THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Phayze
Slave
Phayze

Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb! Empty
PostSubject: Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb!   Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 04 2014, 11:51

Hey all, new to Dark Eldar, and my first post on this site, but I've been an avid Tyranids player.

Anyways with the onset of 7th edition, our Shadows in the Warp got a bit of a punch in the gut. From going from denying opponents from getting off psychic powers to near useless, we haven't got much in the way of psychic shenanigans anymore.

This, coupled with my two closest friends and most common enemies; chaos daemon spam and grey knights, makes my spore chimneys tremble. So what a guy named Coredump over at The Tyranid Hive has devised was a simple bomb from the use of Dark Eldar, now that Come the Apocalypse can ally, so I thought I'd share it with you.

The idea is simple: see a clump of psykers, or the one psyker you REALLY don't like, and make it explode.

Sample list: 860 points

Combined Arms:
HQ
Flying hive tyrant
-wings, 2x TL brainleech devourers
Deathleaper

Troops
10x termagants
-spinefists
10x termagants
-spinefists

Combined Arms:
HQ
Flying hive tyrant
-wings, 2x TL brainleech devourers

Troops
10x termagants
-spinefists
10x termagants
-spinefists

Allied Detatchment
HQ
Haemonculus
-Crucible of malediction

Troops
3x Wracks
-Raider (enhanced aethersails, torment grenade launchers)

(Add in whatever you want to fill your list out, this is minimum points costs just for the gimmick, and OBVIOUSLY not built competitively. Use your noggin and build to your tastes)

Here's the rundown of the tactic:
-target your opponent's main psyker (or one of your choice) for -D3 Ld from the Deathleaper.
-clump your opponent's psykers any way you'd like from assaults, baiting, their poor judgement, etc.
-swoop forward and apply a large -3 Ld bubble from 2 or more Flying Hive Tyrants to your psyker blob.
-move full distance forward with your raider with enhanced aethersails right up next to the blob, applying -1 ld to them from the torment grenade launchers.
-activate the haemonculus' crucible and watch as your opponent's pretty plastic soldiers melt from taking a ld test on -4 to -7 Ld (even better when you roll the warlord trait making opponents use their lowest Ld value.)

Lovely idea. I've run it in a local 1500 list against chaos space marines with daemon spam, and grey knights. Managed to kill the Chaos sorcerer and the nearby pink horrors before they could spam any more, and popped 2 Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknights this way seeing as they are Monstrous Creatures, and not walkers.

Effective and fun! try it out for yourself sometime.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb!   Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 05 2014, 22:06

We had explored using the crucible in 6th edition but it was incredibly hard as it relied on psychic powers of your own from Eldar. This however is awesome. Now that you could use Nids and DE together...the Crucible bomb is entirely possible! I think this very very much.
Back to top Go down

Tyranids With Dark Eldar Allies: Psyker Bomb!
Page 1 of 1