THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex   Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 04 2014, 06:47

Dark Eldar List -'Kabal of Lost Ironthorn'
HQ-#1
Archon with Shadowfield,Agonizer,Ghost, Blaster,Haywire,Phantasm Grenade Launcher- 165
HQ-#2
Archon with Ghost, Haywire, Agonizer,Blaster,Webway Portal 145

Elite
Incubi-4, Klaivex,Demiklaves,Blood Stone(optional)+ Venom SC option 198
Trueborn- 5, 4 with Blasters, 1 with Shard Carbine + Venom w/ SC upgrade 200

Heavy Support
Tantalus 220
Reaper 145
Ravager 125
OR (if I have a model ready-linked to HQ #2 with regards to WWP use)
Talos with Liquifier Gun and Splinter Cannons 105

Fast Attack

Scourges- 6 with 2 x Splinter Cannons, Solarite w/Venom+S/P 167
Scourges- 6 with 2 x HWB ,Solarite w/Venom+S/P 167
Toops
Squad #1-10 with 1 x SC,1 x Blaster,1 x Sybarite w/Ghost,Phant,Agoniser + Raider 235
Squad #2- 15 with 1 x SC, 1 x Blaster, 1 Sybarite w/Ghost,Phant, Venom (go in Tantalus) 185
Squads #3 (If used or sub out a Dark Lance depending on mission)-Same as Squad 1**
Squads #4-5(if using Archon #2(Web Portal+Talos)-Basic Troops w/1 x SC only
**Ravager replaced with Talos IF trying web portal surprise attack **
***or knock down Squad 1 base makeup to 1 x SC, Sybarite w/Ghost/Phant/Venom Blade instead of Agoniser***

Rough Start- Basically I would like to try to get a warrior unit(Squad 2) and Archon 2 joins it,into the Tantalus and use it as a big Gunboat ,get it near an appropriate spot, Archon dives off,places Web Portal and then a squad or 2 come out along with the Talos to hopefully give the opponent a headache..... of course the lonely little Archon will have to survive a round of move shoot assault from enemy unless I can distract him sufficiently.....

Yea I like Scourges,I use them as my FA instead of the reavers.......

Questions-

1- as long as I setup Archon 2 with Squad 2, he has now joined it and at the beginning of the turn they can embark the Tantalus and proceed to move and shoot ..... I do not think I can deploy the Tantalus with the squad and the Archon already aboard...

I have never used a web portal and it is not clarified- IF coming in via the Portal, do you still roll for reserves (dammit ,do have to roll reserves I guess unless there is a FAQ I missed) .....

Anyway it is a WIP.... and like I said, guess I am a vain Archon, army has to look good, not really into wracks,Haemies, Grots,......

Twisted Evil couple of my friends are already a little bent about the Tantalus 5 HP's ,12 shots of 36" S5 AP2 goodness and having 16 warriors or what have you shooting out also....... to quote:shock: -'god damned sprinting porcupine of death' , I said ,yup now you will know what it is like to basically be killed easily outright.....look out SM and Termies. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex   Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05 2014, 08:11

Thing is, the Tantalus is still open-topped. So a penetrating hit from an AP1 weapon will still blow it up 50% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex   Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06 2014, 00:52

Yea but it looks cool and maybe just maybe I can run a basic raider in front to help shield it and  it gets off a couple rounds of shooting, unlikely but want to give it a go..... specially against a big termie squad...... kill most or all in a single volley.... big squad of marines.. not so big anymore... death company-dead company---- I know it is fragilieee but am trying  to have fun with this army..maybe pull a win or 2.... my crappy dice rolls usually do more damage to myself than the enemy....with this army I plan to go balls out and see what happens. I have tried a couple test games and I play too conservatively with them...my problem is remembering how far they can move in a raider and shoot, how far the raiders can move and the cargo can assault,etc..... I personally feel since they are supposed to be a fast raiding force they should be able to move whatever standard max distance is and be able to assault out if they wish and whatever the raider is carrying should be able to shoot....
Just like I say web portals should be able to be deployed in the movement phase so you can roll reserves and they can spit out and not in the shooting phase because then it sits there for a whole opponents turn before you can push anyhting out, mean while all guns are trained on it to shoot at stuff coming on through it, hence I suggested a 4+ cover for anything coming out due to blinding light/ lightning and shimmering effects.

MAn I wish Talos or the Chronos could be taken as a unit of 1-3 and only take up 1 slot and we could deep strike them....... like I did with Juggies way back in 3rd? edition... summon and deepstrike 5 Juggies as a demon pack into a rear area and watch them eat... was great fun to me and pissed off many an opponent.. they forgot all about shooting at my other stuff.....
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex   Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06 2014, 05:00

Archon Rievect wrote:
I know it is fragilieee but am trying  to have fun with this army..maybe pull a win or 2....

Oh, ok, fluffy list. That's cool. Well, then, good luck and have fun! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex   Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06 2014, 05:24

Thank's yea I guess my list may be fluffy... I decided to try DEldar because the models are pretty cool although the raiders and ravagers still look a bit too 'boaty' to me, remind me of Jabbas boat and the smaller skimmers in ROTJ....
The fact that basically all weapons are assault is cool, the basic save sucks and as I have posted in various threads, there needs to be updates to some stats both in units, weapons and options...also I think the one shot special relics and stuff is BS for what we pay the stuff should be useable all game . I know I limit my stuff and chances by not using Haemies, grots and wracks but I also know that if I have to rolll to see if stuff dies at the end of every turn, like the Arco Flaggies.. I kill them off more efficiently that my opponent, I have a bad dice roll record...
Guess my tactic is to not be conservative, get in range use cover best I can and make the bastards roll saves like they are going out of style.. Very Happy
I am going to try the Reaper maybe I get lucky with it Wink
I like armies with some fluff and true to what they should do or be able to do BUT GW always seems to come up short the last 10yrs or sso. I do not run Chaos anymore because they kept screwing my units over,took awa gear and options so I was left with stuff I could not field and had no interest in playing.. fluff was gone, had to take allies that they would never do if GW would read their own fluff or a few BL Books..

Like I said before, I do not mind a good bar room bloody brawl and losing ,I just HATE it when I get punked by stupid uber deathstar lists or they have stuff I in no way stand a chance against... to those I just say 'really.... that is what you are running for an army for this game?.... ok, you win, see ya.... I wont play a game when I know they will table me by turn 2 because of nothing but pie plates that do not scatter or they reroll every single damn shot hit wound,etc.... no fun no enjoyment..

Anyway now ya know a bit about me.. have a good weekend and pleased to meet ya..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex   Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of Lost Iron Thorn Initial list -work in progress- probably wont play til after new 'Dex
Page 1 of 1