THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New to beast packs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

New to beast packs Empty
PostSubject: New to beast packs   New to beast packs I_icon_minitimeMon May 19 2014, 17:54

Hey guys,

I know the 2+ rerollable cover save beast pack is very good (and cheesy). I however, don't ally regular eldar and only like using Dark eldar.

I have 10 khymerae (chaos warhounds as counts as) and 6 razorwings (GW models) as well as 5 beastmasters (using hellions as counts as)

If you gents could help me answer the following questions, that'd be amazing!

1.) Are all the counts as acceptable?

2.) Is the beast pack good without allying eldar? If so, is this a good setup: 8-10 khymerae, 6 razorwing flocks, 5 beast masters. (seems like I can hide the flocks behind everything, and at the very least get TONS of rending attacks in by assault time.

3.) Are beast packs fluffy with coven units?

4.) Are venoms raiders and ravagers fluffy with coven units? Someone told me due to Haemunculi being completely ego driven, they take whatever they need as archons need them to ressurrect them, and thus they can really take anything from the book as fluff.

5.) If taking the beast pack without eldar, is the baron still necessary?

Thanks in advance guys!
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

New to beast packs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to beast packs   New to beast packs I_icon_minitimeMon May 19 2014, 19:35

1. That depends on your local group. For tournaments again depends but often only official models at GW sanctioned events.

2. Yes they are still great although you will want baron IMO for assault grenades and hit and run plus its a cool conversion opportunity.
As for flocks again somewhat local meta dependent but any more than 4 RWF will start to run into problems. Theres a metric ton of s6+ weaponry abound in the game and barrage doesnt care where they are placed not to mention without fearless you risk losing combat by a lot a falling back if a flock gets ID'd. If you dont see much of either than yea flocks are still viable but not necessary. I prefer 0-2 although I will often running 3-4 depending where I need the extra points.

3. I believe they are but others will answer this better than I can.

4. see number 3.

5. Yes IMO. He brings higher LD, grenades and hit and run. The beasts are much worse without him. If you dont include baron I would go with smaller pack(s) due to higher tendancy to run away, get locked in combat and so forth. He makes them tick.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

New to beast packs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to beast packs   New to beast packs I_icon_minitimeMon May 19 2014, 19:41

1) You mean court of the archon? Than yes. It`s acceptable, but wyches will do better.
2) Beasts can use as a shield for other units (espesialy when its big and scary), so eldar is not nes. Try different ways to field them. Fiends are good too, ya know...
3) Everything fluffy with everything in our codex. Simple imagine that haemi create those beasts (u can convert everyone), or ally with wych cult or kabal.
4) Read above...
5) Baron will provide some tactical advance, wich is always good, but nut nes.
Back to top Go down
django_unchained
Kabalite Warrior

New to beast packs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to beast packs   New to beast packs I_icon_minitimeMon May 19 2014, 20:06

Devilogical wrote:
1) You mean court of the archon? Than yes. It`s acceptable, but wyches will do better.
2) Beasts can use as a shield for other units (espesialy when its big and scary), so eldar is not nes. Try different ways to field them. Fiends are good too, ya know...
3) Everything fluffy with everything in our codex. Simple imagine that haemi create those beasts (u can convert everyone), or ally with wych cult or kabal.
4) Read above...
5) Baron will provide some tactical advance, wich is always good, but nut nes.

not talking court of archon... I mean are chaos warhounds acceptable as khymerae, and are hellions acceptable as beast masters?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

New to beast packs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to beast packs   New to beast packs I_icon_minitimeMon May 19 2014, 20:25

Oh. U mean "count as" ))) i read court

Ofcource they are. I use dead wolves from FB to represent khymeras (i did some minot uprade to them by such as wings, jaws, legs, tentacles etc.)
And for beastmasters - just replace hellglaves with some other weapons.
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior

New to beast packs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to beast packs   New to beast packs I_icon_minitimeMon May 19 2014, 20:56

I would suggest a better count as if you are up for it is the Lord of the Rings Fell Wargs. War Hounds are simply so very, very small. Half the height of a Marine i think, i found them to small and they didn't fit onto the right sized bases without leaving a lot of empty space.

Fell Wargs on the other hand are large, have dynamic poses, are on the right sized circular bases and simply have amazingly evil looking models. It's a bit more expensive, but getting 6 for £15 is not bad at all compared to the Real Khymerae considering how much better they look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to beast packs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to beast packs   New to beast packs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to beast packs
Page 1 of 1