THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BeastStar for NOVA

Go down 
+2
BetrayTheWorld
NostromanNeckTie
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NostromanNeckTie
Slave
NostromanNeckTie

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 01:41

Hey guys! First post here, currently painting up my dark eldar army for NOVA at the end of august. Here's what the list looks like, lemme know what you guys think.

HQ
Vect
Baron

TROOPS
5 Warriors in Raider with Grisly Trophies x3

FAST ATTACK
Beast Pack:
5 Masters
20 Khymarea
2 Razorwing Flocks

3 Reavers with Cluster Caltrops x2

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager with triple lances x3

Eldar Allies:
Eldrad

3 Windriders x2
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 06:20

That's an expensive beaststar. What's your plan with Eldrad?
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 07:07

I was wondering the same, as on his own I see him having a tough time casting powers IMO

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 09:59

Vect and Eldrad = Romeo and Juliet!

Both Vect and Eldrad stays with beast I think. There is enough models to gonga line before charge to catapults both characters to cc.

That beaststar is going to be real pain for some lists. But not so much for others sadly. You only got 4 levels of magic. Thats a little short compared to some competitive lists out there.

Single Ravager is not enough i think. Rather try Night Spinner. It gives you Barrage and forces your opponent spread her forces. And that helps the beasts as larger footprint units are easier to catch with them.

In this list I would use granede wyches instead of Warriors incase you are up against Land Raiders etc.

Raevers only get 1 caltrops/3?

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog

Last edited by Vasara on Fri Jul 25 2014, 10:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing...)
Back to top Go down
NostromanNeckTie
Slave
NostromanNeckTie

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 10:36

The "x3" at the end mean three units. So 3 ravagers all with triple lances and 2 units of 3 reavers with cluster caltrops.

And the plan with eldrad is to go for invis with 4 rolls on telepathy, redeployment shenanigans, and the general dickishness he brings to the table.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 11:00

NostromanNeckTie wrote:
The "x3" at the end mean three units.  So 3 ravagers all with triple lances and 2 units of 3 reavers with cluster caltrops.

And the plan with eldrad is to go for invis with 4 rolls on telepathy, redeployment shenanigans, and the general dickishness he brings to the table.

Right  Very Happy 

Still. One Ravager could be Night Spinner.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
NostromanNeckTie
Slave
NostromanNeckTie

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 11:27

For the points of a Night spinner I'd rather take a unit of warp spiders. More mobile and better to take out back field tanks. Could be a reliable source of anti infantry though. Will consider it.

Incognito assault marine
Vasara

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 12:17

Spiders are a great unit I have used myself too. But the idea here is that with Spinner (or some other serious large blast threath) opponent needs to spread his army. And that max coherency army is easier reached by the beasts that are your main killers.

edit: There are two Ravagers to trade  Cool 

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
NostromanNeckTie
Slave
NostromanNeckTie

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2014, 00:22

I'm not willing to drop two ravagers. 6 lances a turn is not reliable enough in a world of imperial knights.

Sybarite

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2014, 07:46

I used to love the old version of the Night Spinner, much better than the new one. If you wanted barrage, I would take the cheaper and more resilient and I think better all around unit of Vaul Batteries. 90 pts gets you 3 of them. They work great and are a tough unit to shoot of an objective.

With your list, I would rather see at least 2 of the Raiders swapped for Venoms. Im not too keen on Caltrops, though I know some people swear by them. I think Heat Lances would be better as you can still Bladevane but also pressure a vehicle with the lance. If you swapped those both, I would switch 1 of the Warrior squads to Wyches and throw them in the Raider.

I have had great success running only 1 Psyker in this edition as many people have the notion that if you don't have tons of Psykers or Mastery Levels, then you shouldn't take Psykers. Trust me those extra 4 dice plus the opportunity to create more with Eldrad is great. Sure youre at a disadvantage with armies that spam Psykers, but limit your casting to 1 or 2 powers and you should do fine.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2014, 13:56

I disagree. You will find that Eldrad is denied - alot. If you are not spammuing the psykers there are better choices for an HQ in the eldar list. In fact your list does not even need the Eldar tbh. I also think venoms would do you better than raiders and i would be putting blaster/heat lance on the reavers.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
NostromanNeckTie
Slave
NostromanNeckTie

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26 2014, 22:15

The only army that can reliably deny psychic powers are demons and grey knights (usually a cent star), and maybe tyranids. But dark eldar don't fear nids at all. GK and demons we can literally dance out of range while plinking off there soul grinders and psybacks. I'm not saying it can't happen, just saying it's very unlikely.

The Duck of Death
egorey

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27 2014, 12:16

That is quite optimistic on your part and completely accurate. You have 4 WC - lts of armies can deny. And you still have to roll successfully. But I wish you the best trying it. I find Eldrad alone quite unreliable.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BeastStar for NOVA Empty
PostSubject: Re: BeastStar for NOVA   BeastStar for NOVA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BeastStar for NOVA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists