THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Newish Counts-as Grotesque

Go down 
+11
Sky Serpent
WeeDawgNYC
GrenAcid
rider
depayen
SirTainly
Torpedo Vegas
Krovin-Rezh
Baron Tordeck
Saintspirit
Xelkireth
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Xelkireth
In Exile

Newish Counts-as Grotesque Empty
PostSubject: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 12:10

Found this online and wanted to share. I've known about this for about a week and forgot to share.

This model is the Bio-Terror from Paulson Games. The Bio-Terror retails for $20.00 US. This is a high quality resin model and they have some other awesome resin models to boot. I love their Stalking Wolves models. Almost makes me want to play Space Pups. Almost...

Newish Counts-as Grotesque Bio-terror01
Newish Counts-as Grotesque Bio-terror03
Newish Counts-as Grotesque Bio-terror02
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 12:12

Noticed that one too, I like it as a Grotesque but it is really, really thin! The haemonculus must have taken its fat.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 12:13

If you got a plastic Chaos spawn and used it to bulk out the torso, I believe, don't quote me on this, it should be easy to convert with minimal greenstuff skill.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 18:55

I've read on one of the blogs I read I see that have a small issue with mold lines and excess flash but other wise they are a great conversion piece.
Back to top Go down
Krovin-Rezh
Kabalite Warrior
Krovin-Rezh

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 21:23

From the pictures Grotesques look to be just as thin as that, although they have an exterior spine as well.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeSun May 29 2011, 07:47

I own two, they look great but there are a few issues
1) mold lines where very prominent, lots of flash too
2) no variety, if you own more than one (and don't do some conversion work, they'll look the same.)
3) lack of detail: the fleshy bits look fine but everything else has only broad detailing

However, they do look rather nice. Word of warning, these guys arms are really wide, so keep that in mind when posing them.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06 2011, 23:46

I have 3 of these guys, very cool, and now cheaper than GW to boot! Smile

Newish Counts-as Grotesque 5599950484_afb67bc9b4

Newish Counts-as Grotesque 5599367283_cf5d36fb63
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07 2011, 01:53

Paulson did a good job on those.
Back to top Go down
depayen
Hellion
depayen

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08 2011, 22:10

I also own 3 of these also.
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 09:25

if i get round to getting some grots i might look into these - just to chop up and mix n match with the GW one.

i mean a single model, with no options for other bits, for a 3+ squad choice..... come on GW wtf are you playing at? my only thought is that, being direct only, it's a stop gap.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 22:36

Meh, given that GW has basically released a whole new model range within a year and they packed so many bits in the Talos/Cronos kit, I think we can cut them some slack.
Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 23:57

Its x-max!!!! For 20$ its a steal. Dose they(shop) make over-seas deals??
Back to top Go down
WeeDawgNYC
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 02:23

Are those on 40mm x 40mm bases or bigger?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 02:37

rider wrote:
my only thought is that, being direct only, it's a stop gap.

I would go along with this idea personally. I could see them being redone in plastic in about two years, possibly a small wave to regenerate interest in the army.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 03:00

It's a shame they weren't done in plastic. Imagine all the excess bits, kitbashing and modelling opportunities gone. Chaos players would have bought them too for interesting conversions. I really don't know what they were thinking.
Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 11:51

Sky Serpent wrote:
rider wrote:
my only thought is that, being direct only, it's a stop gap.

I would go along with this idea personally. I could see them being redone in plastic in about two years, possibly a small wave to regenerate interest in the army.

i'm imaging them staying in FC, but would expect another couple of options to appear at a later date, possibly then forming a £30 box set of 3 like the tomb king ushabti
Back to top Go down
MuGGzy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 17:04

I would like to see what some creative peeps can do with this and some left over bits from the Talos kit maybe? Or would they be off scale?

Anyone able to post a pic of one of these next to a GW Grot for size comp?

I was also looking around for a deal on the old Confrontation minis that look very similar to this but unfortunately the current owners always think they are "collectible" so they are even more expensive than the GW models. :-(
Back to top Go down
speedfreek
Sybarite
speedfreek

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 18:39

MuGGzy wrote:
I was also looking around for a deal on the old Confrontation minis that look very similar to this but unfortunately the current owners always think they are "collectible" so they are even more expensive than the GW models. :-(

Which ones?

http://rackhamminiatures.yolasite.com/alchemists-of-dirz-a---j.php
http://rackhamminiatures.yolasite.com/alchemists-of-dirz-k---z.php
Centurus Clones are the only ones I might consider.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2011, 19:24

I see a lot more good models speedfreek Wink Nearly naked chicks Accurate anatomical sculpts FTW!

It's a shame Rackham is out of game, sadly GW seems to follow it path...

MuGGzy wrote:
Anyone able to post a pic of one of these next to a GW Grot for size comp?

Newish Counts-as Grotesque 5599950484_afb67bc9b4 Newish Counts-as Grotesque GW-Dark-Eldar-Grotesque

Judging from picture (measuring bases) I think both are comparable, however non-GW seems to have longer arms, so they may stick out of base... or not if You pose them.

Also, I've found those guys:
Newish Counts-as Grotesque Cyclops

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=94_97

They cost $6.50 and also seems legal sizewise (on picture they are mounted on 25mm base, not 40mm).
Back to top Go down
Father Dagon
Hellion
Father Dagon

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17 2011, 22:07

I really don't like the GW Grotesque model. It has one pose for the whole unit, two if you count the Liquifier, and it's just... kinda goofy looking.

I mean, check out this guy: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/1/19/Gtoesque5th.jpg

The long legs, the horrifyingly thin midriff, the external spine supporting it. Damn, that thing is disturbing. And it's, what, 12, 15 feet tall? (Thats 4 or 5 meters for you gentlemen across the pond!) I might just involuntarily secrete waste product if I saw this guy in real life.

I mean, come on, how could the Grotesque have grown that little arm from drug injections? That bothers me too. That doesn't make sense. If it were an option in a plastic kit, that would be cool, but damn it, man!

So, I do hope that our good colleague Sky Serpent is correct in his statement that they will release them in plastic eventually. By then, I'll probably be looking for ways to mix up my army, and I'd be happy to have 4 or 9 bouncing bundles of unholy torment to help me out with that. I'd love to give them Imperial Aquila tattoos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newish Counts-as Grotesque   Newish Counts-as Grotesque I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newish Counts-as Grotesque
Page 1 of 1