THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

List Advice for Upcoming Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

List Advice for Upcoming Game Empty
PostSubject: List Advice for Upcoming Game   List Advice for Upcoming Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2014, 00:43

I've got a game coming up against Blood Angels that I'm having some concerns about.  It will be a 1500 point game and I know he will be bringing the following:

Dreadnaught with Flamers in Drop Pod

Dread with flamers in drop pod

Imperial Knight

3, 5 man devastator squads with missles

5 snipers

Tac squad in Razorback

Assault marines (probably in a drop pod to assure that both dreads come in on Turn 1)

I've seen him play before, and he will typically drop in the 2 dreads in turn 1 and blast away with his template weapons.  He will rush the knight up the board firing the entire way hoping to get into CC quickly.  He usually keeps the 3 dev squads back in cover shooting across the board.    The snipers and razorback, I'm not as concerned with at the moment.  

My typical list:

10 wyches in raider (HWG, flickerfield)

10 Warriors in raider (Splinter Racks, night shields, flickerfield)

5 wyches in venom (HWG, Splinter cannon)

5 wyches in venom (HWG, Splinter cannon)

4 incubi, 1 succubus (agoniser) in venom (splinter cannon)

5 truborn (3 blasters, 2 splinter cannons) in venom (splinter cannon, night shields)

1 ravager (night shields, flickerfield)

2 units of 3 reavers (cluster caltrops, heat lance)

1 Razorwing (monoscythe missles)

I need to come up with a way to minimize the damage done by the dreads in turn 1 and with the new "No Escape" rule, I'm afraid that turn 1 could end up very bad for me.  I would hope to get the 10 man wych squad into the knight during turn 1, but I'm very confident that he will target that unit with one of his dreads.  Any thoughts on how to deal with this?

I am somewhat limited on options. Outside of what is included in my list, I have

5 wracks
5 mandrakes
plenty of warriors
1 raider
1 Talos Pain Engine
5 trueborn
1 archon
Urien
Lilith
I could probably proxy a model for Duke if I needed to.

Thanks!

Last edited by merse24 on Tue Jul 15 2014, 01:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to include what options I have available)
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List Advice for Upcoming Game   List Advice for Upcoming Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2014, 01:48

Well, there are several things to know. First off, tank traps from stronghold assault are considered impassable terrain to the imperial knight. So you can use them to make him take the long way around in order to get in CC, or use them to ensure your units are the one's who initiate CC with him. Second, here are rules you should be aware of:

Left for reference only:

None of the preceeding applies. Apparently they're not lords of war, but a seperate detachment. This being the case, I'd say your best chance against him would lie in obtaining more models and exploiting the detachment rules to bring more mean. Unfortunately, this is a game where having more money/models can often mean having a large advantage against your opponent.

Last edited by BetrayTheWorld on Tue Jul 15 2014, 02:19; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: List Advice for Upcoming Game   List Advice for Upcoming Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2014, 01:57

Yea, No Escape sux the big one for us and I am seeing more and more flamer templates in my meta. I've had to take things back to the drawing board and recreate how I build and play DE because of it. We just loose too much too quickly.

Kabalite Warrior
merse24

PostSubject: Re: List Advice for Upcoming Game   List Advice for Upcoming Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15 2014, 15:29

Any thoughts on what I could buy to add to my army? Beast pack obviously comes to mind, but I was hoping to hold out for the new codex.... I've got a sneaky feeling that they are getting the nerf stick. I may have to break down and buy some anyway.

Also, what about some deployment shenanigans? Maybe set up my transports to ensure that my wyches can't get hit with the templates? That would mean having some sacrificial units though. Plus with his large blast template from the knight and the 3 dev squads, not sure if that would work anyway. Maybe putting the wyches in reserves? I wouldn't be able to make it into CC until turn 3 at best. I'm considering placing my 10 man squad in the raider as far back in the corner as I can get and just hope for some favorable scatter. Not sure what else to add to this to minimize the damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List Advice for Upcoming Game   List Advice for Upcoming Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List Advice for Upcoming Game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: