THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Been Playtesting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11 2014, 09:34

So over the last few weeks ive gotten 5 games in with my homebrew codex and since 7th edt. 40k is out now i had to overhaul a few things. i still have a ways to go but i do have some updates

incubus got an attack decrease to compensate for CC hurt train anticts against a swarmlord and 3 tyrant guard.

uroboros got changed to be more reasonable in the psycer phase now instead of -leadership he has a 18" 4+ deny the witch bubble havent used that against a psycer heavy army yet but soon. if its to OP ill tune it down to a 5+ DTW.

a few other minor changes that i cant remember doing but after another 3-5 games i will be posting a full codex update and battle report. maybe even make a video. idk might drag out the old camera and go for it. what do you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 17:57

Not sure what this refers to at all.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 00:04

i was refering to the homebrew codex that i am writing you can fing it in my sig

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 15:44

Well, might then perhaps be good to call it Your Homebrew Codex, and not just your Homebrew.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 15:58

Saintspirit wrote:
Well, might then perhaps be good to call it Your Homebrew Codex, and not just your Homebrew.

Not sure what your talking about because I SAID THAT IN THE VERY FIRST SENTENCE ON THE PAGE IF YOU HAD BOTHERED TO READ

Humnhapymeal wrote:
So over the last few weeks ive gotten 5 games in with my HOMEBREW CODEX and since 7th edt. 40k is out now i had to overhaul a few things. i still have a ways to go but i do have some updates

Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 16:02

I meant, to also call it your Homebrew Codex in your sig. It is never good to overreact, you know.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15 2014, 16:03

sorry i kinda had a long night man, my bad

Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 12 2014, 14:48

Hi Humnhapymeal,

I have been reading the first 10 pages of your Homebrew codex and I like the ideas you are putting forward. Rewarding players for building a pure Wych Coven, Flesh Cult or Kabal is a good idea. Sadly I don't find an explanation on what is considered a Wych Coven etc.

Furthermore I think you should take care of not putting too many changes in. Keep it as simply as possible and try not to make the advantages you hand out too big. I know you want to make an impact but too much of an impact breaks the balance quickly.

Let me take the Wych Coven for example.
Organization: Wych Coven

Assault of the Coven: models from the wych coven can chose to move an extra 3” on the charge.
Relics of the Muses: HQ models in the Wych Coven may take one item from the relics of the dark muses war gear list. Only one of each type may be taken per primary detachment
Bullet Wych: Wyches have a 5+ invulnerable save against shooting attacks. Hekatrix Blood brides have a 4+ invulnerable save against shooting attacks.
Dodge: Wyches have a 4+ invulnerable save in close combat. Hekatrix Blood brides have a 3+
invulnerable save against close combat attacks.
Goddess of the arena: the model with this special rule has survived in the arena for so long that her reflexes are as sharp as her blades. This special rule confers a 3+ invulnerable save at all times.
Fatal allure: when an enemy unit is going to shoot at a unit within 12” of a model with this special
rule, they must pass a leadership test before they attack, if they fail they only snap fire. This does not effect psycer powers or overwatch.
“Fair” Fight: All Gang model can re-roll 1 failed dice roll per turn up to a maximum of 3 re rolls per unit.
Skyborne: All models With this special rule may Move, Shoot, and then run.

Now lets look at the abilities you give to a 11 point wych:
Special Rules:
-Bullet Wych
-Dodge
-Assault of the Coven
-Raiding speed
-Power from pain
-Night vision

So basically she has the following saves: 5++ vs shooting and 4++ in CC. In my book this is over powered. Especially with PoP they will have 5+ followed by 5+ save or 56% chance of ignoring any shooting wound at 5- strength. You have to take into account what you unit should excel at, and wyches should be only survivable in CC, not vs shooting.

I would limit the Bullet Wych to overwatch fire only and not vs template weapons. By this they become more survivable in combat, which is the purpose.

The fact that both Assault ot Coven and Raiding Speed add 3" to infantry assault turn. Which means you can assault a full 6" further: this almost equals a turn of movement.
Raiding speed adds 50% to the movement of infantry, this is OP. 1" is 17%, which is a great boon. Add in that you could have like, say 1d3" extra movement on the charge, this would make it acceptable.
So I do like the idea of Wych Coven to be faster than regular troops but it should be limited.

What I do like about your changes are the Combat drugs: they make the wyches a lot more efficient in CC.

I appreciate what you are trying to do here. How is the playtesting coming along?

PS: you shouldn't give IC a transport option.
Back to top Go down
Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13 2014, 17:08

El jairo thank you for the feedback regarding the wych covens i am currently in the process of reworking them from the ground up. i agree that the current way i set them up is a little op but i felt at the time that it compensated well with the strength and toughness 3 (its kinda a BIG drawback for an assault troop) so i gave them an invul save and a poison CCW i felt that this was a good way toi get around that, but like you said an extra 6" move is very OP with the Poison CCW and the 5++ against shooting. I do think that having template weapons ignore the 5++ is a good idea but im still reluctant to scrap it alltogether.

btw playtesting is slow going as would be expected because my only competition right now is tyranids and necrons
the tyranids i table every time with ease and the necrons i feel so under powered that its crazy. not to mention this one time against CSM

i feel the biggest challenge is creating a balance in between power and survivability because "turtle" units arnt our thing we arnt supposed to take a bolter round to the face and just say "haha you think that hurt silly space marine." but at the same time our assaults and when we point our guns at something they should be afraid, but not wipe a squad of tac marines off the field in one turn kinda power.

as i grow as a player i can see how my homebrew is and was OP in different aspects. personally i think dark eldar should be the kind of army where we rule the movement phase and that our assault and shooting phase should compensate for our lack of a psycer phase, armour and T3 we are already a hard to play army and with a very specialized nich. i mean i dont know how many times ive lost a raider or venom to S4 fire from basic infantry guns. and then your next game is against astra militarum forget about it, oh and then tau marker light just saying oh you have a cover save thats cute. there is just so much out there that kills our stuff efficiently that i feel the need to adjust how our army get saves, (kabal= armour, Wyches= Invulnerable/ dodge, Dark beings= cover, Flesh cults= FNP) i personnaly think that phil kelly is a freak beast for having balanced the codex the way it is.

like i was playing CSM and i was using the full 12" move on a gunboat with kabalite warriors and i shot everything at full BS and maybe killed 4 CSM and the player said that that was soooo OP then he procedded to explode my raider and kill 7 of my kabalites with a predator and 1 squad of marines it was stupid. anyway thats where im at currently sorry for the soapbox.

Hellion

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14 2014, 07:15

I want to say that I think the Trueborn are rather OP as they are in your homebrew. You keep them at the same points but you bump up their BS to 5 and give them Shardcarbines instead of splinter rifles. If you allowed them to replace the splinter rifles for shardcarbines for free, I could let it slide. However, jacking the BS up while keeping the price the same is rather unfair to the opponent.

I'm also trying to understand why someone would take a Dark Lance when they could get a 2-shot, shorter ranged version thats only 1S less. This Void Cannon seems to basically steal the DL's thunder and write the weapon out of the picture as an Assault 2 weapon.

I do like the Warlord Traits. Very Dark Eldar.

Humnhapymeal
Hellion
Humnhapymeal

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2014, 02:56

CheeZe wrote:
I want to say that I think the Trueborn are rather OP as they are in your homebrew.  You keep them at the same points but you bump up their BS to 5 and give them Shardcarbines instead of splinter rifles.  If you allowed them to replace the splinter rifles for shardcarbines for free, I could let it slide.  However, jacking the BS up while keeping the price the same is rather unfair to the opponent.

I agree with you on that they are OP, but i have been concentrating on the wych covens first and foremost so do expect future changes but nothing right now. but if had to remark on your statment right now... id say. the upgrade to BS was a change i made to be a place holder but it just never got changed back.

CheeZe wrote:
I'm also trying to understand why someone would take a Dark Lance when they could get a 2-shot, shorter ranged version thats only 1S less. This Void Cannon seems to basically steal the DL's thunder and write the weapon out of the picture as an Assault 2 weapon.

the void cannon was actually going to be a vehical only weapon for the Dias of destruction but a buddy of mine wanted to see it more in my homebrew so i obliged i simply need to nerf the weapon and call it a day im thinkin S6 AP2 Type:assault 1 that could work... right?

and thank you on the warlodr traits i tried to make them very synergetic with DE

Been Playtesting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been Playtesting   Been Playtesting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Been Playtesting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: