THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wango's Green Ghosts

Go down 
+2
Thor665
WangoFett
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WangoFett
Slave
WangoFett

Wango's Green Ghosts Empty
PostSubject: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 10:08

After probably a year or so of mulling it over, I have finally settled on a colour scheme and painted my first warrior.  He's a bit sloppy in places but acceptable for me.

Wango's Green Ghosts 001-first_warrior_zps048d9696

I am still working on a name for the Kabal, am thinking of something along the lines of Kabal of the Emerald Shard or Jade Scar or something ominous yet green.  For now they will be the Green Ghosts.

Also, apologies for the dark photo, still trying to find decent lighting.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 16:49

The only thing I dislike about it is the black topknot against the black helmet, even some dark grey highlighting on the topknot would do something to help make that area seem loved.

I otherwise am a big fan of the scheme, and love the touches you did to the tabard and the nodes on his back - clever work on both!

Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 19:34

I'd like to echo Thor's advice on the topknot, it's needing a little lightening there. The gauntlets too maybe? But it might be your camera that's not doing you justice there. Otherwise-- Fantastic, I like it a lot.

For the names, how does The Emerald Wake sound? The Viridian Pulse?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 21:31

Viridian Venom maybe?

I'll admit I'm a sucker for alliteration.

Back to top Go down
WangoFett
Slave
WangoFett

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 23:03

Thanks for the comments guys.  

Fidra you are right, there needs to be some definition between the gauntlets and gun.  I will touch them up with a bit of purple to see if they stand out a bit more.

Also I'm adding Viridian Venom to the list.  Fluffwise I have nothing interesting for them other than that their fortress is a great shard of emerald green stone.  Armywise there is the rest of a battleforce, a hammy, a succubus and an archon, and a razorwing to come.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 23:33

It could be the lighting but it bothers me that his faceplate(below his eyes) seems to glow, looking the same glowing green as the energy cells on his back and the green on his gun, instead of the metallic green highlights you used on the rest of the armor (which i like by the way, very smooth)

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 01:27

I like that it's a different glow color, personally, if it isn't supposed to be a glow then I agree.

If they live in a huge crystal shard of some sort, you might want to look up the fluff on what splinter rounds are. Basically the DE create and weaponize poison in crystal form - maybe the home base could be a giant cultured crystal of poison that they carved into so that they literally live in a crystal poison palace - it would even tie into the Viridian Venom name at that point.

Back to top Go down
WangoFett
Slave
WangoFett

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 01:37

That sounds awesome.

Re: the extraneous glow, that was from the eyes which were green. I flip-flopped to red eyes, but ilke the red vs green contrast. Will have to come up with a good explanation for the weird glow from nowhere though.
Back to top Go down
WangoFett
Slave
WangoFett

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 20 2014, 05:38

Finished another 4, rearranged a head and tweaked the scheme about 4 times. Still struggling with lighting for photos.

Wango's Green Ghosts 003-first_five_warriors_zps032a0ffa
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 22:02

They're looking great, keep it up!

I like the variations on the tabard, a little purple mixed in it. I think some highlighting on the bases would be nice.

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Ikaraii
Slave
Ikaraii

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 01 2014, 00:19

Yeah, I really like these. The paint scheme is gorgeous, looking forward to seeing more of these.

Vae Victus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wango's Green Ghosts   Wango's Green Ghosts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wango's Green Ghosts
Page 1 of 1