THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Best way to field a Farseer on foot?

Go down 
+3
Cavash
Count Adhemar
barjed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
barjed
Slave
barjed

Best way to field a Farseer on foot? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 14:48

Hi,

I am planning to field a minimum sized allied detachment (Farseer + Rangers) for my DE force, mainly to have some fun casting Psychic powers. I'll play some casual games so he doesn't need to be terribly competetive.

That said I am a big fan of the new Farseer plastic model. So I was wondering - what's the best way to field him on foot?

Thanks!

Last edited by barjed on Wed Jul 02 2014, 07:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 15:54

This would really depend on the rest of your army. You definitely want him in a unit as he's a sitting duck on his own. Which unit would depend on what you have in your army and what disciplines you are looking to roll his powers in.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 27 2014, 17:30

If you want the farseer to be used in more of a supporting role, then on the backfield in a unit of Dark Reapers has worked for me in the past. I'm not sure about 7th ed psychic powers, but it worked with 6th ed powers.

Another good place to have a farseer, more concentrated on an aggressive role, is in a unit of Wraithblades or Wraithguard. This is especially true if you have the points to fork out for some nice pieces of wargear.

Best way to field a Farseer on foot? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 17:15

I gotta say, my favorite way to field one is on a bike, in a unit of reavers
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 17:31

Mine too, Aschen. I would've recommended on a bike, but this is for a Farseer deciding to walk into combat instead of swooping into the battlefield with grace.  Cool 

Back to top Go down
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 17:45

true. But... I dont know. Even on 'foot', if you are placing him in a unit, he's better on a bike. for 15 pts, you get a 3+ save, and an extra point in toughness (which really makes a difference for being doubled out)
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29 2014, 18:21

I agree with you on those benefits, but it also has the problem of being bigger and easier to target due to line of sight. Also, on a bike, you don't get to use the cool new model that barjed wants to field.

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 30 2014, 19:58

Actually it's a very simple conversion.

Cut him in half at the waist (I moved the little dangling rune thing from his crotch to his back, between his shoulders because it's a nice bit) and viola. Glue him to bike legs and the only thing you lose Is the lower robe.

Perfect fit, no cutting required. And I'm an amatuer at converting.

Slave
barjed

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 07:18

Well, the idea was to field him on foot - to preserve the model. Seems like the best was to do this is putting him with Wraithguard in a Serpent. This or fielding him with Reapers in the back but with the short range of many spells it could be problematic.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 02 2014, 08:20

You could chuck the Farseer in with a unit of 4 (or more) Trueborn with Shredders. Guide the unit and reroll the scatter dice, or can you not cast powers inside a transport, on a his own embarked unit?

Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 03 2014, 03:47

My apologies. I was merely pointing out that if you only want to slog to keep the model it isn't necessary.

Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 06 2014, 16:59

1++ wrote:
You could chuck the Farseer in with a unit of 4 (or more) Trueborn with Shredders. Guide the unit and reroll the scatter dice, or can you not cast powers inside a transport, on a his own embarked unit?

In 6th ed. you could. In 7th, no.

only witchfire powers can be cast when you're in a transport.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to field a Farseer on foot?   Best way to field a Farseer on foot? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to field a Farseer on foot?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: