THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Revenant Titan

Go down 
+2
Zenotaph
goofydk
6 posters
AuthorMessage
goofydk
Hellion
goofydk

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 14:17

Hey Guys

Need some advice on how to make my Revenant Titan look more evil, more DE like!

Revenant Titan 2014-06-14112819_zps79f96782

I have been thinking about getting some chains from the Raider kit, maybe some skulls with a spike through it as well, also from the Raider kit I believe. But not sure where to place them or if it will even fit the model the way I have painted and assembled it. I have made a lot of different "battle damage" on the model already.

goofydk
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 14:26

Try the spikes from the raider, or ravager, on the titans shoulders. Might work.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 18:02

Raider keel blades should add a lot of evil touches. For the love of all that is good: please straighten those pulsars before painting! It didn't take too long to straighten mine using the boiling water trick.
Back to top Go down
goofydk
Hellion
goofydk

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 18:30

Ahh boiling water! Had serious problems with those pulsars, should have seen them when I received.. A banana would be proud! Its really silly how poor quality FW is for that price.

Aye thought about spikes on the head and shoulders.
Hmm feel blades, where would you add them?
Do you have a pictures of your Titan?

goofydk
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 19:54

Sadly, mine is cleaned and prepped for assembly...but I got stuck trying to figure out how to base it! Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14 2014, 21:52

goofydk wrote:
Ahh boiling water! Had serious problems with those pulsars, should have seen them when I received.. A banana would be proud! Its really silly how poor quality FW is for that price.

Aye thought about spikes on the head and shoulders.
Hmm feel blades, where would you add them?
Do you have a pictures of your Titan?

goofydk

One - quality has nothing to do with it - the nature of resin combined with air freight is what warps thin parts most of the time.

Two - use a hair dryer and it's sorted very quickly. Be careful else you end up with a melted lance. Use low heat and power. Works very easily.

I have built 4 titans so far and the hair dryer is my go to to fix thin parts
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 21 2014, 09:33

Hey goofydk,

Firstly, I really like the red edging on your Revenant, looks awesome. I can never get mine close to that even.

Secondly, as suggested earlier, Raider keel blades are great for creating a DE look on craftworld models. I used keel blades and the snare chains on my Wraithknight, and it seems to do the trick.

My own humble efforts-

[img]Revenant Titan Photo_11[/img]
Back to top Go down
goofydk
Hellion
goofydk

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05 2014, 11:40

Ahh nice!

I will see if I can get some keel blades as well on my Titan, looks sweet. Perfect for DE Smile

Is the other foot resting on something? I got a problem with balance on my Titan a few iron rings under the base did the job tho.

PS: used an airbrush for some of the work, still getting used to it.
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07 2014, 07:46

Thanks.

Blades and blood are definitely what DE are all about.

I've been meaning to try airbrushing, but have never gotten around to it. You seem to be doin pretty well with yours.

I'm waiting for my knight to do something spectacular in battle, then I'll model something under his right foot. At the moment he's just pinned to the base from the other foot. I'll take your suggestion with the weights for sure, he fell over last game(base and all)
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07 2014, 11:49

Maybe some glowing and menacing eyes? Florescent paint and OSL Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Revenant Titan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Titan   Revenant Titan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revenant Titan
Page 1 of 1