THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... Empty
PostSubject: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 20:08

So, as the title says, I've put together what I hope is a decent 1850 all comers list to use for games at my local game store. Any input would be awesome...

HQ: Duke Sliscus
9 Kabalite Warriors
Raider flicker field, splinter racks, night shield

5 Kabalite Warriros
Venom extra splinter cannon

10 Kabalite Warriors
Raider flicker field, splinter racks

5 Wyches haywire grenades

4 Kabalite Trueborn with blasters

Ravager flickerfield

Ravager flickerfield

10 Hellions

9 reavers 3 cluster caltrops

1845 pts
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 05:10

Looks pretty balanced, but has no AA. I don't really see a role for the hellions here, so I'd probably swap them out for either a voidraven bomber, or razorwing jetfighter to add some AA, and a bit more AT in general.
Back to top Go down
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 05:54

Good call, I like the idea. I can swap the hellions out for a razorwing with flickerfield and two shatterfield missiles, 1850 on the nose... thanks
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 06:30

whats on the Ravagers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 07:31

3 dark lances each, less shots than the dissy cannon, but more strength
Back to top Go down
Fish-Dead
Slave
Fish-Dead

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 18:29

I'd go at least ome with dissy, if not 2. Cracking as2 is more important, and that many wyches will pop landraiders well.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06 2014, 18:47

Fish-Dead wrote:
I'd go at least ome with dissy, if not 2. Cracking as2 is more important, and that many wyches will pop landraiders well.

I disagree. You've only got 2 units of haywyches, and they're fragile. If you wanted to add some dissies, I'd suggest taking them on your raiders and leaving the ravagers with lances.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 12:05

Yeah I agree.

With your 5 venoms, warrior gun boats, reavers + razorwing missiles it seems you have enough anti-infantry. Those trueborn can add anti 2+ if needed.

Id keep DL on those ravagers and raiders.

P.S. Great list!
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07 2014, 20:44

Well it seems that Disintegrator Cannons are the way to go to me.  9 shots averages a glance on side armor 11.  3 Lances are causing 1.33 damage results against side armor 11.  Lances do more.  But if you can put enough antitank elsewhere, those 9 disintegrator shots do a big fat 4 AP 2 wounds!  Awesome.  Imagine blasting three separate units with 3 separate ravagers to almost half size!

Cover plays, so don't forget that, but it is impressive.  Imagine 2-3 rounds of that and you will be terrified.  Your avergae 50 model Marine army is going to get axed hard if they dont do something and they get progresively worse at being able to do something because the rest of the Dark eldar arent just sitting idly by.  12 x 3 = 36 dead Marines just on their effrots alone!  Whuuuuuut.  Yes cover.  Got it, I know.

So try and get your anti-tank elsewhere in the list and then use Night Shielded Ravager Disintegrators to lay waste to the contents.  Just so yummy.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 12:32

Unorthodoxy, you certainly make a good case for dissi ravagers! Tho i have never had any trouble with anti-infantry with my DE with BMs, reavers, venoms, warriors, trueborn, grots and archon.

Anyway you have made me want to try them out. How would you change the OPs list to get more anti-tank elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 14:56

So, I've made a few modifications, based on the discussions here, let's see what you guys think about the modified list:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HQ: Duke Sliscus
9 Kabalite Warriors
Raider flicker field, splinter racks, night shield

10 Kabalite Warriors
Raider flicker field, splinter racks

5 Kabalite Warriors

Ravager flickerfield disintegrator cannon

Ravager flickerfield

Razorwing Jetfighter flickerfield 2x shatterfield missiles disintegrator cannon

9 reavers 3 cluster caltrops

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1850pts
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 15:37

Looks well balanced to me. Let us know how it goes on the table. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
cluricaunne
Hellion
cluricaunne

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 15:48

This list gives me 5 dissy cannons, 3 dark lances, 8 blasters, and a whole lot of poison shots, plus two suicide squads to pop tanks. With Sliscus, I can deep strike blaster born or suicide squads for positioning, if needed.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08 2014, 17:35

Painjunky wrote:
Unorthodoxy, you certainly make a good case for dissi ravagers! Tho i have never had any trouble with anti-infantry with my DE with BMs, reavers, venoms, warriors, trueborn, grots and archon.

Anyway you have made me want to try them out. How would you change the OPs list to get more anti-tank elsewhere?

Id give Haywire to the Trueborn.  I'd put a dark lance on the Kabalites.  Id put blasters on the Reavers.  Id put Night Shields on the Ravagers.  and I'd consider the Hellions as probable points donors for those changes.

Edit:  I see changes were made so...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...   Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Input requested: 1850 all comers for my local game store...
Page 1 of 1