THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

crucible of malediction

Go down 
+10
Panic_Puppet
Dethdispenser
son of osiris
Expletive Deleted
Devilogical
Malebranche
Thor665
Azdrubael
Zenotaph
Myrvn
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Wych

crucible of malediction Empty
PostSubject: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 15:14

With the upturn in psychic powers, it looks like the best defense we have is through Coven toys. I haven't rely used the crucible in the past, but it looks like I'll be trying it more now.

So people see death stars of psychers as often? With the crucible being one shot, how do you maximize use?
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 15:36

I think, the crucible is somewhat of a lucky shot. Might work, or might not...

In my opinion, best against psykers is long range splinter fire.
Or, if it's grey knights, dissies come in handy.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 17:53

I think the best defense against psyker is still kill the psyker. That will surely stop all his psychic powers.

DOnt bother with crucible, it is quite random and most of the time odds arent in your favor.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 17:55

Hehe, only a dead psyker is a good psyker?  Twisted Evil 

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 17:57

Every time something dies it feels a little bit more safer =)

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeMon May 26 2014, 18:09

Azdrubael wrote:
I think the best defense against psyker is still kill the psyker. That will surely stop all his psychic powers.
 cheers 

Back to top Go down
Malebranche
Slave
Malebranche

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:30

Take Tyranid allies. Anyone can ally now, although youll want to deploy them 12" apart and keep them 6" apart during the game.

Take tyranid units with Shadow in the warp, which gives -3 Ld to all enemy psykers within 12".

Deathleaper also gives -D3 ld to an enemy model.

Warlord trait "intimidating presence" forces enemy units within 12" to use the lowest ld in the unit.

Torment Grenade launchers give enemies within 6" a -1 ld modifier.

Use crucible with all that and you'll decimate enemy psykers.

Last edited by Malebranche on Tue May 27 2014, 18:00; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 17:34

Thanks, that makes it much clearer.

Last edited by Zenotaph on Tue May 27 2014, 19:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 18:00

Malebranche wrote:
Take Tyranid allies.

Well, this could be some sort of a good background army of Seventh Woe if i`am correct, they captured lots of tyranids, so we probably have some way to make them obey.
Interesting.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:27

You need a cult based army for that, when you want to play fluff style.
Sounds good, but not for me. Damn...

Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:33

Zenotaph wrote:
You need a cult based army for that, when you want to play fluff style.
Sounds good, but not for me. Damn...

I was thinking of going Seventh Woe, Wrath unbound and Blade denied.
After some time i pick up blade denided )

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:47

I'm not sure, I know, what exactly you mean. Don't forget, I'm from Germany, so all the factions, weapons,
equipment and even the rules are different to what I know. An example:
The Darklance is called in German a "Schattenlanze". Translate it one on one into English and you got:
Shadowlance. The disruptor is even worse. And that makes it pretty difficult to find out, what you mean.
Seventh woe, wrath unbound and blade denied are wych cults, aren't they? At least, I hope, they are.
If they are not, well, yeah, well...

Slave
Malebranche

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 19:58

I have been working on a Dark Eldar/Genestealer cult for a long time, but without being able to ally, most of my converted models have just been used as Tyranids all this time, so this edition is great for me. My love of Leadership Shenenigans makes this combo perfect for me - but with all this Daemon spam floating around, I can picture it becoming a fairly common counter.

Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 22:13

The one time I used the crucible, because I was simply deadset on using it, I didn't think it would be that good, I did the same thing I do when I need to deliver anything.

Haemonculus+Grotesques+Raider+Aethersails+Torment Launcher

Worked like a charm. Killed three paladins which was pretty lucky to be honest. Torment launcher was a bit of a bust though. Some reason when you shove raider next to your opponent's it draws attention.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeTue May 27 2014, 23:22

Hmm. I could see it being difficult and unreliable. I may tinker with it a bit and see. One of the locals is lending our hordes of demons at the moment... Curious how that will go with the FAQs released.

Didn't actually think about leadership modification... I wonder about a wraith fighter as well...
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 07:00

Zenotaph wrote:

Seventh woe, wrath unbound and blade denied are wych cults, aren't they? At least, I hope, they are.
If they are not, well, yeah, well...

Yes.
Seventh woe - is first DE wich is met tyranids and capture them. Have lots of beasts.
Wrath unbound - army of psycopaths, figthing almost in narcotic trance. Also have lots of beasts.
Blade denied - cult wich is prefer to fight with minimum weapons or even without it.

Back to top Go down
son of osiris
Slave
son of osiris

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 15:31

Alright, so how does crucible work against brotherhoods of psykers? Notice they removed the question in the previous FAQ that related to the crucible simply removing a random model in the brotherhood. In the brotherhood USR it simply says that things that effect psykers are randomly allocated. So... what if the effect is remove psyker from play? what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 16:11

son of osiris wrote:
Alright, so how does crucible work against brotherhoods of psykers?  Notice they removed the question in the previous FAQ that related to the crucible simply removing a random model in the brotherhood.  In the brotherhood USR it simply says that things that effect psykers are randomly allocated.  So...  what if the effect is remove psyker from play?  what do you guys think?

I think it would be the same as it was. Nobody want DE to be too strong it one way or another. Especialy with new psy phase.

Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 16:17

Statistically, Shattershard is a much better weapon of killing any given psyker then a Crucible.

Except for Daemon Princes.

son of osiris
Slave
son of osiris

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 16:38

Quote :
Statistically, Shattershard is a much better weapon of killing any given psyker then a Crucible.

Shattershard is fine, but the combination of tormentor grenades, a wraithfighter and the crucible making an opponent pick up an entire army of pink horrors is far too good to ignore. Plus, we have yet to find out if our arcane wargear is per detachment or still per army.
Back to top Go down
Dethdispenser
Kabalite Warrior
Dethdispenser

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 17:17

I'm not sure the Crucible will affect the entire brotherhood of psychers by one fail. Maybe, the entire unit must cast leaderships? Or one model is removed? I just can't see Crucible removing the entire unit.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 17:39

Brotherhood of Psykers rule says that it's a unit of psykers, ergo a 10 man strike squad, for example, is a unit of 10 psykers.

RAI - stupendously unclear. RAW - any individual psyker within 3d6" of the crucible would take its own leadership test, as they are all psykers in their own right. So if 6 guys in a strike squad, for example, are in range, they all take a leadership test and any that fail are removed. That seems to be the most literal application of the rules, and also makes the most sense on the tabletop.

Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 18:48

Panic_Puppet wrote:
Brotherhood of Psykers rule says that it's a unit of psykers, ergo a 10 man strike squad, for example, is a unit of 10 psykers.

RAI - stupendously unclear. RAW - any individual psyker within 3d6" of the crucible would take its own leadership test, as they are all psykers in their own right. So if 6 guys in a strike squad, for example, are in range, they all take a leadership test and any that fail are removed. That seems to be the most literal application of the rules, and also makes the most sense on the tabletop.

In 5ed FAQ it was like this:
Only one model from unit with Brotherhood of psykers removes as casualty if they unit fails LD test from crucible.
It was sucks  Evil or Very Mad 

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2014, 01:05

Torment launchers plus Stormsurge plus Crucible was going to be my competitive 'off switch' for psyker heavy armies. I dunno what everyone else thinks about that...
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitimeThu May 29 2014, 07:34

Jimsolo wrote:
Torment launchers plus Stormsurge plus Crucible was going to be my competitive 'off switch' for psyker heavy armies.  I dunno what everyone else thinks about that...

Add "Hemlock" for more FEAR!!! Or Deathleaper!!!
 Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: crucible of malediction   crucible of malediction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

crucible of malediction
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: