THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Ciirian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 17:18

Just wanted to ask how Guardians defer from Kabalites from a game standpoint as I am trying to think of how to build squads for my Eldar army out of Dark Eldar parts and I currently have no Kabalites painted and was just going with some straight count as for the look --- but my purpose of posting is to ask how they are similar and how they are different in according to the game?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 17:40

I do not understand the question.

I'm thinking this might be a tactics section question also...though I'm not sure.

Are you basically asking for the rules of Eldar Guardians?

Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 19:08

Guardians are faster, since they can run and fire, or fire, then run.
Sad, but true...  Sad 

Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 22:16

Kabalites have better weapon options, both standard and the heavier/special weapons. I would take splinter rifle over a shuriken catapult any day.

Choice is a bit tougher with Dire Avengers and Kabalites, though... They can almost match their range with battle focus.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 23:00

Mngwa wrote:
Kabalites have better weapon options, both standard and the heavier/special weapons. I would take splinter rifle over a shuriken catapult any day.

I agree. And the splintercannon is, at least for me, the best anti infantry weapon there is.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07 2014, 23:35

Moving this as not rules related - Count Adhemar

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08 2014, 00:34

I have both codex'es not looking for rules, just wanted a sort of comparison between the two is all.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08 2014, 00:46

Kabalites have better range and are better at hurting tough things that lack armor.
Guardians have better damage, and shine versus things with good armor but low invulnerable saves.
Guardians have access to better heavy weaponry.
Kabalites are harder to kill due to ability to gain FNP and the aforementioned range situation.

I think that covers the broad strokes.

Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08 2014, 00:52

Thanks Thor
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08 2014, 13:02

I would say Kabalites have access to better heavy weapons ^^
But yeah I suppose guardians have some good ones too.

One kabalite advantage is smaller squad sizes and still have a good weapon, though.

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08 2014, 14:25

Point for the guardian heavy weapons is you don't kill the guy, you kill the platform, meaning that any squad member can fire it as long as the platform is still there.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08 2014, 16:05

Also, their "heavy" options basically become assault. It does cause them some issues with transports, but since most of the time when people are fielding lances with DE they don't go with transports I think it's fair to say that the Eldar do better off.

If you want the better mechanized option the answer is Kabalites or Dire Avengers, not Guardians Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites   Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Guardians vs Dark Eldar Kabalites
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: