THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My first list (750).

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolf Blackwood
Slave
Wolf Blackwood

My first list (750).  Empty
PostSubject: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 11:12

Ok, here we go. my very first list!

HQ

None! (Well, I'm planning on an Archon but waiting on feed back to see if a haemo or even a Succubus would be better!).

Elite

5 Wracks with Liquid Gun W/ Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon

4 Incubi W/ Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon

Troops

10 Kabalite Warriors with Splinter Cannon W/ Raider with Dark Lance

5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades W/ Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon

5 Wyches with Haywire Grenades W/ Venom, Dual Splinter Cannon

That comes to 688 which doesn't leave me with an awful lot of points for a HQ choice, so i was thinking of popping a Haemo in the Wracks (dropping one) and adding another Incubi.

I wont lie, the lack of anti armour does worry me but at 750 points i would hope to be facing a maximum of 2 tanks!

The general tactics is to drown the enemy in splinter fire while my Incubi chop any elite units to bits while my Wracks hold objectives. The Wyches can take out either smaller ranged units or enemy armour.

Thoughts and critiques please, but bear in mind this is my first list!

Cheers

Wolf

P.S. I do realise its not a liquid gun but auto correct on my phone ks being stubborn!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 17:38

put Haywire grenades on the Wyches. change the Kabalites into BlasterBorn. Use a Haemonculus to make the Wracks troops.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Wolf Blackwood
Slave
Wolf Blackwood

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 17:41

I already did put Haywire grenades on Wyches.

Is there any reason to take Trueborn over standard other than more weapons (as its a points issue at the moment - larger games i will do purely for the firepower).

And I'm guessing putting wracks to troops to be able to grab objectives yeah?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 17:47

So. 3 Blasters and 2 Splinter Cannons in a Trueborn unit makes the True Born unit truly fearsome inside that Venom, especiall;y with Night Shields.

Consider: This Venom will be pumping out TWENTY-FOUR Poisoned shots or TWENTY when moving 6". With Night Shields, NO WEAPON can hit it unless it is essentially a 48 inch range gun. Kill those enemy guns and Dark Eldar never have to cry again.

The Blasters are good for when the army is forced close up or wants to get close up. In those cases, you have the firepower to take out the enemy and Blasterborn can be taken with Haywires. So you dont even need Wyches if you don't want.

Food for thought.

Wolf Blackwood
Slave
Wolf Blackwood

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 17:52

That does mathematically make more sense - models are the issue! I'm going to have a Raider and ten Wyches with nothing to do.

Although i could drop some Wyches pop more Wracks in with a Haemo and then pop them in the Raider!

Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01 2014, 22:35

and this isnt the largest list you'll ever play. Not like you cant use those extra models to expand later.

Wolf Blackwood
Slave
Wolf Blackwood

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 13:03

No of course not - i am just limited as to what i can actually place on the tabletop! I have got ten Wyches and to make up the points to 750 i need to field them in one form or another!

Wolf
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 18:01

you sure you dont got $30 for some Warrior Sprues to make True Born?

Wolf Blackwood
Slave
Wolf Blackwood

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 18:16

Not at the moment! Am selling some of my other armies to fund this but with a kid and a house move to finance, cash is rather short!

I have a Battleforce box set and have access to Incubus and a pair of Venoms but that is it at the moment.

Of course i could use the Kabalites as Trueborn but i dont have a Venom for them and taking ten in a Raider seems less efficient than 5 in a Venom.

Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 22:35

Depends. The extra hull point is kinda a big deal on the Raider. But yes, I'd probably opt for the Venom also as long as it has Night Shields and you're not primarily assaulting in them.

Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 19:20

Trueborns are amazing elites (though I don't particularly like mixing the weaponry), but I'd prefer to keep the Kabalite warriors kabalite warriors. You want to know fearsome? Put splinter racks on their transport. 9-18 twinlinked poison shots. The damage output is equivalent to two splinter cannons, albeit at a 24" range, plus you already have a splinter cannon on the boat, so it's almost like having three splinter cannons. Woe be unto anything that gets into rapid fire range.

Slave
Wolf Blackwood

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 19:28

Yeah - i was working the maths out to see if it was worth putting one and and i think it probably is (particularly if they get in rapid fire range!).

I am probably not alone when i say that the vast majority of armies i face are marines and i unfortunately get drawn into the mentality of working out the maths purely based on those! However, thankfully, i am starting to see more variety arriving at the table and while Tau worry me, i am looking forward to fighting something other than a 3+ save! (Which is so dull!)

Wolf
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 20:00

Oh and on the HQ, unfortunately I think you're kind of stuck with the haemo. Not that he's bad he's great, you're just stuck, and here's why:

To run an effective archon with incubi you need two upgrades. Shadowfield and a phantasm grenade launcher. So right out of the ballpark he's 115 points. Arguably he's gonna need something better than a venom blade too since he doesn't have anyone to accept challenges.

But honestly, if you add a haemo you don't have to change anything in your list really. Stick him with your incubi, the major problem I've always had with incubi is they're deadly as hell but fragile as glass, even with their armor save, if their boat get's blown up they take S4 hits on T3, then they can be taken out with regular bolters. Starting them with feel no pain gives them a 3+ armor and 5+ feel no pain, meaning you need S6 AP2 to reliably take them out, and upon the success of their first murderous rampage they get a second token, and suddenly become S5 AP2 on the charge. You can leave you're haemo with them or leave him back on the ship so they keep fleet. You're call.

PostSubject: Re: My first list (750).    My first list (750).  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first list (750).
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: