THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Gunboat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 28 2014, 02:47

Just used this list today, and have to say I loved it, thought I share it on here in my recent return to WH40k.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
List:  
Archon
   Combat Drugs; Shadow Field; Soul-Trap; Huskblade; Blaster

Incubi (x9)
     - Raider| Flickerfield                                

Haemonculus  
   Scissorhand; Shattershard; Agoniser ; Splinter Pistol

Wracks x9
   Liquifier                
    - Raider|Flickerfield; Grisly Trophies;

Kabalite Warriors x10  Blaster (x1)
    - Raider|Flickerfield; Splinter Racks; Dark Lance

Reavers x9
   Cluster Caltrops (x3); Heat Lance (x3)

Ravager            
   Flickerfield; Dark Lance(x3)

Ravager            
   Flickerfield; Dark Lance(x3)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tactics:
Everything is mobilized in a Raider, giving the unit an easy time moving, the Archon and Haem with their entourage (Incubi and Wracks respectively) act as the assault teams. Archon is supposed to challenge any independent characters in order to make use of the soul-trap, if there is anything big or bad, or deadly the Haem should use the shattershard to kill it. The 4 Gunboats act as the core of our army, the blaster should help hit anything tough, and then the 14-22 shots should cleanup anything that moves. The Reavers operate as tank hunters and objective contesters, and if the time is right, assaulting can work out pretty well. If your assaulting with them I highly recommend running them over with bladevanes, turning firing upon them and charging to give them the best chance possible. The Ravagers will usually sit back on the board and hit any vehicles or any tough targets that need to be put down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far I'm loving this list, just tied a game with a Dark Angel's player, and that is only because the turn ended, forcing a tie on the tactical objectives. In the end, don't worry about the objectives, as they can't hold the objectives if they aren't breathing.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage

Last edited by Aeterna on Sun Aug 31 2014, 01:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 00:50

How many Wracks?

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 00:59

My bad, 9 they run with the haem for some CC.

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 14:36

If that Archon/Incubi squad doesn't kill EVERYTHING they charge into you're playing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 15:08

They destroyed a terminator squad in 2 rounds of combat.

Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 19:59

A Dreadnought usually will stop it cold. My friend uses that kind of unit and I just try and Jame the dreadnought into them after luring them to a charge. He's kinda learned to keep the unit away until the dreadnoughts can be handled in the shooting phase but that gives the rest of my army a lot of time to operate and since he's not forcing the issue, I can use terrain pretty well against him to single outthe two or maybe three thinkgs i wanna kill per round (usually his vehicles). the round of hesitation this causes for him usually costs the unit its mobility and once thats gone, I dont need to engage it anymore.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Bleaksoul Brethren
Sybarite
Bleaksoul Brethren

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 00:54

I like incubi in smaller units because the stuff 7-8 can kill 4-5 incubi can kill. The only ones they struggle against is ss terminators and monstrous creatures with high t and an invul. but it gives you two units to assault into various targets.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 01:20

Archon squad just asks for a grenade launcher.

And, i'd second Bleaksoul - Incubi don't need to be 9 men strong to kill their targets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2000pt Gunboat Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Gunboat   2000pt Gunboat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Gunboat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-