THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!

Go down 
+11
MyNameDidntFit
urzaplanewalker
benmannen6
Lord_Alino
doriii
Archon-Hidicul
Darklight
DrakeHarkonnen
egorey
BetrayTheWorld
ligolski
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! Empty
PostSubject: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 16:23

Greetings Archons!

It is my great honor to introduce a new challenge! After the great success from the first big challenge, we have decided to do another one. This time we will add a new scoring system to as to better see how people do.  So I ask you, ARE YOU READY?!?!

Rules:

• No armor (aka no vehicles, transports, walkers, flyers, etc)
  • No Monstrous Creatures (of the flying variety or the walking variety)
  • No bikes and/or jetbikes
  • No beasts
  • No cavalry
  • No chariots
  • Fortifications allowed: Aegis, Skyshield, Bastion
  • 1500 points
  • Must be battle forged

It's an extremely limiting set of rules...we get that, but that's what makes it challenging!
So essentially you are only allowed to take: Infantry, Jump Infantry, Jetpack Infantry, and Artillery!

The scoring system:

1. Automatic 3 pts for Dark Eldar as primary CAD (where your warlord comes from) or 1 point if using allied Dark Eldar
  2. Up to 5 pts for fun and originality
  3. Up to 5 pts for competitiveness and "playability"
  4. Up to 3 pts for a description of how the list plays

Total Points Available: 16 points

POST YOUR LISTS IN THIS THREAD!!!

Deadline: September 1st (Forum time)

The prize? Something special that will be announced later!

Last edited by ligolski on Mon Jul 21 2014, 22:51; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 16:32

The scoring system needs work, imo. When half of the points are gained just by being a battle-forged DE army, you may as well just make it a rule that you HAVE to make a battle-forged DE primary army. Because with that scoring structure, it's basically mathematically impossible for anything else to win.

EDIT: Scoring structure has had significant improvements! Still not how I would have structured it, but much better! I will likely throw my hat in the ring before the due date.

P.S. Is this mystery prize going to be announced before or after the end of the contest?

Last edited by BetrayTheWorld on Thu Jul 24 2014, 19:11; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 16:59

Well this is TDC. Here is my entry ...

- Every Wycha Way You Turn -

Lelith Hesperax
Jain Zar
10 Wyches, Haywire
- 495 -

Archon, Agoniser, Djinn Blade, Soutrap, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs
6 Grots, Aberation, Venom Blade
- 375 -

2x 15 Wyches, Haywire, Hexatrix, Venom Blade, PGL
2x 10 Guardian Defenders, Scatterlaser
- 630 -

Models: 69

So ... this list has dual hammers. It has at least one model to tank wounds in each hammer as well.

So what does Jain/Zar and the Wyche squad do?
Lilith and Jain zar in a unit together use the -5 Init. and WS from Zar to up Lilith's number of attacks to insane numbers. That unit will literally destroy anything always striking first.  'A League Apart' special rule lets Lilith gets bonus attacks based on the difference between her WS and anybody in base contact. With the two ICs together, she would should get 13 attacks on the charge that
IGNORE armour saves. This apart from what the wyches and Zar are dishing out. The wyches are just ablative wounds but they will perform AT if needed and have a slew of attacks on their own. Even storm shield terminators can't make that many 3++ roles and ICs are also in jeopardy even with their 2+ rolls.  Bear in mind too that the unit is fearless.      

What about that Grot squad?
The squad is a delivery system for a powerful Archon. The Djinn Blade doesn't replace either your pistol or close combat weapon, so you can retain your pistol to take advantage of bonus attacks. The Agoniser always wounds on a 4+, which makes it infinitely more reliable for taking down.MCs and ICs. You can fething kill anything. And the Grots are just tough ablative wounds to make sure you get to where you want to be. Now why the Djinn blade? After you kill something, swap to the Djinn Blade. You are now Str 6, meaning you wound MEQ on a 2+ and are wounding the majority of MC's on a 4+, which does not seem an improvement over the agoniser but you've got 8 attacks now on the charge and potentially 9 with combat drugs. And anything you do not want to challenge you have the Aberration to use instead of the Archon. When you use the combination you really have to manipulate the battlefield to make it work well. It is all about singling out the independent character or monstrous creature you want, weakening the retinue or knocking the MC down a few wounds, then swooping in for the kill. The Archon has a retinue that can finish the job in case he flubs. This tactic is more psychological than anything. People put a lot of stock into their favorite characters, generally speaking, and being instantly gibbed by an elf with a 2++ and watching him become a strength 6 monster gets into their heads. Is it fun. Yes. YES.

Now the Guardians and Wyches are there to flood the table with models. I don't want my opponent to have any space. I want his AT to be irrelevant. I have now a slew of AT in my Wyches and of course, AI with the PGL too.The Guardians have very decent dakka with battle focus and scatterlasers. You can look at twenty Guardains with two scatterlasers and dismiss them but they put out a heck of a lot odf shots rerolling. By advancing everything you make it very difficult for your opponent to pick off your hammers. By turn two, three I should be getting into assault. I will sustain casualties, no doubt, but the list has enough models and redundancy to shrug this off.

Now we have issues. Obviously you will point out that there is no delivery system for the two hammers. Despite one being very tough and the other having an EW character there is no given that focused fire might take one out. But you have two. Two very potent hammers. And if you just try and deal with the two hammers then the thirty Wyches and twenty Guardians will hurt you.

So that is the plan.
Back to top Go down
DrakeHarkonnen
Hellion
DrakeHarkonnen

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21 2014, 19:20

Vehicles are for Chumps
Primary CAD
HQ-245
Archon, shadowfield, huskblade, combat drugs, soul trap
2x Haemo

Troops-230
10x Warriors, lance
10x Warriors, lance

Elites-372
3x Trueborn, 2 lances
3x trueborn, 2 lances
4x Grotesques, Aberration with scissorhands

Allied Detachment

HQ-140
Farseer, shard

Troops-110
10x Guardians, brightlance platform

Heavy-324
8x Dark Reapers, star shot missiles, exarch with fast shot

Fortification-75
Skyshield Landing Pad

Total 1496

The Archon goes in the traditional Grotesque star to serve as a hammer.  The farseer also goes into the Grotesques, making them fearless and rolling on Telepathy, hoping for Invisibility.  The star is deployed in hopefully the most threatening location in your deployment zone.

The Skyshield is deployed with a central focus and will stay closed for the entire game, giving your models on it a 4+ Invuln.  The two Haemos join the Trueborn squads on the platform, giving them FnP on top of the invuln.

The rest of the units go onto the landing pad with the relevant models having LoS off of it ( Lances, the heavy weapons platform, all of the dark reapers).

Your target priority is going to be blasts and large blasts first, as the amount of models on the landing pad are just pegging to get pie plated to death.  With 7 lances and 9 strength 8 ignore jink shots you should be able to put a good dent on enemy armor.

The grotesques should be able to scare off anything wanting to get close to the landing pad and has some supporting fire from the units on it if needed.
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21 2014, 22:49

A SLIGHT SCORING ALTERATION HAS BEEN MADE. DARK ELDAR PRIMARY CAD IS NOW 3 POINTS AND USING ALLIED DARK ELDAR INSTEAD IS NOW 1 POINT.

This should give more freedom with builds while still benefiting the idea we want DE in the lists...this is The Dark City after all!

For Egorey and DrakeHarkonnen, you are both allowed to resubmit a list if you wish forfeiting your first list due to this late rule change.

Cheers all!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23 2014, 07:14

Ancient Haemonculus with Shattershard
Heamonculus with Crucible of malediction;
Heamonculus
Baron Sathonyx

20x Warriors with 2x Dark Lances
10x Hellions

5x Scourges with 2x Heat lances

Allied: Eldar
Farseer with Shard of anaris

20x Guardians with 2x Bright Lance plattforms

6x Swooping hawks

3x Weapon plattforms with Vibro

Fortification: Bastion with Hatch.

How to play it?
Well depents on who you meet. 1 of the 20 mann groups will start in the bastion, in turn 1 it will go through the hatch. The farseer will be in this group, if you meet high thoughness army, this will be the Warrior group, if not it will be the Guardian group. And evaluation will have to be made of the player. Just remember battlefocus to get away after shooting might be a life saver.

The heamonculus' will be in the other group. If the other group is Guardians, remember to place them in center of group, dont want to loose that fearless. It is imporant to have fearless on both groups as you want your enemy to have to kill 40 wounds. (that takes time).

The entire army is built around these groups, 2 groups with OS and Fearless, aswell as anti veichle in S8 AP2 Lances are two groups they have to remove. Cant be ignored.

The rest is Hawks for Haywire and, they are nice to take blobs (Zombies and orks, theyr granade when arriving from ongoing reserves and their S3 Assault3 weapons). Just remember to start with them on the table, place then BLOS. And go in to ongoing reserves with then turn 1.

Scourges is there to either deepstrike or go T2 through the hatch to pop those AV 13+ unit. Why not just move up? Well Scourges are weak, and if you go in to the bastion T1 (when one of the 20man blobs have gone through the hatch) they have better survivability. And can move in to dangerous area in T2.

The Weapon plattforms, well the Vibro cannon is one of the most underrated weapons in the game. As they can get high S and low AP. And remember if you oponent actually focuses on these they cant focus on the 20 Man blobs, and if they dont focus on these, they will done some serious damage.

Hellions go with Baron, and are used as a Hammer unit. Fast moving fun playing unit. I have just started loving this unit, its my usualy go to allied troop when playing Eldar. Its just plain fun, and if you play the Relic, this unit is AWSOME.

Edit:
Also Psychic powers need to be rolled determined what oponent you play. Usualy you want to roll for Presience and other buffs on shooting, like ignore cover and overwatch for full BS. But Psychic shriek is nice against high thoughness and Invisibility is also aways nice. There are plenty of awsome powers.

I play this kind of list (only with two WK and Dissies Ravager), and I change back and forward what I roll for each game, all depents on the situation, deployment, army and list I play.
Back to top Go down
Archon-Hidicul
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23 2014, 20:26

HQ
Vect
Duke
~390

Elite
10x Trueborn-8x shardcarbines and 2x splinter cannons
6x Trueborn-2x dark lance and 4x blasters
3x Trueborn-2x dark lance and 1 splinter rifle
~448

Troop 2x 20 warriors-2x splinter cannons
~400

Fast Attack
10x Scourge-4x splinter cannons
~260

Total 1498

How to play

Against horde armies put Vector and the Duke in one of the Warrior squads otherwise they go in the splinter borns. The three splinter squads and the scourges(if you opt not to deep strike them)walk up the board filling the enemy with splinter fire but leave LoS for the anti-tank trueborn. The two lance born stay as far back as they can to and still be effective. The leave the two dark lances in front of the blasters to take any wounds. When they die it leaves the blaster born free to move around and hunt tanks and terminators. The goal is simple mass fire to win the game.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2014, 21:35

Space Elf Scorched Earth Battalion - 1500 pts

Primary CAD(Dark Eldar):
HQ:(150)
Duke Sliscus
Troops:(245)
5 Kabalite Warriors
20 Kabalite Warriors w/2 Splinter Cannons
Fortification:(100)
Aegis Defense Line w/ Quad Gun

Secondary CAD(Eldar):
HQ:(115)
Farseer w/Spirit Stone of Anath'Lan
Troops:(125)
5 Dire Avengers
5 Rangers
Heavy Support:(270)
2x 3-platform Vaul's Wrath Support Batteries w/ Vibro Cannons
1x 3-platform Vaul's Wrath Support Battery w/ Shadow Weavers

Tertiary CAD(Eldar):
HQ:(100)
Farseer
Troops:(125)
5 Dire Avengers
5 Rangers
Heavy Support:(270)
2x 3-platform Vaul's Wrath Support Batteries w/ Vibro Cannons
1x 3-platform Vaul's Wrath Support Battery w/ Shadow Weavers

How it Plays:

Psychic Powers:
Each of the farseers takes the guide and prescience primaris powers, plus 1 additional power from telepathy, sanctic, divination, or runes of fate. You get 2 free rolls on fate and divination to see if you like your roll since you're taking the primaris from those anyhow. This allows a bit of flexibility in your 3rd power, to try to tailor what you roll on against what army you're playing. Either way, it's not terribly important. Guide and Prescience are the goals, and you're guaranteed to get them.

Warlord Trait & Combat Drugs:
Since this is a battle-forged CAD, Sliscus will get 2 rolls to determine his warlord trait, as well as 2 combat drugs rolls. Since Sliscus himself is the only one who will benefit from combat drugs, he'll be going for a pain token if possible. He will take his warlord trait from the command traits table, going for "target priority" to give the warriors rerolls on to-hit rolls of 1. If playing a maelstrom mission, will take his trait from tactical instead.

Deployment: Duke Sliscus is deployed with the 20-man kabalite squad to give them 3+ poison shots. This makes this unit pump out 48 3+ poison shots when within rapid fire range. Outside of rapid fire range, they're firing 30. This unit deploys as a gun line on the aegis defense line, which is positioned centrally and as far forward as possible to give them the best threat range. However, with 20 warriors, this line can be made to spread up to 60" across the table. It's primary purpose is to form a barrier against anything trying to make it into melee with the artillery behind it. Duke sliscus will be manning the quad gun.

The vibro-cannons are placed behind the gunline(which won't block LoS, or provide a save due to height). They are spread out and placed in such a manner that gives them the most LoS to the table without clustering for blast templates. A farseer is placed with 1 of these units, and within 12" of a second one. Same goes for the 2nd farseer, but with the other two vibro units. This placement allows all 12 vibro cannons to be guided/prescienced.

The Shadow Weavers will be placed in cover if possible, further back from the vibro cannons.

1 unit of rangers will be infiltrated into cover, preferably onto an objective. The 2 dire avengers will start in cover and use fleet/battle focus to move around the map to secure objectives. The small unit of kabalite warriors will hold down an objective in their own deployment zone. The Last unit of rangers will be held in reserve to outflank in later turns for objective capturing.

In play: This list is relying on the fact that the army is composed of primarily T7 models, as artillery makes all models in the unit T7 for as long as a single gun remains. With guide and prescience put on each of the vibro cannon units, it basically makes them average 3 hits per unit at S9 AP2. The shadow weavers are there for horde/infantry control, essentially being S7 vs vehicles as well.

So, at 1500 points, this list puts out:

12 twin-linked BS4 shots at S9 AP2, with 48" range.
4 twin-linked interceptor/skyfire BS6 shots with S7 AP4 at 48" range
48 3+ Poison shots in rapid fire, or 30 within 24", 12 at 36".
6 Blast templates within 48" that are S7 rending vs vehicles and infantry with I3 or lower, S6 with rending vs. infantry higher than I3.
20 rending shots at 18"
10 Sniper shots @ 36"

First priority will be to target down any vehicle threats. Then, it's pretty much a game of keep away. Use focused fire and bombardments to keep threats away from my "Objective secured" units, and away from the gunline. Sniper fire will focus on trying to eliminate special weapons from squads. If worse comes to worse, and a unit threatens my gunline or arty in CC, the Duke is there with his shadowfield and 2+ poisoned rending blades. He may even split off from the warriors to solo-charge a threat, depending on what it is. And depending on what your random 2 psychic powers are, you may be rocking an invisible 20-man kabalite squad with an invisible sliscus who has a 2+ invuln. Would probably do OK in CC, I think. Wink

The vibro cannons with guide and prescience, along with the shadow weavers for backup will have no problems taking out vehicles en masse. I'd expect they'd be able to take out at least 3 vehicles per turn. And with each of the 6 arty units being T7 with 12-14 wounds, return fire isn't exactly a scary proposition.
Back to top Go down
doriii
Sybarite
doriii

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 01:38

Footclan - 1500

HQ

ancient haemy/vb - 85
haemy/vb/webway portal - 90

Elite

6 grotesque
aberration/vb - 260

5 trueborn/2 DL - 110

9 mandrakes
nightfiend - 160

Troops

9 Warriors
Blaster warrior - 105

9 Warriors
Blaster warrior - 105

9 Wracks/2 liquifiers
acothyst/vb - 135

Fast Attack

9 Hellions
helliarch/PGL 190

5 scourges/2 HWB - 130

5 scourges/2 HWB - 130

the warriors have blasters instead of the cannon because of this list has enough AI so AT is preferred there

the extra haemy with the webway portal is a kind of problem solver, he can go with grots for furious charge and only one token from fearless, mandrakes so they can shoot, fnp on hellions or a boost to wracks. Depends on what you are facing and how you deploy whether you drop the portal or have something in reserve.

Otherwise tactics wise this is just a list i think is fun to play and can be competitive, it has some shooting and some cc, also 4 Hwb 2DL and 2 blasters, its not pure AT but can take on some tanks.
Hellions can punch at AV10, grots chew anything, basicly everything has AT capability at some level.
Scourges go with warriors hiding behind them, grots wracks and hellions all out for cc looking for trouble while drakes and tb look for juicy opportunities.

after writing this list im excited to try it out so i think i'll start in friendly matches ;D
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 02:56

Interesting lists. The betray list certainly has a lot of dakka. It is interesting that people still confuse CAD and think that Eldar must be allied when DE are primary. Of course, this is not the case. The list is well thought out. My list goes the assault heavy route which is dicey on foot I grant but quite effective once they get past mid table. Betray's takes a different approach but as usual he has put together a decent force.

Dorill - I think you oversetimate the damage that can be done with just DL and a blaster. Your best units on the table will likely be the scourges. I can see the mandrakes being fairly effective too with a haemie in the squad. They are really overlooked as a unit. And everyone on TDC knoes I'm a huge mandrake fan, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2014, 02:31

Coven list

Basically, you'll just overwhelm your opponent with troops.
Archon and Co. will pop out of the Webway and hunt down anything with 2+ or 3+ armor.
Two squads of Derpborn worry about armor.
The two weaker squads of Wracks will come out of the webway with the Archon and help overwhelm the opponent in CC

1X Haemonculus – Huskblade, Liquifier Gun, Webway Portal
1X Aberration – Venomblade
2X Grotesques – 1X Liquifier Gun
Pt: 255

1X Haemonculus – Huskblade, Liquifier Gun
1x Acothyst – Flesh Gauntlet
9X Wracks – 2X Liquifier Guns
Pt: 235

1X Haemonculus Ancient – Huskblade, Liquifier Gun, Casket of Flensing
1X Acothyst – Flesh Gauntlet
9X Wracks – 2X Liquifier Guns
Pt: 285

1X Acothyst – Venomblade
9X Wracks – 2X Liquifier Gun
Pt: 120

1X Acothyst – Venom Blade
9X Wracks – 2X Liquifier Gun
Pt: 120

3X Trueborn – 2X Dark Lance
Pt: 86

3X Trueborn – 2X Dark Lance
Pt: 86

1X Archon - Huskblade, Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Soul Trap
1X Klaivex - Demiklaives
4X Incubi
Pt: 290

1497 Points

Last edited by Lord_Alino on Wed Aug 06 2014, 01:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
benmannen6
Slave

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 13:57

HORNETS NEST aka random action from above

So this is a version of a list I've played quite a bit. It basically deep strikes all over the place and stirs up things with fast jump troops and outflanking Mandrakes. It seems like a Haemonculus can't join Mandrakes and outflank anymore. So the list rolls on the Strategic Warlord Traits table twice and goes for the outflank trait... If it gets it the Haemonculus joins the Mandrakes and outflanks and  probably both Wyche units will Outflank too.

The Baron will join the 12 strong Hellion unit and deploy on the table, he will try to attract lots of firepower, the unit is hard to kill with his stealth and units size... It is almost all expendable, it will jump around and shoot and pick on smaller weaker units.

The rest of the Hellions and the Scourges will Deep Strike, Wyches might deploy on the flanks and sneakily hunt armor but problaby hang back an deal with drop pods and aggressive vehicles.

The small unit of Mandrakes will deploy on top of the Bastion and man the Quad Gun, their Stealth gives them a 3+ inv save... The Heavy Bolters inside will be manned by Wracks. The Bastion itself should be placed close to objectives, or the other way around, so the Wracks can exit and claim objectives and be covererd by the Bastion.

Turn two hopefully most of the army will show up. Deep Strike unis will focus on a few units and try to pick them apart. Hellions shoot quite well and Scourges can deal with both infantry and tanks the turn they arrive.

The larger unit of Mandrakes with their shooting attack activated is game winning, I don't know how many games they have torn up the backfield of my opponents. There's a one chance in three to get proper infiltrate, since they need FnP and the shooting to actually be a threat. Otherwise they will just  deploy close to the Haemonculus. The Haemonculus will hand out his pain token either to the Barons Hellions or the Mandrakes, depending on what the battlefield looks like.

So the list hopes for a strong turn two and then turn three swarm and swamp multiple units. It's a lot of fun to play since it's sneaky, fast and furious. Fragile but the synergy with lots of jump units works quite well. It might look weak but packs a lot more punch than it seems. As long as you can keep your units alive...

HORNETS NEST

Haemonculus: liquifier gun, venom blade 65
Baron Sathonyx 105

Bastion Quad Gunners (5 Mandrakes) 75
10 Mandrakes: Nightfiend 160

6 Wyches: haywire grenades 72
6 Wyches: haywire grenades 72
12 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon) 207
8 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon) 143
8 Hellions: Helliarch (splinter pistol; power weapon) 143
Bastion Hvy Bolter gunners (5 Wracks) 50

5 Scourges: 2× blaster 140
5 Scourges: 2× blaster 140

Imperial Bastion: gun emplacement with quad-gun 125

1 497 points
Back to top Go down
urzaplanewalker
Slave
urzaplanewalker

PostSubject: The 4 Brothers   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 01:03

The Four Brothers
Combined Arms Attachment #1 (Primary): Dark Eldar
HQ (300 pts):
Archon w/ Combat Drugs, Haywire Grenades, Huskblade, Shadow Field, Soul-trap

Elite (115 pts):
Grotesques x 3 w/ Liquifier gun

Troops (90 pts):
Kabalite Warriors x 5
Kabalite Warriors x 5

Fast Attack (260 pts):
Scourges x 5 w/ 2xHaywire Blaster 3xShardcarbine
Scourges x 5 w/ 2xHaywire Blaster 3xShardcarbine

Combined Arms Attachment #2: Dark Eldar
HQ (300 pts):

Elite (115 pts):

Troops (90 pts):
Kabalite Warriors x 5
Kabalite Warriors x 5

Each brother is leading a squad (color coded).    Kabalite warriors are there to provide a 5+ cover to his archon (as it should be) and soak fire.  Grotesques give each archon majority 5 toughness and have 5+ cover (or more) and 5+ feel no pain (better than a 4+ cover).  

Archons sit in front of the grotesques, pass any str 6+ wounds back, and tank the rest on his shadow field.  Archons go around and murder everything.  They have all the toys to play with! (They even have haywire grenades to deal with pesky walkers).  Cue maniacal laughter!

Scourges show up by deep strike, hopefully murder a vehicle, and probably suck.

The brother that wracks up more kills than the others gets to run the Kabal until the next battle (or at least until he is betrayed by another brother and has to rebuild his body). Good thing they all have so many souls!
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 03:47

I like your list Urza. (I kinda just made a derp list based on my coven list I play. I'm not trying to win any metals, just made a quick army.)

Although yours has to be my favorite so far.
Back to top Go down
urzaplanewalker
Slave
urzaplanewalker

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 04:53

Thanks bro.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 08:08

I actually really like the idea of your list urza! Shadowfield archons with T5 would surely be fun, and likely be very difficult to remove from the table. But, I could foresee lack of speed, moving only 6 inches plus runs each turn, and lack of any real ranged threat creating a problem.

Against mech, you basically don't have any options. Any skimmer-based list could simply avoid you and shoot all game.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 15:49

If I recall... can't Attachments only have 1 hq and 1 elite? I may be wrong since we're in a new edition.
Back to top Go down
urzaplanewalker
Slave
urzaplanewalker

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 18:09

@ BetrayTheWorld
I figured that my opponent would be working under the same conditions as I was. But against non-skimmer mech, grotesques are strength 6 on the charge (when given a 2nd pain token), which should kill any non-land raider vehicle. I also have haywire everywhere.

@ Lord_Alino
You are thinking of ally detachments. Combine arms are different. You can't ally with yourself, but you can take 2 combined arms from the same army.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 18:43

urzaplanewalker wrote:
@ BetrayTheWorld
I figured that my opponent would be working under the same conditions as I was.

Ah, ok. Nope, tis not the case.

In my limited experience with these list-building competitions, the idea is to build an "all comers" list to take on any army that may come your way, while applying conditions to your own list-building that result in an unusual or creative theme.
Back to top Go down
urzaplanewalker
Slave
urzaplanewalker

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 19:02

Well then, there is no way for DE to beat a skimmer based army.  Such a list does not exist.

Edit:
There may be a way, but it is not good in a maelstrom of war mission. Kabalite warriors with dark lances hiding in cover and never moving. But, you need 10 Kabs per dark lance. Not optimal.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17 2014, 20:05

Beating a Skimmer based army? Hmm...

3 squads of 3 Trueborn with 2 Darklances.

3 Squads of 5 Scourges with Haywire Blasters.

Minimal troop choices.

Duke with a 20 man blob of warriors with 2 Splinter Cannons behind an Aegis.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2014, 03:53

urzaplanewalker wrote:
Well then, there is no way for DE to beat a skimmer based army.  Such a list does not exist.

Edit:
There may be a way, but it is not good in a maelstrom of war mission.  Kabalite warriors with dark lances hiding in cover and never moving.  But, you need 10 Kabs per dark lance.  Not optimal.

There are other ways. My list, above, would take out probably 3 skimmers a turn.

And I ran a different list just yesterday that was mostly ground pounders, and won, against a skimmer heavy list.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2014, 12:08

Well, I'll start by saying I'm basically throwing the "Competitiveness" points out the window in favour of making a list with Drazhar and Urien trying to decide whose unit is better.

Master? Which Master?

HQ
Drazhar, Master of Blades - 230
Urien Rakarth, Master Haemonculus - 190
Haemonculus - 50

ELITE
8x Incubi - 176

6x Grotesques - 255
-- Aberration w/ VB
-- Master Haemonculus Upgrade

4x Trueborn w/ 2x Dark Lances - 98

TROOPS
5x Kabalites w/ Blaster - 60

FAST
5x Scourges w/ 2x Haywire Blaster - 130
5x Scourges w/ 2x Haywire Blaster - 130

TOTAL = 1499

What am I doing? Honestly, probably spending the game laughing maniacally as I lose. But, for argument's sake, I guess the tactics would be thusly:

PHASE ZERO: Urien hands out his D3 Pain Tokens to the Grotesques, bumping them up to Fearless in 2/3 games. Not too sure here but I think Drazhar will get Warlord. Aiming for Stealth & Move Through Cover (Ruins) -- my group plays on largely city-based tables.

PHASE ONE: Deployment. Urien Rakarth, the generous soul that he is, held a lovely feast of Pain prior to the battle in which he allowed Drazhar's retinue to partake in. Which is to say that Urien and the Haemonculus start with Drazhar and the Incubi (nice band name) ready to jump ship to the Grotesques ASAP. Between Drazhar and the gamut of Pain Tokens both of these units now have FNP, FC and Fearless. Yay!

Kabalite Warriors line up front and centre for bodyguard duty--after all, this test of skill between Drazhar and Urien would hardly solve anything if one of them took a stray Demonlisher Cannon to the face!

Scourges will likely wait in the skies, but if the enemy's ranged presence is lacking enough they might start on the board ready to leap forward and harass those pesky vehicles the enemies of Commorragh like to hide in.

Trueborn will sit up the back making bets and adding a pretty laser show.

PHASE TWO: Our two gallant heroes set forth! Drazhar leads by example, charging at the front making good use of his 2+/5++ and EW. Meanwhile, Urien leads from the middle of a gibbering horde of flesh and steel.

Warriors try to keep themselves between the enemy guns and the leading model in each group, firing their guns ineffectually in a bid to make the scene more dramatic.

Scourges come in from Deepstrike if the dice gods are willing or they move up, depending on where they started. Shoot some vehicles and basically spend their time doing what the Eldar race does best: do things awesomely and with 1,000 times the sex appeal any other race could manage (code for 'look pretty and die').

Ditto the above on Reavers, but add in some Bladevaning.

PHASE THREE: Right now my maniacal laughter is paying off, having unnerved my opponent enough that Drazhar and Urien hit their lines and tear the giblets off of anything that dares stand before them. At this point my main goal will be to count Pain Tokens and see which unit ends up with more.

Or, er, my maniacal laughter will have taken on the timbre of a man whose sanity has been broken by watching his pretty, pretty army torn asunder by the guns of the enemy.

Either way, I'm in for a good time!

*bow and exit stage right*

/Edit: adjusted list after it was pointed out I'd made the list illegal in my chopping and changing >.>
//Edit: points cost incorrect on Incubi, adjusted from 198 to 176. Added points to units missing them.

Last edited by MyNameDidntFit on Mon Sep 01 2014, 05:36; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
urzaplanewalker
Slave
urzaplanewalker

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19 2014, 21:13

I don't think that list is legal. You have 3 HQs and only 3 troops. You need 4 troops to make it 2 Combined Arms detachments.
Back to top Go down
MyNameDidntFit
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20 2014, 10:36

Whoops. Haemi was thrown in at the end >.> will edit shortly. Cheers!

Fixed now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!   List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List Building Competition v2: "Foot Sloggers R' Us" list for 1500 points!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next