THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850

Go down 
+5
Duke Razzac
theredone
FishDeadDaemon
1++
BetrayTheWorld
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 Empty
PostSubject: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 20:22

This list uses 2 Identical Combined Arms Detachments:

HQs:
2 Haemonculi

Troops:
12 5-man wyches squads w/haywires in dual cannon venoms

Heavy Support:
2 Ravagers w/ disintegrators, night shields, and flickerfields

TOTAL: 1850

Simple, easy list that I think would be pretty competitive. Would basically be ignoring air.

144 36" splinter shots
60 Models with haywire grenades and the ability to tarpit
18 S5 AP2 shots for armored infantry
24 units with the "Objective secured" rule.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 21:49

Why not Lances on the Ravagers? I think Lances are still good at killing MCs and low armoured transports early in the game

Slave
FishDeadDaemon

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20 2014, 22:52

Probably to get rid of Termies.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22 2014, 00:26

FishDeadDaemon wrote:
Probably to get rid of Termies.

This.
Back to top Go down
theredone
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22 2014, 03:08

At a tournament level how many termites u expecting to face? From my point of view I wod be more concerned with mechanized list of any sort, without a means to pop them early all that lovely splinter fire is going to go to waste until u get ur wyches in to pop them, not an ideal situation IMO so I wod opt for dark lance over dissies, otherwise I like it
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22 2014, 17:57

theredone wrote:
At a tournament level how many termites u expecting to face? From my point of view I wod be more concerned with mechanized list of any sort, without a means to pop them early all that lovely splinter fire is going to go to waste until u get ur wyches in to pop them, not an ideal situation IMO so I wod opt for dark lance over dissies, otherwise I like it

Well, the way this list would be played, there is only 1 turn before the wyches are in range to pop enemy mech against a mech list. The wyches inside the venoms have an effective threat range of 50 inches by turn 2.(12" move, 18" flat out, 6" move, 6" disembark, 8 inch charge with fleet)

Against a mech list, here is how this list would play:

Line all your venoms up along your deployment zone aggressively, regardless of going 1st or 2nd. Going first is desired, but either way will work. You will be jinking against any fire directed at your venoms in the first turn.

As soon as it's your turn, you move maximum distance towards the enemy. With flat-out, that's 30". Fire your ravagers at the optimal targets for them to damage. If the opponent fires at your ravagers, that's great, it saves some venoms, if not, you may lose a few venoms. Now your venoms are right in the face of the enemy mech. You're inviting the opponent to shoot at your 12 venoms. You're expecting to lose some.

But on the following turn, you've likely got some wyches on the ground from blown up venoms in charge range, and the rest of your venoms are now within charge range for their wyches as well. You drop all your haywyches and charge their mech turn 2. 40-60 haywyches in their face will likely take out whatever mech your opponent fields. Then, in subsequent turns, you use wyches to tie up units while you move your venoms back to their optimal 36" range, taking advantage of the fact that your venoms are scoring with the "Objective secured" rule.

Against an army not particularly suited for CC, the wyches will probably decimate them without assistance. Against MEQ armies, the wyches will tie them up long enough for your venoms to reposition, and for your ravagers to do the same. You'd basically be looking at turn 4 before any infantry from the mech transports would be relevant, and at that point they're now sitting in or near their deployment zone facing down many 36" splinter shots, and whatever ravagers are left with their 9 S5 AP2 shots each.
Back to top Go down
Duke Razzac
Slave
Duke Razzac

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24 2014, 10:45

Nice list. And I love how you will play with it.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 03:58

So, as happens sometimes, I read an opinion of someone else's(Unorthodoxy - Credit where credit is due), and it made me think about one of my lists. This one, in particular. So, I went back to it, making a slight adjustment. I'd love to hear what you guys think. It still works the same way, just that the numbers are slightly different:

HQs:
2 Haemonculi (1 w/ venom blade & crucible of malediction)

Troops:
8 5-man wyches squads w/haywires in dual cannon venoms
1 3-man wrack squad in a dual cannon venom

Heavy Support:
6 Ravagers w/ disintegrators

TOTAL: 1850

108 36" splinter shots
40 Models with haywire grenades and the ability to tarpit
54 S5 AP2 shots for armored infantry
18 units with the "Objective secured" rule.

This list actually still has the exact same number of shots between splinter and dissies(162), however, this list has a significantly higher percentage of S5 AP2 shots. As the tradeoff, there are 20 fewer wyches tossing out haywire grenades.

So what do you think, old list, or new?
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 04:53

I like the second one more, although maybe put Dlances on 2 of the ravagers?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 05:37

No need. By round 2 he will be destroying every behicle they have.

I think Night Shields would be advisable on the Ravagers and deployed where they cannot be taken out no matter what round one. Then when ther Haywires go off, unleash them fully. Don't unnecessarily risk them until turn two.

One Wyche venom may have to be sacrificed for the long term gain. The Haemonculae cant travel with them and so you cant give up the Wracks Venom.

Outside of that, its interesting. If they get their troops out to protect armor, you kill them with shooting. if they do not, you destroy every vehicle, lose huge numbers of Wyches but now have free rein to destroy the peoples.

I can see it doing very well.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 07:13

Unorthodoxy wrote:

I think Night Shields would be advisable on the Ravagers and deployed where they cannot be taken out no matter what round one.

The list is pretty lean on upgrades, so I'd basically have to get rid of a unit/vehicle in order to put night shields on the ravagers, though I agree they'd benefit.

I'm basically looking at it like this: If they fire at my ravagers, they're going to need more firepower to glance/pen to begin with against the AV11 instead of AV10 venoms. If the ravagers have to jink in their first turn, that's not so terrible, as their primary job doesn't come up until later rounds anyhow.

So essentially, between 9 venoms and 6 ravagers, I'm relying on target saturation and jink to carry me through to the point where their vehicles die(hopefully in turn 2). If their primary source of AT isn't vehicles, then that's even better for me, as I'm equipped with 162 shots that specialize in eliminating high toughness and hard armor infantry.

I am aware that this list's major weaknesses, in my opinion, are cover-stars and air. Can ignore air, but stealth/shrouded units could give the list problems. Fortunately, most stealth/shrouded units aren't incredible CC monsters, and so can likely at least be tarpitted by wyches.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rixec
Hellion
Archon Rixec

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 09:27

This list is evil. I like it. Its spamming brought to its extreme consequencies...
Back to top Go down
goofydk
Hellion
goofydk

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 10:31

Bloody hate my Ravagers with dark Lances, they do nothing for me! I use Ravagers with dissies as well, they can take out War Walkers, piranhas etc with the volume of shots much better than my bloody dark lances. Got the worst luck with dark lances, on paper they seem good... but but but...

I like this list!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850   Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Level 2 Venom Spam - 1850
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: