lines (to ensure I didn't over-egg their awesomeness omelet) to being the prime adversaries and our Dark City saw the fearful tread of mon'keigh feet and the harsh crack of their pitiful weapons on two occasions and though most of them escaped with their lives, their souls and their minds will mark the occasion. And somewhere in his tower Lord Kraichious plots his revenge. His scheme foiled this time perhaps, but time is nothing to one such as him and those who consider themselves 'successful' will soon feel the terror and the fear of his coming once more as debts are paid and humanity weep at the Dark Kin's ire.

Just in time for their new codex too.
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Dark Deeds under Darker Skies - A Dark Eldar Event   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2016, 00:17

So last weekend was the latest 'No Rest for the Wicked' event and 'Dark Deeds under Darker Skies' was billed as our Dark Eldar event.

As anyone who remembers me from on here, I may have a 'slight' inclination for the Dark Eldar so as the now Lead Storyteller of No Rest I wanted to make sure we did it right. Using Console Scout Camp near Stoke-on-Trent - our most southerly event so far - we had a setting covered in bluebells, ravines and greenery which was the stage for our players heroic attempts to fight off the Dark Eldar attack on the Varyagan Heptarchy, achieve vengeance for the mass kidnapping of three billion souls from the planet of Krypte several years before, and hopefully finally end the existence of the Dark Eldar Lord Kraichious.

The event ended with two heroes of the Imperium dead, and three more captured. Stolen away into the webway, screaming from the pinions of Raider craft as they disappeared into jade portals. Rescue into the webway had saved another during the event itself, so perhaps they are not all lost yet....

As well as our usual collection of ne'er-do-wells, fantastic crew, props by Skian Mhor, catering by their associated team Mhorish, we were lucky enough to have two incredible photographers Tom Garnett (https://tgarnett.com/) & Oliver Facey as well as the truly astounding make up work of Raye Millingtron of Millintron SFX & Makeup, which meant that when I say we had Dark Eldar, we had Dark Eldar!

I'll update the links above so when more photos are available they're present as there are a lot, but for now I'll leave you with a couple:

Brothers in Pain
No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay Brothe11

Wyches Attack
No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay Wyches10

Kabalites on the Move
No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay 13220510

Exodite in the Trees
No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay 13268210

Agony Engine
No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay 13243610
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay   No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Rest for the Wicked - UK Based Warhammer 40K Live Action Roleplay
Page 1 of 1