THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules

Go down 
+4
MyNameDidntFit
Starkadder
Laughingcarp
doomseer11b
8 posters
AuthorMessage
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules Empty
PostSubject: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2014, 03:31

I google'd the stats for this vehicle and could only find "experimental" rules. Can anyone direct me to where the official rules are? or are these not official yet?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09 2014, 04:39

Latest rules appear in Imperial Armour - Apocalypse (2013), p.104
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10 2014, 12:59

Has anyone thought about using these? I think they seem increasingly viable now (although I can't recall all of the rules off the top of my head). Isn't it d3 haywire hits?

Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10 2014, 15:36

I'm going to try these out once I actually have my DE army (at the moment it's proxies waiting on models and my friends are already being gracious with the amount of proxy I'm doing) as they seem like a better (or at least different) idea than Ravagers, if a bit expensive.

I know most forums don't like posting specific rules of stuff so here's a few pointers:

- Without NS or FF they cost as much as a Ravager with both.
- They've got a Heavy 1 gun that's either a Large Blast or focussed shot of Haywire.
- Blast is capable as an anti-infantry weapon as well, just don't fire at marines.
- Focussed beam can cause ID and is multiple Haywire hits.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10 2014, 17:58

Use a Farseer to make them twin linked and they become a whole lot better Smile

Last edited by Crazy_Ivan on Thu Jun 12 2014, 18:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10 2014, 18:00

^ That.
They got a 10pt price drop in this book vs their old rules, too.
I agree that they're definitely a viable option nowadays. That said, they still aren't a perfect AT platform. Whereas the Ravager has 3 weapons but often struggles to cause a hull point/pen, glancing on 4s and penetrating on 5s and all.
The Reaper has One Big Gun syndrome.
If it misses... it misses.
I proxies two of them once, to test out the rules, and they failed hard. In three turns I lost both of them and they didn't land a single hit on anything.
So YMMV.
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10 2014, 22:42

^^ Agreed that a farseer is probably the way to go with these. I'd probably want to run at least a couple. I might try to proxy some in my next game and see how they go.

Has anyone had any luck with the Tantalus - I think it would add something very complementary to my haywire centric wych cult list...
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10 2014, 23:07

I have two reapers, they either do really well for me or shockingly bad.
I find them more fun to play with than ravagers and when they do hit they really hit hard.
The haywire weapons definitely seem have have a more DE feel than lances IMO

I have a tantalus too!

It is fun but just way too expensive in points for what it does, it draws alot of fire i've found at least it does after its first volley of pulse disintegrators wipes out a unit.
I havent had a game with it in 7th yet but now with the new damage table rules and 5 hull points it should be harder to bring down.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 17:32

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
I have two reapers, they either do really well for me or shockingly bad.
I find them more fun to play with than ravagers and when they do hit they really hit hard.
The haywire weapons definitely seem have have a more DE feel than lances IMO  

I have a tantalus too!

It is fun but just way too expensive in points for what it does, it draws alot of fire i've found at least it does after its first volley of pulse disintegrators wipes out a unit.
I havent had a game with it in 7th yet but now with the new damage table rules and 5 hull points it should be harder to bring down.

5 HP?? I thought they were 4.

Where did you see that updated? I like it, but want to be able to point to it if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 18:20

Yeah they are 5 now it's in the imperial armour apocalypse book that came out last year.

Pg 103
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 03:09

Ah. I don't have that book.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 11:12

I must agree. I love my Tantalus, it is expensive, possibly more than it needs to be, but the massive volley of Disintegrator fire does tend to remove units, my opponants now tend to try and make sure there's at least something equally tempting in it's line of fire when their terminators appear. Sadly for them I have yet to resist my love of Disintegrators and reduce the number of them I field.

Eventually I will even field it with a Court in it, if only for fulfilling it's actual background role, until then The Inked Ark will be mobbed with Grotesques, Kabalites and assorted rif-raf.

On the original topic, I've never used a Reaper though I'd always have thought they'd be perfect for dealing with Super-Heavies due to the focussed beam - I assumed that was the purpose Forge World originally ascribed to their creation however I've not actually checked that they can still fully function as such what with changes to Superheavies over Escalation & now 7th, would I be correct in thinking they do still do what they should?
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 19:23

Yep haywire hasn't changed vs Superheavies at all, they're good to go. Potential for hilarity right there!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17 2014, 19:25

Laughingcarp wrote:
Potential for hilarity right there!

Squad of wyches vs. ???
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 19 2014, 05:36

Already heard of MSU haywyches taking down Imperial Knights, but it's still a struggle to get them in there and all that. Y'know, since our main combat troops have 6+ armour and T3.
We'd be damned without I6.
It's the little things  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules   FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FORGEWORLD Reaper official rules
Page 1 of 1