THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  Empty
PostSubject: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 21:41

Hey all, I have a game day planned for tomorrow and I'll either be playing some games against Plague Marines, CWE, or some Orks. I made up a quick 1850 list while I'm bored at work. I think this is going to be the first prototype list I make for a DaBoyz tourny down the road and I'm looking forward to testing some stuff out. I also finally got a fourth Grotesque model and a Razorwing, so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Archon -  [140]
Venom Blade
Husk
Shadow Field
Combat Drugs

Hemmy  [80]
Crucible of Malediction
Liq Gun

4 Grotesques  [235]
Liq Gun
Aberration
Venom Blade
-Raider
Flicker

4 Trueborn [158]
Blaster x 3
-Venom
Extra SC

10 Warriors  [175]
SC
-Raider
Racks
Grisly
Night Shields

10 Warriors  [175]
SC
-Raider
Racks
Grisly
Night Shields

5 Wyches  [125]
Haywire
-Venom
Extra SC

5 Wyches  [125]
Haywire
-Venom
Extra SC

6 Reavers  [196]
Caltrop x 2
Heatlance x 2

Ravager  [115]
Flicker

Ravager [115]
Flicker

Razorwing  [175]
Flicker
Necrotoxin x 4

I'm actualy 16 points short right now. I was just throwing some stuff in there like the two heatlances in the Reavers, any suggestions to fill out what's remaining (I might just throw some more grisly trophies in. Can't have too much GRIZZ)? I'm also a big fan of the gunboats, they've served me well. But, I'm thinking of possibly dropping one gunboat and using the points to field something else... not sure yet. Maybe some Wracks, but I may see how this plays out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 22:43

take two Shatterfield Missiles and two Necrotoxin Missiles.

I think adding 2 Splinter Cannons to the Trueborn is worth reducing the Warrior Squads in size. Also: Night Shields o nthe Venom is highly recommended.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02 2014, 23:15

Good points, I'll tinker a bit and post an update. I do remember reading that mathhammer article regarding the missiles and the Shatterfield will put the hurt on the marines a bit better. I might drop the two units of warriors down to five and take the racks off and leave them pretty bare bones and up the Trueborn as you suggested and possibly give them haywire grenades. At least they will be able to shoot at stuff the first couple turns whilst I try to position my Blasters.
Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 04:04

I like. A few suggestions if I may:

Drop the Crucible and the Haemies Liq to give the Archon a Soul Trap and give the Haemie a Power Axe. As the Archon will be busy with challenges you can now turn the Haemie into a big-time troop killer. By giving him a power axe to help kill off a couple of pesky models, means now the unit has something scary if your looking at assaulting Terminators etc

Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03 2014, 06:34

Ravagers+Night Shields + 3 Disintegrator Cannons. Do that.

Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 17:01

I ended up incorporating ideas from both of you. I dropped one Warrior Unit down to five and took the soul trap and recommended Hemmy upgrades as well as the two splinter cannons in the Trueborn unit.

All in all, I do like having the extra SC's in the trueborn and it played out pretty well. I did get run over by an Ork army though. We played a relic mission and he took no armour, just about 120 infantry and some guns and lootas and he basically just moved across the table and ran me over lol. I think I may have been able to combat it with a more anti-infantry specific list but I just didn't have enough firepower and his Warboss tanked sooo many shots with his lucky stick or whatever it's called. This was my first game against Orks since 3rd edition, so it was a learning experience. It was a pretty bad beat down though.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 08:41

plyed orks at 1500 on Sunday.  It was 10 Meganobz, 85 boyz, 30 Gretchen and 3 Trukks.  Warboss, BigMekShockerski, Done.

I lost a single unit of Gretchen.  Those Orks have some REALLY cool shenanigans that I got to thinking about as the game went along.  Subtle little tricksies. lost the trukks but that was no biggee,

Last edited by Unorthodoxy on Wed Aug 06 2014, 06:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05 2014, 19:00

Yeah my opponent took three units of 40 boyz I think. Maybe like five of the zappa guns and two units of lobbas, maybe 15 each and a proverbial ton of HQ choices. It was pretty gnar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.    1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 All Comers list. First tournament prototype.
Page 1 of 1