THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frederick Vael
Hellion
Frederick Vael

1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party   1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 03:59

So I left the game for almost 6 months after playing since 5th with DE, and now with 7th, though having mixed feelings, I think it's becoming interesting again. So I tried a WWP with some Haems, Wracks and Talos, and lost really, really hard. I then said "frak it", and went full nobility, no haems, no wracks, full unadultered (ahem) Dark Eldars.

So, this is the army. Tell me what you think

1850p DE Army (No Eldar allies, Psyckers are whack, yo)

HQ
-Duke
-Baron
Troops
-9 Kabalite Warriors on Raider w/ FF, NS and SR
-10 Kabalite Warriors on Raider w/ FF, NS and SR
-5 Wyches with Haywire on Venom w/ SC
-5 Wyches with Haywire on Venom w/ SC
Fast Attack
-6 Reavers with 2 CC
-6 Reavers with 2 CC
-3 Beastmasters with 10 Khymera and 2 Flocks
Heavy Support
-Ravager w/ FF and NS
-Ravager w/ FF and NS
-Razorwing w/FF

I have 59 points left. There are many possibilities now: A blaster on each kabalite unit will add more AA to the army, which I think it lacks a bit. I could add some Arena Champions with Venom Blade on the Reavers unit (so they could assault if needed to capture a point), as I could add a venom blade on the Beast Masters. Maybe NS on the venoms, maybe NS on the Razorwing, maybe make the Razorwing a Voidraven and add some missiles to it. I could add a Sybarite with PGL and maybe a venom blade to the 9 kabal warriors, so if they are blown up, the duke could use his swords.

I don't know, I could use your help here. What do you think of it? Almost the entire army can go on DS or reserve, and everyone (except the wyches) will benefit a lot from getting from reserves near the enemy.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party   1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 06:14

Pretty solid, balanced list. Not my cup of tea, as I tend to be unorthodox and go heavy somewhere in the list, focusing and exploiting a list's strengths.

That being said, I'd personally throw some heat lances on the Reavers if you're looking for situational, optional/maybe AT. If the AT you already have turns out to be enough and you don't use them, fantastic. But if you absolutely HAVE to kill a vehicle, and you've exhausted all your other options, I'd much rather my final option be a reaver with a heat lance than a warrior with a blaster. Just a significantly better chance of killing the vehicle when you need it killed(ie, now.).

At 12 points each, you can afford 4 of em with 11 points to spare. Maybe use that last 10 points to throw grisly trophies on your raiders, as passengers need to test leadership now any time their transport is damaged, or not be able to fire. And welcome back to the hobby! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frederick Vael
Hellion
Frederick Vael

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party   1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 15:13

Uhm, those are great ideas. I had no idea about the LD test on transports.

I'll try it out, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party   1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 20:00

Passengers inside vehicles are fearless and always pass the ld check they are required to make. At least until we get a new errata.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party   1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 25 2014, 20:16

Vasara wrote:
Passengers inside vehicles are fearless and always pass the ld check they are required to make. At least until we get a new errata.

From the BRB wrote:

Fearless
models with the Fearless special rule automatically pass Pinning, Fear and Regroup tests and Morale checks

The rule in question doesn't cause a pinning, fear, regroup, or morale test. It is a leadership test with a specified result of only being able to fire snapshots upon failure, even if you disembark. This being the case, the fearless special rule would have no effect on them taking or failing this test.

For your reference:
From the BRB wrote:
• Crew Shaken, Crew Stunned, Weapon Destroyed and Immobilised. At the
end of a phase in which a vehicle sustains one or more of these damage results, the
passengers must take a Leadership test. If the test is passed, the unit is unaffected. If the
test is failed, the unit can only make Snap Shots in their next Shooting phase, but are
otherwise unaffected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party   1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Baron and Slicuss Bro-party
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: