THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1++
Hekatrix

Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix Empty
PostSubject: Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix   Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 11:25

Can someone please tell me that 7th ed has NOT allowed us to do this before i go out and buy all these Ravagers!!!

:: Primary ::
Haemie, Liq
3 Trueborn, 2 DLs
3 Trueborn, 2 DLs
3 Trueborn, 2 DLs
3 Wracks
3 Wracks
Ravager, 3 DLs, FF
Ravager, 3 DLs, FF
Ravager, 3 DLs, FF

:: Allied ::
Haemie, Liq
3 Trueborn, 2 Splinter Cannons
3 Wracks
Ravager, 3 DLs, FF

Haemie, Liq
3 Wracks, Raider, Dis Cannon
Ravager, 3 Dls, FF

Haemie, Liq
Ravager, 3 DLs, FF

Haemie, Liq
Ravager, 3 DLs, FF

Surely this can't be right....

Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix   Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 13:17

Glad to oblige,

Allied Detachment:
Restrictions:
All units chosen must have a different faction to any of the units in your primary detachment.

So allied detachments cannot be the from the same codex as your primary one. However, there doesn't seem to be any restriction on taking more than one of the combined arms detachment. So you just need double the number of wracks and you're good to go..
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix   Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 21:57

OIC, so im just multipling the number of (standard) force org charts, not the allies chart. Redo on the way Smile

Last edited by 1++ on Sun May 25 2014, 23:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix   Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix I_icon_minitimeSun May 25 2014, 22:52

Lost my post but basically ya you can functionally make a nearly identical list with a few more wrack unit additions. In fact my current primary is nearly identical just change wracks to warriors lose a ravager and add elder allies.
Back to top Go down
Dethric
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix   Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 08:50

This is correct, but remember that others can do the same. Hope your ravagers are up to facing an equal amount of cheese if you field that.
I am guessing that tournaments and most casual players will house rule something along the lines of "one detachment per x points" or something like that Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix   Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abusing the 7th edition allies matrix
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: