THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Tournament rules question.

Go down 
+2
Mr Believer
Lord_Alino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Tournament rules question. Empty
PostSubject: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 07:54

So as some of you know. I'm planning to convert the bulk of my SoB army from the Raging Heroes line.
Although I'm just curious as to if they'll be allowed in tournaments or not. For example, isn't there a certain standard of GW parts needed on the model to use it in a tournament?
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 10:50

It varies widely depending on the tournament - some will allow you to use models from other ranges to entirely make up your force, provided it's clear what they're supposed to be representing. Others insist on a minimum of 25% GW parts (I know I've seen that or something like that somewhere), whilst still more will insist on you not only using exclusively GW minis, but everything being fully WYSIWYG. You might be able to get away with certain conversions though, such as Dire Wolves as Khymera. The best thing to do is to check with any tournament you're planning to enter, but if they change their rules before you enter or you can't find a conveniently located one to attend that will allow your models, you might be a bit stuck.

Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 16:43

Here's a guideline:
The fewer restrictions on artistic expression, the more fun you'll have.
Make your super awesome conversions, don't take them to uptight competitions who won't appreciate them Wink

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 12:41

You'll need to check with individual tournament organisers as they will all have different rules.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 13:07

Wysiwyg is the safest place to be - so long as each unit is easy to identify and it's armed correctly then proxies work in most events

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 13:21

WYSIWYG is the basic rules.

GW do have rules regarding "official" tournmamentds and the ones they run themselves, which if I remember right say that each MODEL, if converted, must be minimum 50% original Games Workshop model, and they only allow scratch-builds if there is no currently available model, but it should be based on an existing one.
I think they frown very heavily on using other companies models.
Buts that only the rules GW enforces on their own OFFICIAL events.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 14:12

Squidmaster wrote:
WYSIWYG is the basic rules.

GW do have rules regarding "official" tournmamentds and the ones they run themselves, which if I remember right say that each MODEL, if converted, must be minimum 50% original Games Workshop model, and they only allow scratch-builds if there is no currently available model, but it should be based on an existing one.
I think they frown very heavily on using other companies models.
Buts that only the rules GW enforces on their own OFFICIAL events.

GW tournaments are 100% Citadel/Forge World models, although conversions are allowed. No proxies allowed but suitable conversions are okay. How this is enforced however is entirely arbitrary.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament rules question.   Tournament rules question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tournament rules question.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: