THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Brotherhood of the Darkened Light

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Brotherhood of the Darkened Light Empty
PostSubject: Brotherhood of the Darkened Light   Brotherhood of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26 2014, 22:20

The Darkened Light
Brotherhood of the Darkened Light 2gvuhiu
One hundred men we have.
One hundred hexrifles we've gathered.
Hundreds of jobs have been accomplished by us.
We are the brotherhood.

Brotherhood of the Darkened Light 20sstj8
     High Commoragh, the home of many kabals and wych cults. Tangled within High Commoragh are notably large and wealthy kabals, although there are just as many that are small and poor. The Darkened Light however, seeks to change that. The wealthiest of kabals have heard but a whisper of the rumored brotherhood. Although many kabals of small status know their name. A brotherhood capable of doing the riskiest of jobs, able to infiltrate some of the greatest kabals, and even covens or cults when necessary. The pay for these jobs is cheap, merely the best trueborn that kabal has to offer and a set of ghostplate armor.

Origins
     Lumière Noire was a man of average skills. A trueborn that worked under a kabal known as the Darkened Light for a time. That is, until the kabal was destroyed. Although in order to honor it, Lumière Noire kept the name and crest as he travelled High Commoragh in search of jobs. His speciallity was long ranged weaponry, and as thus he was equipped with what is known as a Disintegrator Rifle, an experimental rifle that the kabal he worked under was working on before it's demise. With a range longer than a dark lance it proved excellent for assassination jobs. Shooting one disintegrator round at high velocity it could hold up to six rounds in it's barreled compartment.

Being offered a job by one of the more notable kabals, Noire foolishly accepted it without asking what the job would imply. Which was to kill an archon from a smaller kabal that was ruining his plans. The reward would be worth it however, five of the finest trueborn the kabal had to offer and five sets of ghostplate armor. Noire however was able to commit the assassination with little difficulty, since the kabal wasn't prepared for a weapon with a range as long as the Disintegrator Rifle. Without knowing at the time Noire had just begun what he would later name the Brotherhood of the Darkened Light.

Noire and his companions later went on to doing tasks for more kabals, of which their price to do so would be a trueborn and a set of ghostplate armor. No matter the task and no matter the difficulty, the price would remain the same. In a matter of six months they went from six trueborn to twenty seven. Although they didn't stop at merely that many, instead they went up to exactly one hundred members, excluding Noire, which took them a total of two years to gather. The reasoning for staying at such a low number was as to not draw attention to themselves from the more powerful kabals or wych cults.

It came to Noire's attention however that they weren't of a unified name or color, which would help distinquish them from the gangs fighting amongst High Commoragh. Thus came the name, 'Brotherhood of the Darkened Light.' Along with their signature white cloaks that they wore over white armor. The reason that Noire chose white is because in his mind it signified freedom. Which is something the Dark City lacked, although the brotherhood had. The purple flame of the original Kabal of the Darkened Light however was still to be used, and was tatooed onto the shoulder of each member that joined the brotherhood as a pact of agreement.

Soon they began doing jobs for better wargear, such as combat drugs or grenades. Although once one of the members did a rather risky job for a coven, he was rewarded with a hexrifle. Which proved to be a much better upgrade compared to the use of splinter rifles. What he was doing in that part of Commoragh to begin with is still unknown, but because of this Noire had the five brothers best at stealth, infiltrate coven territories for their hexrifles. A risky job indeed, although what they gained from it was nearly worth sacrificing a brother or two.

One of Noire's most trusted members, Jacques de'Seigneur, brought to his attention that they lacked a place to stay. Which albeit would get them noticed more, wasn't a bad idea. So Noire went out with Jacques to investigate the old rundown buildings and fortresses in High Commoragh that no kabal would willingly go in as to not damage their pride. After searching for a month they came across a small fortress, not even two stories high, that was in an underground complex with only two entrances. Having his members clean the place out, Noire had a thrown placed in the front room where he could send his members out on assignments to benefit their brotherhood.

Within a year everybody in the brotherhood was equipped with hexrifles and highly lethal venom daggers. Each member was allowed to personalize their cloaks and weapons slightly. For example, many of the members had pointed hoods while others had rounded. Some had sleeves that would go past their arms and others would have no sleeves at all. Granted the one rule is to always wear your hood outside of the base, so that people you used to know wouldn't recognize you.

Now, in the present day, Noire watches over the brotherhood in his throne room as they carry out missions and orders of his. Currently Noire only partakes in missions if they require his skill or Disintegrator Rifle, such as assassinating high value targets from afar.

Organization
     The only person with authority in the brotherhood is the Alabaster Veil,  Lumièr Noire. Although he makes sure to treat all his brothers and sisters equally, which is strange for one of the dark kin. Granted those with more experience than newer members are usually assigned to go with a new member once an assignment is issued.

The brotherhood is at no times larger or smaller than 100 men and Noire. The reasoning for this is to keep large kabals from noticing their skill and to see them as a threat. Whenever a death happens within the brotherhood, Noire personally takes on a job and selects a trueborn and a set of ghostplate armor from the kabal of which gave him the job.

Members of the brotherhood bunk four to a room, of which all the rooms are located in a large basement section under the two story complex. Although if a member has done enough jobs and has enough personal items they will be allowed a seperate room on the fortress' second floor. Currently, the second floor rooms are full, considering there are only ten there to begin with.

If a member of the brotherhood steals from or kills one of the other members that person is immediately issued to the most gruesome of tortures imaginable. Failing an assignment is also unacceptable, when this happened the person who failed the assignment is immediately executed. As allowing that person to leave the fortress would be a foolish act, so the person may not simply be banished.

Notable Members
Lumière Noire, the Alabaster Veil
     The founder of the brotherhood, Lumièr Noire. His real name is unknown to all except for himself. As the men of his brotherhood refer to him as the Alabaster Veil, representing the mysterious and elegant aura he shows to those around him.

He stands taller than most of his kind and wears a long cloak that drags behind him. His sleeves cover his hands, and his hood, which is rarely down, is rounded off. The armor beneath the cloak is white ghostplate armor, as he finds the use of a clonefield or shadowfield insulting when he shouldn't be seen in the first place. His ghostplate armor has the symbol of the Darkened Light painted on it's left chest.

The weaponry he uses includes the Disintegrator Test Rifle and a venomed dagger in case he is surprise attacked, which rarely happens. The Disintegrator Test Rifle was a project under development by the Kabal of the Darkened Light that he originally worked for, and is the only weapon of it's kind to survive the Kabal's slaughter. It's a long barreled, one shot version of a Disintegrator Cannon with high velocity and long range shots. It can hold up to six rounds in it's circular barrel.

Noire spends most of his time on his elegant throne, giving out assignments to his brotherhood. Unless of course he is needed for an assignment, which rarely happens. Although his long ranged weapon makes him keen for most of the important assassination attempts.

Jacques de'Seigneur
     Jacques was one of the first five originally trueborn issued to the Alabaster Veil, and is the best in the brotherhood when it comes to gathering information. Even better than the Alabaster Veil, which is to say, a rather stunning achievement.

He carries a hexrifle, along with a venom blade. Surprisingly, he is one of the few members in the brotherhood that carries a close combat weapon that isn't a venomed dagger. Also included in his arsenal is a non-lethal taser that he uses when gathering information.

Of average height for an eldar, he wears a short cloak that barely reaches his knees, and shows off most of his armor. He has no sleeves and his hood is tipped at the end. The symbol of the darkened light is sown into his cloak and contrasts nicely with his white armor.

The only time Jacques leaves their fortress is when a member of the brotherhood requires his assistance, which happens quite often. So with that said Jacques rarely has free time on his hands, always gathering information for other members of the brotherhood that aren't as skilled in that field of work as him.

Balle Tueur
     The only member in the brotherhood that is skilled in close ranged assassination attempts. She refused to use a hexrifle when the rest of the brotherhood began using them, saying she preferred close combat and that she was useless with ranged weaponry. Which is to say true, if she were to get spotted during an assassination she could easily slice her way out of the situation.

She carries a Huskblade, granted how she came into possession of such a valuable weapon is beyond anybody's guess. Her only ranged weaponry is a stinger pistol, which was acquired for her at the Alabaster Veil's command in case she was in a desperate situation. Wanting to refuse it she finally decided it was for the best and carries it on her waist next to a bag of needles coated in toxins.

She stands elegantly, her body, clean of scars or wounds. She is one of the few members that doesn't really wear a cloak, instead wearing a long cape with a hood. Her sleek armor has not even one scratch or dent in it. Her face is truly beautiful, long, black hair flows down her back. Her eyes of a beautiful diamond that you could get lost in if you looked at her for too long.

Rare is it that she is sent on jobs. Although when it is, it usually involves boarding a transport that her target is on and killing everybody on board. If the target manages to escape however, she will not hesitate to infiltrate their fortress and take them out.

Last edited by Lord_Alino on Wed Sep 03 2014, 03:15; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Brotherhood of the Darkened Light   Brotherhood of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26 2014, 23:50

Glad to see you posting this up so quick Lord Alino! Looks good and I really like how different this is from the typical "kabals" that people (myself included) create. Really like your character section, each is unique, characterful, and balanced.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherhood of the Darkened Light   Brotherhood of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27 2014, 00:38

Thanks Very Happy I spent about an hour on it last night and two on it today. I think it was well worth it.

Also, thank you for the compliments, and I suppose this could be considered a Kabal. Although I highly doubt it's big enough to qualify. Also, I thought of making more characters to show how unique and different everybody is but decided not to.
Back to top Go down
Haridar
Hellion
Haridar

PostSubject: Re: Brotherhood of the Darkened Light   Brotherhood of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27 2014, 00:40

Very unusual and interesting idea of elite brotherhood of kabalites. It is quite unusal for me to think that trueborns live as mercenaries, but I find it really intriguing. Characters also help to imagine these guys, so I enjoyed reading all this =)

Cake Who Thirsts
Cakeaunoob

PostSubject: Re: Brotherhood of the Darkened Light   Brotherhood of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27 2014, 18:28

Some really cool ideas here, Alino. I like the idea of a brotherhood of mercenaries like this. Smile
Although some of the wording is a little difficult, it doesn't really flow well. A little too much repetition, I think?
Overall I think it's pretty cool, just needs a little proof-reading. Smile

The Trickster
The Usurper
Back to top Go down
http://cakeaunoob.deviantart.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Brotherhood of the Darkened Light   Brotherhood of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 27 2014, 23:58

Alright. I'll edit it up if I have time this weekend. If not this one than the next Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brotherhood of the Darkened Light   Brotherhood of the Darkened Light I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brotherhood of the Darkened Light
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Kabals Of The Dark City
-
Jump to: