THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

7th edition 1850 list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

7th edition 1850 list Empty
PostSubject: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 16:53

Urien Rakarth: 190pts
2x3 Trueborns w/2 Dark lances/:172pts
4 grotesques w/aberration/venom blade/Lq gun/+1Str/raider/Night shield/:255pts
4x5 Kalabite warriors w/blaster/raider/night shield/:520pts
3 talos w/ Tl Lq gun/:315

Allies
haemonculus w/Lq gun/Shattershard/:75
9 wracks w/lq gun/acothyst/venom blade/raider/night shield/:185
cronos parasite engine w/spirit probe/spirit vortex/:110

The list comes in at 1822pts. I am weighing many options right now especially the prospect of loading my grotesques into a wave serpent. in 7th edition I have a fair amount of options to get the job accomplished, but have decided to go with a traditional list at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 17:33

This list looks like it could be lots of fun. However, if this is a battle forged army (which it presumably is), the allied detachment has to be chosen from a different faction to your primary one, just like in the last edition.

I don't think this is particularly traditional, as lists go (triple Taloi and very coven heavy overall, Trueborn with lances instead of blasters, etc). That's not to say it won't do well obviously, but I do think your pain engines will struggle to get there. Having three allows you a degree of safety there of course, as it means two of them will probably survive, but they will still be very plodding. Hammer and Anvil deployment will be their bane.

The Trueborn without transportation concern me too. If they take one casualty (inevitable) they will be testing for leadership instantly. I'd think they'd be more useful as one squad in a transport. Personally I prefer blasters to lances because they can move in a vehicle and fire them, but if they work for you then fine.

Also, no Venoms? I think you might be lacking in anti infantry fire slightly. I'd be tempted to swap out a couple of Raiders for Venoms. They're obviously not quite as resilient (if such a word can ever be employed to describe a Dark Eldar vehicle) as Raiders, but they pump out a lot of shots. Also, the shape they are means they screen Raiders nicely.  Smile 

Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 17:48

Thank you for the input I had them in raiders for the added dark lances.  With 7th edition I am a Bit worried about the buffs they have given to armored vehicles.  I read on the allied charts that dark elder could ally with themselves, so I thought this was a legal list.  On the other side of things I was wondering if there is any way I could get a wave serpent in my list to transport Urien and my grotesques any suggestions on how I might accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

New list
Urien Rakarth:190
Haemonculus w/shattershard/ Liquifier Gun/:75
4 grotesques w/aberration/VB/ Liquifier Gun/+1Str/Raider/Night Shield/
9 wracks w/VB/Liquifier Gun/Acothyst/Raider/Night Shield/:185
5 Kalabite Warriors W/blaster/Raider/Night shield/:130
3 Talos W/ Tl Liquifier gun/:315

Allies
Spiritseer:70 (with the way 7th works I will put him with the grotesques for some str 8 goodness and +3 for running)
5 wraith guard w/wave serpent/bright lance:280
5 wraith guard w/wave serpent/bright lance:280
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 19:06

AngelicPerversion wrote:
On the other side of things I was wondering if there is any way I could get a wave serpent in my list to transport Urien and my grotesques any suggestions on how I might accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Deploy the units outside of the transports you bought for them, and next to the ones you intend to put them in. T1 embarkation.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 20:15

In other words I would have to wait 1 turn before doing any sort of moving, but on the other hand having wraith guard in a high speed open topped vehicle could be very beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 20:16

You can load them and move 12", you just cant turbo turn 1.

Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitimeWed May 28 2014, 20:58

I think now you can go flat out on the turn you embark, I could be wrong. I think it's just ramming and tank shocking that's prevented, but like I say I might be wrong.

It would be useful to have Wraith Guard in an open topped transport if they had D-Scythes or those silly axe things, otherwise you might as well not bother. That makes them even pricier. Remember for an allied detachment you only need one troop, so if you only want that Wave Serpent for the Grots, you can save points there. Also, Serpents do really well with scatter lasers twin-linking the other weapons, anti-tank is better served on other platforms as the other two weapons won't be able to do anything against the heavy armour you're bringing the lance for, so are ostensibly wasted any time you use it for that.

PostSubject: Re: 7th edition 1850 list   7th edition 1850 list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7th edition 1850 list
Page 1 of 1