THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Boogeyman List - 1850

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Boogeyman List - 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Boogeyman List - 1850   Boogeyman List - 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12 2014, 20:18

2 Combined arms detachments, Eldar Primary

HQs:
2 Farseers w/ Jetbikes
1 Haemonculi w/ Orb of Despair & Archangel of Pain
1 Haemonculi w/ Crucible of Malediction
10 man Seer Council w/ 10 jetbikes & 8 Singing Spears

Troops:
4 3-man wrack squads
2 3-man jetbike squads

Heavy Support:
3x Ravagers w/ Flickerfields & Torment Grenade Launchers

Transports:
4x Raiders w/ Torment Grenade Launchers, Shock Prow, Enhanced Aetherfields, Flickerfield

Total: 1847

All 10 members of the seer council roll on runes of battle trying to get horrify. Split off 2 that get it to join jetbike squads with the Farseers. The farseers both roll on Telepathy, attempting to get Terrify, Psychic Shriek, and Dominate.(If they don't get it, and instead got invisibility/shrouding, I won't shed any tears). The Haemonculi are armed with leadership targetting arcane wargear.

The idea behind this list is to frighten your enemy off the table. If you get the combination of TGL, Horrify, and Terrify on a unit, it's at -5 Leadership. Oh, and you'd be going for a warlord trait from the Command table, with a free reroll to try to get Intimidating Presence(Use lowest leadership in unit within 12" of the warlord).

So, -5 Leadership on units, utilizing as many methods to generate leadership rolls as I could muster. A minimum of 2 Psychic shrieks per round, killing roughly 10 MEQ per turn. The Haemonculi unleash the Orb of Despair to take out anything -really- nasty, and the crucible of malediction which is typically looked at as unreliable now has a bubble of 50% chance to kill all psykers in it without a save of any kind. Eliminating vehicles will be a priority, followed by tank shocking any remaining infantry on the table until everyone is cowering in fear, has retreated the battlefield, or been melted by fear-inducing death rays.

DISCLAIMER: I know there are probably plenty of flaws in this army. It's sort of just a fun list, but I would really like to hear tactical feedback on it anyway. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Boogeyman List - 1850   Boogeyman List - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 00:12

Love it. It attempts the same thing my Eldar Air Force does.

Which weapon does the Raiders and Ravagers? I assume Lances on the Ravagers and Disintegrator Cannons on the Raiders? That's how I'd do it.

Well and there's really no escaping it because the Psyker phase MASIVELY increased the range and timing of the JetCouncils ability to drop Horrify bombs on peoples heads.

The bad part of the list is that unlike in previous Editions, the JetCouncil can now only ever fire ONE Horrify out of the unit per Psyker phase. So you kinda really really need the Farseers to get Terrify and even if they do get it, it takes the Terrify and the Horrify together plus the Torment Grenade Launchers to do the trick. So you are throwing a TON of resources out there to get just ONE check.

The upside is that if you pull it off and can kill 25% in the shooting phase thats one check (so saving some dice to witchfire seems impotant to this strategy), then in the Shooting phase you can force another penalized check, which they would autofail if already falling back.

Worse would be if you could find a tank to tank shock with in subsequent rounds to finish falling back units off.

I think the resources spent on this tactic are going to be rewarded but just really put some thought into the number of taergets you can really effect at a time. I almost feel like you need some pinning in the army to help accentuate the armies strengths, but I'd like to here how this version does first. Batreps! Immediately!
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Boogeyman List - 1850   Boogeyman List - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 04:45

Unorthodoxy wrote:
I assume Lances on the Ravagers and Disintegrator Cannons on the Raiders?  That's how I'd do it.

Yep, that's the plan.

Unorthodoxy wrote:

The bad part of the list is that unlike in previous Editions, the JetCouncil can now only ever fire ONE Horrify out of the unit per Psyker phase.  

That's why I split off any additional warlocks who get horrify and pair them up with the jetbike squads and farseers. That way, I can get 3 casts of horrify per psychic phase, and all my horrify squads get 2+ jinks.

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Boogeyman List - 1850   Boogeyman List - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 04:50

I see the possibilities, but then you can't pull the reserve jack move withthe Jetbikes. Buy I do see what you're after there. Average of 2 Horrify's, sometimes 3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Boogeyman List - 1850   Boogeyman List - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 05:11

Unorthodoxy wrote:
I see the possibilities, but then you can't pull the reserve jack move withthe Jetbikes.  Buy I do see what you're after there.  Average of 2 Horrify's, sometimes 3.

Yeah, I did the math on it. The majority of games, you'll have 2, and sometimes you'll only have 1 or 3. Pretty infrequently, you will have more than 3, or none at all. Since this is the case, setting up to be able to accommodate 3 seems to be the ideal setup.

Spiritseers in an iyanden army would be great for going for horrify, since they get 2 rolls on the chart, however they can't take jetbikes, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Boogeyman List - 1850   Boogeyman List - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13 2014, 14:16

but they can come through a portal

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boogeyman List - 1850   Boogeyman List - 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boogeyman List - 1850
Page 1 of 1