THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 points speeding army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

2000 points speeding army  Empty
PostSubject: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27 2014, 05:18

It should be said the last time i played Warhammer 40k was when the first Necron codex was released since then i have only played Fantasy.

Okay this army is designed to do one thing fly around i circles at maximum range, around the enemy shooting him from the side and in the back.
As such i haven´t really included any close combat units, as this army really is designed to avoid close combat for as long as possible.

I am considering bringing Eldar allies into play, but since i don´t currently own the latest Eldar codex i can´t really use anything from there.

So let me know what you think and how i could improve it.

HQ:
Duke Sliscus The Serpent 150
Haemonculus, Liquefier Gun 60
Heamonculus 50

Elites:
4 Kaberlite Trueborn, Blasters 108
5 Kaberlite Trueborn, Blasters 120

Troops:
9 Wrecks,Acothyst,Hexrifle 115
9 Kaberlight Warriors, Sybarite, Blaster 106
10 Kaberlight Warriors, Sybarite, Splinter Cannon, Blaster 125
10 Kaberlight Warriors, Sybarite, Splinter Cannon, Blaster 125

Fast Attack:
10 Reavers,Arena Champion, 3 Heatlaces, Agoniser 250

Dedicated transports:
Raider, Splinter Racks 70
Venom, Splinter Cannon 65
Venom, Splinter Cannon 65

Heavy Support:
Ravager, Nightshields 115

Last edited by Erikjust on Mon Jul 28 2014, 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27 2014, 07:36

Duke Sliscus feels a disturbance with this list... The fact he isn't here... is quite... disturbing...
Back to top Go down
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27 2014, 07:52

Mmm that could defiantly be a possibility so how should i modify my list? Take away one unit of trueborn and exchange it with Duke Sliscus
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 27 2014, 16:23

Well the Duke is 150 points. But he would be doing more then any of those haemonculi... I'd take out the Ancient and throw in Duke Sliscus. And depending on how much of a jerk your opponent is with you at 2502, take out the power weapon with the reavers.
Back to top Go down
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28 2014, 12:32

I threw this list up on another Forum and apart from saying that 40k normally goes with 1500,1840 and 2000 points (so it would seem that i need to peal off 432 points worth of units).

But i was also suggested to put more Dark Lances in my army.
Now i may be a bit out of touch with 40k and may have underestimated just how many tanks and such a usual army has.
But isn´t Dark Lances only really useful against Heavy Support? And last time i checked you could only have three units of those in your army.
And since i already have three Ravagers wouldn´t they be more than capable of taking care of any heavy support units that the enemy uses.
Plus those that escape the Ravagers, the Blasters should be able to take care of or am i missing the entire point??

Extra.
Okay i changed the list a little the concept is the same.
Fly around in circles around the enemy and constantly try to blast them.
Though this is a complete Dark Eldar army, i wouldn´t mind exchanging some of the units with Eldar to make up for any weakness this army might have or to further enhance its strengths.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28 2014, 22:21

more darklances? Really? You have 12. Anyways, with all the blasters and darklances you should be able to take on any armor.

Also, I think the list is pretty good at what it does *cough* duke *cough*
Back to top Go down
Erikjust
Hellion
Erikjust

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29 2014, 09:01

Changed it up a bit the duke had to go (unfortunately) i just didn´t have any place for him in the current list.
His Retrofire jet ability is awesome BUT i don´t plan on risking it (mostly because my dice rolls seems to hate me ALOT).  
I can re-roll combat drugs well unfortunately i don´t have Wyches or Hekatrix Bloodbrides in my army so no good there.
His shooting well it only effect one troop so no.  

Also apparently its no possible to completely avoid close combat so i had to put some in.
So here´s the new army.

Archon, huskblade, soultrap, shadowfield, combat drugs, haywire grenades, Phantasm Grenade Launcher 175
Haemonculus 50

Elites:
3 Kabalite Trueborn, 2x Splinter Cannon 56
4 incubi 88

Troops:
9 Wrecks,Acothyst,liquefier gun, Venomblade 115
10 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon 115
10 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon 115
(10 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster, Splinter Cannon 115)

Fast Attack:
6 Reavers 2xHearlances 156
6 Reavers 2xGrav-talon 152
(5 beastmasters, 10 razorwing flocks 210)

Dedicated transports:
Raider, Splinter Racks, Nightshields 80
Raider, Splinter Racks, Nightshields 80
Raider, Enhanced Aether Sails, Grisly Trophies, Flickerfields 80
(Raider, Splinter Racks, Nightshields 80)
Venom, Splinter Cannon, Nightshields 75
Venom, Splinter Cannon, Grisly Troph 70

Heavy Support:
Ravager, Nightshields, Flickerfield 125

1997 (Beastmasters)
1982 (Kabalite Warriors)

The last two is because i don´t know what to do with the last 213 points.

At one point i could take some beastmasters to get some ekstra close combat units.
This is a good thing as it only take one lucky shoot and boom down goes the venom and my Archon and Incubi are gone and i don´t know if my Reavers can take care of any close combat by themselves.

On the other hand those Beastmasters are using points, i could be using on troops, troops that could be taking objectives and secure victory.

Then we have the troop choice well thats some extra firepower the can lay down, plus they can hold objectives and help win the battle.

The down side is as said before i don´t know if the Archon,Incubi and Reavers are strong enough to take on all of the close combat.
And especially towards mid to late game those Beastmasters might have a chance to earn back their points far more effectively then those extra Warrior can.

So which should i choose?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000 points speeding army    2000 points speeding army  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 points speeding army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: