THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail Empty
PostSubject: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29 2014, 14:47

Hi All,

Long time forum stalker, great site and great community - proud to play DE Smile.

Played  a bit of 6ed an was holding my own had a few wins an a few lessons in shoulda-coulda-next-time,   but life got in the way, an i stopped playing for awhile. Long story short, was down at my local GW store an the owner there offered a crash course in 7thed, with the following conditions
750points , no 2+ or Inv  saves( Kinda hard to use my normal beast and Barron list) and no vehicle armor total over 33( not that hard to do, while playing DE).

So i put together a  list to suite and wanted your thoughts or ideas. I have no idea what ill be facing, so ive gone for a cover all bases feel.. sorta Smile .
While ive been away from playing ive picked up afew bargain on Ebay to give my army a coven element - 1 Hemi, Talos ( love this model ) and scratch built 3 grots, so ive tried to use these new models into my list also. See below.

I used  battle scribe to put the list together, sorry bout the formatting.  The points should 750 on the nose.

+ HQ +

* Archon
(Fleet, Independent Character, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
Clone field, Combat Drugs (*), Ghostplate Armour, Huskblade, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol

+ Elites +

* Grotesques
(Altered Physique, Berzerk Rampage, Bulky, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
* Aberration
Close Combat Weapon
* Grotesque
Close Combat Weapon
* Grotesque w/ Liquifier
Liquifier Gun
* Raider
Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield

+ Troops +

* Wyches
(Dodge (4+), Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
Haywire grenades, Plasma Grenades
* Hekatrix
Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade
* Venom
Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon (Poisoned (4+)), Splinter Cannon
* 4x Wych
4x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

* Wyches
(Dodge (4+), Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain)
* Hekatrix
Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade
* Venom
Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon (Poisoned (4+)), Splinter Cannon
* 4x Wych
4x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

+ Heavy Support +

* Talos Pain Engine
(Fearless, Move through cover, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Random Attacks)
Twin-Linked Liquifier gun, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

I was trying to get the Hemi as my Hq, but realised there was no grenades ( I couldn't find any war gear to help negate lack of assault goodies I may of missed something please let me know) .. So swapped him out for powers sword Archon.

If you have any tip or idea to improve this list it would be great, but mainly I'm checking I'm not going into the store with an illegal list or major  problems.

I'm running a bit light on dark light but I'm hopping that the wychs can pop any transports, so my archon an meatbags can have some fun turn 2 or 3.  

Thanks you in advance for your feed back an corrections, very open to suggestions an changes.  

regard Forgotten.

Last edited by Forgotten In the Dark on Sat Aug 30 2014, 09:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aeterna
Kabalite Warrior
Aeterna

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29 2014, 16:32

Looks pretty good, however I don't see any anti-armor in the list, at least give the wyches haywire grenades. Other than the lack of anti-armor it looks good, personally not a big fan of grots, but they can work

"Hear our call children of the void, listen to the screams of your brothers and sisters, see the raining ash from your home. Do you have what it takes to stand back up, or will you fall like so many before you."
                                                                                                      -  Zorev Norterus, Archon of the Immortal Eclipse
                Kabal of the Immortal Eclipse | Coven of the Shadow Flesh | Cult of the Black Rage
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29 2014, 16:43

If the conditions of the match are: 750 points, no 2+ saves, no invuln saves...

...Then your list is illegal.

Wyches have a 4+ invuln save in CC, and your archon has ghostplate armor, which provides an invuln save in addition to it's 4+ armor save.

Now, that being said, I don't think having a rule of "no invuln saves" is reasonable within the 40k rules. That'd basically take away the one save chaos daemons get.

P.S. And I agree, give the wyches haywire grenades.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 29 2014, 23:19

Thank you for the replays betray the world an Aeterna,

Both wych units have haywire for anti vehicle, but I have over looked the ghost plate an wych ++ in CC. I think I'll have to re write the list in this case or call the store an ask...

Thanks again for the feed back an feash eyes Smile.

Regards Forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30 2014, 10:55

I've spoken to the Gw guy an an I miss interrupts their rules.
It's no models with a 2++ save so the wych are all good an I edited my list to include a
Husk blade, to add cut an dice. Thanks for the advise an lookin over . Wish me luck Smile

Thanks again.

Forgotten.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 30 2014, 12:00

I think that Hekatrix is redundant in Wyches with HWG.
Also CC tooled archon is VERY expensive for a 750 format - just my opinion.
Grots are OK I think, but I would go with Haemi with Shattershard or Liquifier. The fact that they dont have grenades should not trouble you much as they have low ini anyway and are tough enough to weather going last.
I would drop Nightshields on the raider as you want him to go forward and jink instead. And if you are really troubled by charging into cover, put on a shock prow and tankshock the enemy so he sticks out of the cover and then charge him. Takes some training though.
For the points saved on Archon and Hekatrixes, I would add one raider with warriors as wyches are not exactly good for objective grabbing and holding.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 08:14

HI Aurynn,

Thanks for your input Smile, i normally have my Archon tooled like that, but true its a larger points list..

Ill try an shave down the wych squads and try out a Hemi HQ ( never used one before)an see what happens, i dont have a spare raider, so ill take the warriors in a venom with dual cannons..

Ill re-post the list soon. and hopefully play test it next week.

Thank you all for your help

Forgotten.
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 08:45

Well your army is Cult/Coven themed so Archon seemed bit out of place anyway. :-D
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 08:50

HQ

Haemonculus

Liquifier Gun, Shattershard*, Splinter Pistol, Venom Blade

Elites

Grotesques

Aberration
Close Combat Weapon, Venom Blade
Grotesque
Close Combat Weapon
Grotesque w/ Liquifier

Raider
Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails

Troops

Kabalite Warriors

5x Kabalite Warrior

Wyches
Dodge (4+), Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain
Venom
Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon X2
5x Wych
5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

Wyches
Dodge (4+), Fleet, Night Vision, Power from Pain
Venom
Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon X2
5x Wych
5x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon

Heavy Support

Talos Pain Engine
Fearless, Move through cover, Night Vision, Power from Pain, Random Attacks
Twin-Linked Liquifier gun, Twin-Linked Splinter Cannon

So we will see how this all goes an hopefully have a battle report Smile

PS is there any definitive topics for use of the Hemi and shattershard, just so i can get an idea on how to use them properly.

Thanks again for the pointers

Forgotten
Back to top Go down
aurynn
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 31 2014, 10:30

Not sure about a thread, but aim it at expensive models with high AS/invul and low/med toughness. It kills SF archon on 4+, Stormshield terminator on 5+, chaptermasters and sm captains on 5+... No saves of any kind allowed. I have seen it kill a hive tyrant too to much lulz of everyone in the room. :-) And it can also draw fire as enemies tend to be scared of it.

Your list looks much better IMHO. Only I might switch the TL cannon on Talos for either HWB or heatlance. both options are great for trolling as you will move him up close anyway and HL kills both vehicles and high AS units. Depends on your meta though.
Back to top Go down
Forgotten In the Dark
Slave
Forgotten In the Dark

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 02 2014, 04:29

Thanks again Aurynn for your feed back,
I didn't try an theme the army but yes it's worked that way Wink, I'll keep the Talos load out as is ATM, it's it first run an I'll modify from there, only played in the store before once an it was CSM so yeah we will see what they take out of the cabinet this time.

If this list goes well, I think i might try make it my main list, your comment on theming has me wounding if I should cut out the warrors an put in wracks instead( I'll pick up a box after the new release , if the rumours are true) have you had much success with them. I've see mixed reports on usefulness an I've yet to narrow down why the failed or succeeded, seems it's got lots to do with your opponent. Anyway play test in a few day an go from there. Thanks for all the views an comments

Regards

Forgotten
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail   750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

750 pt List - any reason why it should Fail
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: