THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting Empty
PostSubject: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 07:57

New rules for alliances allow to take the Necrons. Just place that guys 12" away from our forces.
New Night fighting rules say, that all our units have stealth special rule, which works brilliant with new Jink special rule.
So we pay 225 points for Imotekh, maybe 65 points more for 5 Warriors and have a very relyable Night Fighting chance. Lord of the Storm rule allows Night Fighting to remain in play if your d6 roll at the beginning of new turn is equal or more than the number of current turn.
This guy also hits every unlucky unit on the table with lightnings. (d6 hits S8 AP5 if you roll 1).

BUT YOU HAVE 3+ JINK DURING ALMOST THE WHOLE GAME!!11
So bring more reavers and skimmers and feel safe in darkness. Even if you are hit by the lightning, you have a good chance to roll cover save.

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 10:08

SERAFF wrote:
New rules for alliances allow to take the Necrons. Just place that guys 12" away from our forces.
New Night fighting rules say, that all our units have stealth special rule, which works brilliant with new Jink special rule.
So we pay 225 points for Imotekh, maybe 65 points more for 5 Warriors and have a very relyable Night Fighting chance. Lord of the Storm rule allows Night Fighting to remain in play if your d6 roll at the beginning of new turn is equal or more than the number of current turn.
This guy also hits every unlucky unit on the table with lightnings. (d6 hits S8 AP5 if you roll 1).

So bring more reavers and skimmers and feel safe in darkness. Even if you are hit by the lightning, you have a good chance to roll cover save.

Can always chuck in a Corsair Prince for guaranteed night fighting for at least one turn. I think it's very Dark Eldar to bring down the lights just as you're about to strike.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 10:16

Starkadder wrote:
SERAFF wrote:

Can always chuck in a Corsair Prince for guaranteed night fighting for at least one turn.  I think it's very Dark Eldar to bring down the lights just as you're about to strike.

It was discussed elsewhere but I'd very much like to know which moron in Commorragh decides to attack at dawn in the first place?  Very Happy 

Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03 2014, 10:20

Quote :

It was discussed elsewhere but I'd very much like to know which moron in Commorragh decides to attack at dawn in the first place?  Very Happy 

Agreed. I really feel we should be able to force night fight. If and when we get a new codex, I'd imagine it will be a special DE warlord trait to be able to bring it down at some point.

Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04 2014, 02:12

For some reason, the Necron FAQ specifies that, effectively, lightning has night vision. 4+ only to Jink against your ally, vs 3+ against the enemy...

Can you take an unbound daemon army (with one daemon) to roll on the warp table, add Imotekh, then the rest of your normal army? Random death for all!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 04:36

I've thought about doing this, actually.

Corsair Prince? What book is that from?
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2014, 08:46

Unfortunately neither Imperial Armor nor unbound armies are allowed for tournaments in my local meta, so I prefer to develop tactics with "traditional" approach.

Recently I tried to use Imotekh in a friendly game against Eldar (1500 pts.) I wouldn't say that I was impressed by Necron allies, but it was funny.

I ran:
Succubus with Farseer (rolled invis, fortune and guide)
4 grots on raider,
3 venoms with HWG Wyches
10 warriors on a raider w s.racks
3 windriders
2 Ravagers
Imotekh with 5 necron warriors

Eldar forces:
Eldrad
Jetseer
6 Dark reapers
Wave serpent
9 Warp spiders
3 War walkers - starcannons/scatter lasers
2 squads of windriders with cannons
Crimson hunter

There was lots of S6 dakka here, so additional Stealth was very useful and I saved many hull points. However Imotekh blew up my venom, Ravager and one enemy war walker (with 2 dead dark reapers from explosion) with his lightnings.
Despite my victory, the game was very close.
But I think that tactics is very interesting and should be studied more deeply.

PostSubject: Re: Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting   Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necron allies with Imotekh for night fighting
Page 1 of 1