THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesques or wraithguard?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sunspear
Slave
sunspear

Grotesques or wraithguard?  Empty
PostSubject: Grotesques or wraithguard?    Grotesques or wraithguard?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 03:14

I LOVE these models and I want to include them in my army, my initial thought would be to include them as "counts as" grotesques, cause I think it's kinda appealing to go with a straight DE. Although I am not opposed to some CWE allies. Oh and I will play in mostly friendly games, maybe a little competitive but nothing tournament worthy.
So what are you more experienced Archons opinions?
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques or wraithguard?    Grotesques or wraithguard?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 08:13

You're asking if it's ok to proxy Wraithguard as Grotesques?

If so, and you're just playing with people you know, as long as you OK it with them you're golden. For a tourney you'd likely need to do some conversion work to get them to pass muster, but for friendly games as long as they don't stick out like a sore thumb nobody should say anything.
But adding a couple spikes never hurt any eldar anyway.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques or wraithguard?    Grotesques or wraithguard?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 09:18

Funnily enough, if you do a suitable conversion job to make Wraithguard into Grotesque-alikes you'll probably end up not too far off what the Castigators from Path of the Archon are supposed to look like.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques or wraithguard?    Grotesques or wraithguard?  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 25 2014, 10:20

Count Adhemar wrote:
Funnily enough, if you do a suitable conversion job to make Wraithguard into Grotesque-alikes you'll probably end up not too far off what the Castigators from Path of the Archon are supposed to look like.

The reaver and the ravager kit provides you with a great amount of spikes and chains to do so.
You can also drill some small holes in their swords, making them look like huskblades.

Slave
sunspear

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques or wraithguard?    Grotesques or wraithguard?  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 26 2014, 00:06

Laughingcarp, I hould have been more specific, yes I love the wraithguard models and I would like to proxy them.
Adhemar- I just started the path of series, I am curious now about these castigators.
Zenotaph- I am currently putting the army together and I have some conversions in mind, hopefully I will be posting some stuff in the project logs soon, thanks for the ideas
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques or wraithguard?    Grotesques or wraithguard?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesques or wraithguard?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: